Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Status (Homeless)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
welp... i'm officially homeless.
[Image: B3zEP5G.jpg]
what should i do?
No idea how you got into this situation and I don't wish to pry. Might be difficult to ask friends/relatives for a place to stay.

Here's two links I found online that may come in handy if you can't secure a place with relatives:
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/faqs/homeless
http://nationalhomeless.org/references/need-help/
Good luck.
You guys may probe. I'm currently waiting for a coworker to help me out for a night or two. I had a big fight with my dad and i thought enough was enough.. i had to get out.
If so then this happened at your own volition. I don't know exactly about your relationship with your family, but I'd suggest to reconcile with your father rather sooner than later. I understand how frustrating it can be to fight with relatives, but to directly move out without having a proper plan is not really a smart idea.

He won't hold a grudge forever, as you won't. Life's so much easier if there are parents that are able and willing to support you in the early adult stages :p
i gotta agree with ramond. while it may really suck to make up with your dad, but you really should look for a place to live first. you may try to do that from a coworker/friends home, but i dont know what your potential landlord/lady and your employer will say about you not having a home currently.
Last time I checked you had a job. If you have the money to rent a room (to one of your friends/coworkers for example), that could work. If not, you could try to go for a small apartment. If none of those choices is viable, then oh boy... Go beg forgiveness to your dad. :s

(wow man you seriously surprised me... :()
It's simple, you live under a rule, you abide rules. Even if sometimes it means you are restricted and strangled by them. Believe me I know.

Advice = "I'm sorry mama-papa. I made a mistake. I won't repeat my mistake. Pls take me home. I'm scared."

Even if these are not your true thoughts or your intents. They want to hear lies, they want to live a life of lies, have them live it.

Play along as long as it goes along your interests and leave when you have the power to do so.

Edit: I know doing this means you take your honour under your feet but well, this is how I did when it happened to me.
It really depends on what your fight was about. I am not going to say, beg for forgiveness and move back in, and in all honesty you are going to have to move out at some point anyway.

If I were to give any advice it would be this: Don't listen to advice from strangers on the internet, who, even if they want to help you, aren't in your situation and simply cannot know all the details, and make an informed decision.
mfc Wrote:It's simple, you live under a rule, you abide rules. Even if sometimes it means you are restricted and strangled by them..
Harsh, but true. Nothing in life comes free. But it seems you already made a decision, so it may not matter now.

And this:
mfc Wrote:Play along as long as it goes along your interests and leave when you have the power to do so.
I believe is very good advice if you're facing against stubbornness.

Depending on the type of the dispute you had with your father, you might want to consider talking to an older sibling of his (an uncle/aunt). If you see a chance to get back home and you choose to take it, do it. Even if for a short while. You can then secretly sketch a graceful moving out plan. While you're home, you can amend your daily schedule to achieve maximum hours of absence of yourself while he's around. If he stays up late, sleep early, and wake up at 5 AM. Have your breakfast, and go out for a jog or something at around the time he wakes up. Always pretend you're busy, and whenever you're asked to do something, try to answer with a quick "yes", without arguing. Even if what you were asked to do seems nonsense. Become the obedient good son they think they want. Often they'll ask for your opinion on some matter. Always answer with the first option in the list. If they start talking about why option B might be better, don't discuss, and immediately switch to B. Try to keep any conversations you have with your father to a minimum.

On the other hand, a maybe, just in case you didn't try looking at things from your father's perspective, a lot of things have changed in the past 20 years. Your father might have had big dreams, perhaps dreams which you may think of as trivial now, that he really wanted to achieve before you came to existence. Being a pillar of a family very often requires serious dedication, full time effort, and most importantly, leaving behind all that one had once wanted to achieve as a person, with some seeing possible "successors" in his offspring. It may come to shock them later on when they see you're nothing like them. That's when some of them will start regretting some related decisions they made - nothing to take personally though. I have been into gatherings of my father's friends and have heard a number openly talking about how they "shouldn't have gotten married one year early" or "should have went for that scholarship opportunity before bringing out a child".

I'm not saying that to justify anybody's father's actions, but that may help you see things from another perspective. I know I've made lots of generic assumptions about your life and the sort of dispute that resulted into all this, some of which may not even be remotely related. Good luck anyway.

Something inside me tells me a part of you is enjoying the experience.. adventure! I'm very sorry if I just made a joke while you're having it rough
You have coworkers so you have a job. Figure out your absolute minimum living expenses (rent&bills + food + phone bill). Maybe you can just afford to live in a shared rented place. I don't know if you live in a city, but it's usually quite cheap to find a place to rent a room in a bigish apartment with lots of folk.

If you can't afford to do that, figure out the extra monthly income you need and find a way to make it. You have more artistic talent than most. You can make some money. Even if you have to bid super low, you can still do it. Avoid getting scammed. Always get at least half the money before sending over the finished project. Even if they scam you, at least you have half the money.

I would research homeless shelters before going. It could be more dangerous than sleeping on the street depending on where you are. Look into soup kitchens, you may be able to save money on food.

Edit: depending on how desperate you are; look into renting desk space. Again, this only really works if you are in a city, but over here I can rent a desk in an office for less than a quarter of my rent. Get a gym membership for showers and that's probably slightly/significantly cheaper than living in a shared apartment.
Pages: 1 2