Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: LF2 Sprite Sheet Generator [based on Gad's method]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-26-2018, 07:54 AM)Gad Wrote: [ -> ]Hey not bad!! I'v been thinking about such a thing myself, but figured there's not much of use considering that there are other good spriting tools.
I have not been reading whole topic, so please excuse me if these have been mentioned already.
I didn't have much time to review, but here's few suggestions:

1- Creating custom stacked symbol groups, so ready objects that contain symbols.
2- Viewing current sprite only / animation - so you could see how frames are transitioning. Editing them just by seeing them next to each other is much harder.
3- Skew/bend/distort functions
4- Bar at top is very unintuitive, regular move/scale/rotate should be allowed by clicking on different parts of the picture on the board. (THAT's A MUST in graphic edtior like that)
5- Bring to front/send to back - where are the move by 1 layer options? Couldn't find.
6- Replacing symbols??
7- Applying shaders to symbols would be cool (changing color and other)

That's it for now. I'll let you know once I come up with more.

Also - would be cool if you joined discord.
Cheers!
1- Well, I thought about being able to group objects so to select them easier but making mouse interactions and putting meaningful visual cues are tricky stuff. But then you can select multiple objects and just duplicate them anyway so not exactly sure implementing multi-symbols is worth the pain.
2- This is actually planned, but requires motivation :P
3- Don't have them skillz, sry. I mean this is not an image manipulation program and those are hard things to implement. This is meant to be used alongside the image editor of your choice, not to be self sufficient.
4- Much of what you expect is not implemented simply because it takes too much effort. I could come up with a nicer UI but it just doesn't hold water. But I find it fairly easy to work with shortcuts.
5- Is this really such a big deal? Can be added trivially but never had a need for them.
6- Already supported. You can for example remove all symbols and load different ones with the same name.
7- See 3
Few more things there. I understand you might not want to implement those, but since you've asked for feedback here's what I think.
UX is pretty bad and. Dragging/scaling by RMB is totally unintuitive, complete no-go for me.

2. Woo hoo! Give me an N, give me an X, give me a 1337! Go Nightmarex1337!

3. This software is actually manipulating images (e.g. scaling a bitmap). Skewing and bending is VERY handy in creating sprites from premade materials. Please note that most of popular sprite creators support these options. Skills? I'm not sure what language/environment you're using, but I'm pretty positive there are free assets on web that would do most of the job for you.

4. Just make the program calculate the position of corners. Display corners. If clicked very near the corner > activate scaling, if clicked outside, but pretty close > activate rotation, if clicked inside > activate moving.

5. Might turn to mess if you'll have multiple symbols stacked up on board and will try to re-arrange them.

8. Changable anchor point.
(replying to make it look complete)

(09-26-2018, 04:17 PM)Gad Wrote: [ -> ]UX is pretty bad and. Dragging/scaling by RMB is totally unintuitive, complete no-go for me.
I would say this is somewhat subjective.

(09-26-2018, 04:17 PM)Gad Wrote: [ -> ]2. Woo hoo! Give me an N, give me an X, give me a 1337! Go Nightmarex1337!
I appreciate the effort :)

(09-26-2018, 04:17 PM)Gad Wrote: [ -> ]3. This software is actually manipulating images (e.g. scaling a bitmap). Skewing and bending is VERY handy in creating sprites from premade materials. Please note that most of popular sprite creators support these options. Skills? I'm not sure what language/environment you're using, but I'm pretty positive there are free assets on web that would do most of the job for you.
Skewing is simple, distortion is doable, bending on the other hand...

(09-26-2018, 04:17 PM)Gad Wrote: [ -> ]4. Just make the program calculate the position of corners. Display corners. If clicked very near the corner > activate scaling, if clicked outside, but pretty close > activate rotation, if clicked inside > activate moving.
I'll see what I can do.

(09-26-2018, 04:17 PM)Gad Wrote: [ -> ]5. Might turn to mess if you'll have multiple symbols stacked up on board and will try to re-arrange them.
Alright.

(09-26-2018, 04:17 PM)Gad Wrote: [ -> ]8. Changable anchor point.
Can be arranged.
Can you post a video on how to use it?
Pages: 1 2