Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Default FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the game's default FPS? And has anyone tried to fiddle eg. change it?
30, fixed. Of course people have; have a look at the FPS changer program hosted in the main site.
If you would like to speed up the game, open up LF2 (2.0a) in a disassembler such as OllyDbg, go to address
0043D164
and change the number in the instruction to something lower than 21h (original instruction should be
CMP EAX,21
). Haven't bothered understanding how it's working and how much things get accelerated. I just know that a frame is set to 21h = 33 ms.

Slowing down, i.e. increasing the frame duration, is something magic. I'm too tired and not motivated enough right now to go dig into it anyways :p

An easier solution would be, of course, to just use an external program to dictate the FPS-speed.
I'm not sure that's what Blue Phoenix means, but I know that number is the time "delta" or "timestep". 33ms every frame means that 1000/33 ~= 30 frames will run in a second (the 1000 is from a second being 1000 ms). Suppose you want to run game at 55 FPS. You'd set that number to 1000/55 ~= 18 (12h in base 16).