Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: LF2 Discord Channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I've just made a LF2 Discord Channel, kinda like IRC but, better I guess?

Here you go, click the message and you can join the channel, hope to see you there!

-------> Clicky <-------
Will be there. If i find some time hehee.
Hey Amadis, just wanted to let you know that there is already an LFE Discord channel. It was created by users on IRC who sometimes played survival together and went to voice chat. I don't have the exact link at the moment, but if you pop into IRC, it should be either displayed in the topic title or someone there will be able to provide you with a link (mfc, MangaD, zort).

EDIT: https://discord.gg/Z2MFSMD This looks like it!

EDIT2: And it looks like you've discovered it by yourself already! :p
I feel like it could be more organized and sth, like a little bit more than just the general chat area. I mean, the place is pretty much dead, IRC can have the same use pretty much. So yeah.
As you said, IRC already fulfills the chatroom purpose, therefore Discord would never have been necessary in my opinion. It's however practical to be able to hop into voice chat pretty quickly without needing to rally the people together on another voice-chat medium, so that's really the only time I use it.
Also discord supports uploading images/other stuff unlike IRC, for which you have to use an external image uploader, also the ability to create channels for certain topics are great, so there's that, Don't take me wrong IRC is not bad, but I feel like discord would be a better chatroom.

But eh, thats only me, other people have other opinions.
I'd use discord more if they'd fix the app's notification.
There's no option to only make the window blink rather than have a literally full screen popup message being hidden in the corner, which is incredibly annoying.
Well that is true it IS quite annoying, there is also a way to disable notifications, a red mark appears behind the "#channel_name" area, I suppose you know this already though.