Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Abandon project?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There has been no activity on the project for over a year. Is this the end of the project?

There's a few things we can do right now. I need your vote on this!

1) Abandon the project, release the individual characters (some effort required)
2) Change the course of the project: finish only the most important characters (general, wizard, main villain) and add other custom characters and modifications to still create a somewhat new game, slightly change (some of) the original characters and the backgrounds/stages (much effort required)
3) Finish the project the way we wanted to do it in the first place (total committment required)
As sad as it is, because of my circumstances I gotta choose option 1...
I have to agree with Arcane. It's just not really working out with majority lately, and my interest with lf2 is dropping a lot.

I guess it's option 1 for me too.
I know, I haven't been involved in this project whatsoever, but the parallels to the Forum Mod are uncanny. As much as I would love to see you guys bring the whole project to a presentable level (option 2+), this is not in my hands. Considering that general interest in LF-related things has massively declined within the past two years, a continuation might not be too fruitful anyways. Unless this is burning under your nails :p
just wanned to say even if we didnt get a playable result, I realy liked this project and the team.
I learned a lot when it comes to project management and spriting.

Thx for the good time guys! :)
I totally agree Arcane. If you guys wouldn't be living so far away, I'd say we should get together and drink a beer sometime haha
(07-09-2016, 08:15 PM)Arcane Wrote: [ -> ]I'd personally have no problem with making the subforum visible for everyone, dont know bout the others tho.

Arcane said this in the general LF2 extended topic. I agree with his idea. I'd say: make the subforum visible for everybody to see, and every teammember can decide for themselves if they want to continue working on it themselves, or make their characters/bg etc 'open source'.

I personally think making it open source could work out for the best. Then every person that is motivated and has time to work on a project, can just pick up part of the project, such as an incomplete character, and post their progress in the character topic in the subforum. The characters might then be individually released. And very maybe, some day, we might have enough high quality characters together to give this project new breath.

I will at least give permission to continue on the part of the project I've been working on: Daniel, 'the teleportation minion', and Nino, if Arcane and Ariel approve also.

Please mention if you want to continue on your projects yourself later, or if you give permission to let others continue your project. We can only open the forum if everybody is okay with it. Or we can open the forum but clearly state that that specific project in the subforum can not be used by others.
I don't mind but I don't quite see the need for it.
i also dont mind making it visible for the others and to be honest i actualy lost my motivation to work on the werewolf guy
as long as credits are given, why not :)
Pages: 1 2