Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Alternate Stance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I am currently developing a character who is immune to fire (basically fire heals him). But I don't want to directly implement it. I want to create an alternate stance in which he will be immune to fire. So what I want is upon pressing certain combination, say DJ for ex, he should go to an alternate stance. And while in that stance when hit with fire attacks, he should go to certain frame numbers where he will do the healing animation and heal himself. So can anyone here tell me how to code it?
Are you developing this thing for Natsu Dragneel? :)
Wow that was nice! Yeah it is for Natsu Dragneel indeed. I have him in my mod. So any ideas on how to implement it? :P
upon pressing the button combination, do you want that stand to replace his normal one or ĵust make him stand around in a few special frames?
in case of the first one i guess its a good idea to (temporary) transform him into a character which has that special stance instead of the regular one.
This is tough. Best I can think of without an extra character is:
* Character has hidden bdy, and opoints a ball.
* Fire attacks have an itr with arest that hits the ball (in the code, this should be the 1st itr so it has priority in hitting the ball).
* Ball goes into hit/rebound, becomes a John heal ball that heals character via ik8 that hits the hidden bdy.

Regardless of what you do (unless you use transform), you will need to opoint something (a dummy character or a ball) that serves as hit detection for fire. Can't use the counterskill technique on its own since fire/ice will go right through it.

The transform method is the easiest to do, but the flaw is that because its the character that directly takes the damage, he will still take 33% of the damage as HP lost and can only heal dark red HP(which also takes some time to heal from, so if close to death, char dies instead of heals).
How will the character take damage if he is already transformed and the transformed one is immune to fire? Like I am saying, after you press DJ, he immediately transforms to the immune fire char and has a suitable alternate stance in the stance frames of transformed character which is immune to fire. After the end of the alternate stance, he transforms back to his normal self immediately. This method is actually good but I am a bit hesitant to use it since it will use one slot in hidden character ids. :/

I will see what I can do about the opoint method. Hopefully it will work.
(10-04-2015, 05:54 AM)T.O.R.N.A.D.O Wrote: [ -> ]How will the character take damage if he is already transformed and the transformed one is immune to fire? Like I am saying, after you press DJ, he immediately transforms to the immune fire char and has a suitable alternate stance in the stance frames of transformed character which is immune to fire. After the end of the alternate stance, he transforms back to his normal self immediately. This method is actually good but I am a bit hesitant to use it since it will use one slot in hidden character ids. :/

I will see what I can do about the opoint method. Hopefully it will work.
Oh, so you want fire attacks just pass by him, that's a lot less interesting.

There are three kinds of "immunity" that you could've been referring to. One is you still get hit but take 0 damage (negating). Two is get hit but heal HP (absorbing). Three is not get hit at all (ignoring), and I assumed you wanted absorbing rather than ignoring because in your 1st post you mentioned "basically fire heals him". As long as you need the character to be hittable by fire, you do need a method of hit detection, and the transform method is the easiest but most flawed version of that.

Anyway, in that case you won't need a whole new character. Just make sure every character has a bdy that only fire can hit, but remove this bdy during the alternate stance, and there you go. Even easier if all fire attacks in your mod uses effect 20 or 21 - then you can just make the character have state 18 during that stance and he'd be completely immune.
Nope he will absorb the attacks. Now let me tell you in details what I meant.

Upon pressing DJ, he will go to a frame with wait 0 and state 80xx directly. So he will transform into another character who will have the healing state in his fire frames. And thus transformed character will have an alternate stance to differ from original character. And the last frame of this stance i.e frame no. 3 will have a backtransformer which will make this character go back to the original character which is not immune to fire. Alternatively I will add backtransformer to injured and getup frames too, so when he is hit normally then he can back transform again.

So I don't get why he will take damage at all.
(10-04-2015, 02:40 PM)T.O.R.N.A.D.O Wrote: [ -> ]So he will transform into another character who will have the healing state in his fire frames.
So I don't get why he will take damage at all.
This is exactly the problem. Damage is applied when the itr connects, it doesn't matter what frame the character is sent to.

If the fire attack directly hits the transformed character and send him into the fire frames, the transformed character will still take damage. It doesn't matter if you put a heal like state 1700 or use a John heal ball or even make him drink a hidden milk - he will take damage, and he will die if his HP is not at least higher than the damage, and he will permanently lose red HP based equal to 33% of the damage taken. The only difference is that he heals dark hp(67% of the damage over time) AFTER the damage is taken.

Simple experiment: Set John's burning frames to have state 1700 instead of state 18 and any other changes you like. Go to Battle Mode. Have Firen throw any kind of fire attack at John. Watch as John's HP goes down before it goes up(but never recovering to 500hp), and John will still be killed by fire. John is not immune to fire, he is merely a bit harder to kill with fire when he has higher HP than the damage taken.

If you want proper immunity, you have to opoint something else to take the damage. Simply transforming and modifying the burning frames won't work.
Couldn't each fire attack just have itr8 that reacts to a special bdy?
Pages: 1 2