Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: [Sign-ups] LF2 Tournament!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Dear LFE,

It has been ages since the last LF2 tournament took place.

I believe most people are on holidays during this time of the year.

Isn't it time to rekindle the flame? cool

Edit (26th July 2016):

All right, looks like we got at least 10 people willing to participate.

For simplicity, the tournament will be a regular single-elimination tournament, with a 3rd place playoff, where the 2 semifinal losers compete for 3rd place.

I have prepared a set of rules and technical advice, these can be changed, you are free to debate and decide on different rules, the majority will decide.

If it is all right with everyone, the tournament should start at 1st August, as soon as I get the brackets ready.

Rules:
  • Use an unmodified version of LF2 v2.0(a)
  • The winner of a pairing is decided by "Best of Five": 5 matches are fought, the one that has more wins succeeds.
  • As proof, all matches are to be recorded and posted, for example on http://lf2replays.appspot.com/ with a link to the replays in a post here.
  • Participants may also pick any character, except: Julian, Firzen and Louis Ex
    (If lf2.net is used to pick a non-standard character, use lf2.net again to deactivate the cheat)
  • For each match, you must pick a different character! The first match will be Random. The second match, the winner picks first and the loser gets to counter pick. And so on.
  • The default background is HK Coliseum. If both opponents agree, a different background may be chosen.
  • Breaking any of the following rules means losing the fight to his rival, in which the violation occurred, unless a rival decides otherwise:
    • Usage of the Function-keys is prohibited (ie. F6, F7, F8, F9). The same applies for entering the cheat (lf2.net) which would allow a transformation of Louis to Louis EX at full HP.
    • Using the F1 key (pause) during an attack is prohibited.
    • Drinking milk and beer is prohibited.
    • Combos where a player can juggle his opponent using the same move against a wall over and over again is prohibited.
    • Prolonging the DoP (dance of pain, stunned state where the enemy is unable to move) for more than 1 attack is prohibited.
    • Attack limits per fight:
      • Henry: Sonata of the Death (D ^ J) is prohibited.
  • Transformation of Louis into Louis EX is allowed.
  • When a participant gives up, his opponent will automatically be the winner of that duel.
  • Each round has a 3 days period to take place (may be increased later depending on the number of rounds), but can be extended on prior demand due to foreseen circumstances. If two opponents do not fight each other (due to organizational problems), a winner will be chosen by me, depending on who is the most active around here during that time period. If the problem is related with Internet connection, the one with worse connection is taken out.
  • If someone crashes during a fight, that person will automatically lose, unless his opponent decides otherwise.

The joining-phase ends on Sunday, July 31th GMT!!
(there may be some hours tolerance until next day)

Vote "Yes, count me in! :D" at the poll to join.

Good luck to all participants :)

Useful programs to connect to each other:

If you need help, please check this page.

Participants:
  • Adijanko
  • Apczu
  • Arthur
  • As098
  • Bamboori
  • BiYoRi
  • Broda
  • Davidharry
  • Indiger
  • kamiloslav
  • Kevin
  • LeoGautama
  • LutiChris
  • MangaD
  • Biedronka (mfc)
  • prince_freeza
  • STM1993
  • Trouble Maker
  • Vegetadasaiyan

Pairings: TBA

The winners: TBA

Note: If anyone wants to host the tournament, be my guest.
YEA YEA IT WOULD BE AWESOME this would be my first tour and i wanna showcase my skills!!
(07-24-2016, 02:33 AM)Vegetadasaiyan Wrote: [ -> ]YEA YEA IT WOULD BE AWESOME this would be my first tour and i wanna showcase my skills!!

Please vote on the poll so we can have an idea on how many people are interested. ;)
Things are going to be quite unpredictable for me in the next couple of months, so I can't say for sure. Is there an estimate as to when the tournament will take place?

On a side note, I think an AI battling contest would be much more fun. People can design general AIs according to some rules, then a tournament bracket in which these AIs battle together can be set.
(07-24-2016, 12:10 PM)A-Man Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note, I think an AI battling contest would be much more fun. People can design general AIs according to some rules, then a tournament bracket in which these AIs battle together can be set.

Not all of us are programmers... :p
Well I'm no spriter either. That didn't stop me from trying in the last contest though.
(07-24-2016, 12:10 PM)A-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Things are going to be quite unpredictable for me in the next couple of months, so I can't say for sure. Is there an estimate as to when the tournament will take place?

The sooner the better!

If we get at least 10 players who'll join for sure, then we might start thinking of the date and rules.

I don't mind hosting if no one wants to.

(07-24-2016, 12:10 PM)A-Man Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note, I think an AI battling contest would be much more fun. People can design general AIs according to some rules, then a tournament bracket in which these AIs battle together can be set.

That is interesting, but you'd have to provide some more information (how to code AI, what character we'd use as base, rules, etc). Although that is a different kind of tournament, we could do after this one. =P
Thats basically going to be a random result for the most part, be it an advanced AI or not..
Sounds good.

Details, theme, rules ..etc are best revealed with the deadline countdown. But to describe an idea of how it can be done: A new basic modification of template is DCed with very weird attacks and strategies. Say back kicks or energy balls fired to the extreme left or right. Maybe some sort of a mine plant to make things more challenging for the coder.

There's an entire section for AI development. It actually only requires very basic programming skills. (just knowing how to use variables and conditional branching would be sufficient)

Also, surely organizers like BP, STM or any of the moderators can come up with more interesting and surprising concepts :P

Hellblazer Wrote:Thats basically going to be a random result for the most part, be it an advanced AI or not..
Why do you think so? There'll be some rock paper scissor in it, true. But that's the essence of the contest; to make an AI that can match up against most types.
(07-24-2016, 01:27 PM)Hellblazer Wrote: [ -> ]Thats basically going to be a random result for the most part, be it an advanced AI or not..

You can do like 10 rounds between 2 AI's to determine the best. You can even use F5 to fasten the process. The luck factor won't matter so much. :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4