Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Hao Fire Master
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Introduction
Hello there guys! Im working on my own modification to play with friends on LAN or something like that so i want to upgrade old characters but also bring something new so Im trying to create my own characters and want to share this one with you just for your review and rating. I still dont know if this char is complete or not because I create him like two years ago and Im still changing him. I will really appreciate if you can suggest something for me to make this character a better one so lets start. His name is Hao (master of fire) and in my mod he got a boss place i mean he is locked and cant be played without "lf2.net". I will talk about skills below.

Description
What does your work include?
- Char: Movelist, moves description, gameplay description.

Screenshots

Hao Standing (Click to View)
Hao Firebeam (I deleted this move from game because Im not sure if his movepool is okay) (Click to View)
Hao using fire blast it is a low-mid range ball that explode after a sec or two dealing massive dmg but costing 375mp and 20hp
Hao Fire Blast (Click to View)
Hao Fire Blast (after few sec boom) (Click to View)
Hao using fire punch like julian run attack but a little longer and making flame ground like firen burn run
Hao Fire Punch (Click to View)
Hao using Heat Wave. It is a massive skill that dealing great damage but also cost 375mp and 20hp
Hao Heat Wave (Click to View)
I really wanna know is this character is good enough or maybe too OP for boss slot and if you got some advices please let me know :)

Download
http://www.speedyshare.com/4xqWm/Hao.rar

Credits
Well I was using lf2 sprites so I think Marti and Starsky help me a lot :)
This is pretty neat from the looks of it, I like the C&P sprites. I didn't try him out, but it seems that he lacks low MP moves, I'd bring back the fire beam, if it's not some kind of OP super move and isn't glitchy with the fire effect.
Hey, nice char! Pretty good sprites, but I should make some good ideas to change it:

1 - Reduce the MP for some attacks
2 - Fix the shadow bug in the big ball attack
3 - Put again the attack "fire beam" (kinda good)
4 - Fix some damage for the 4 attacks
5 - Add more attacks
6 - Fix facepic
Hello again im back with some upgrades for my character :)

Here i describe what changes i made and also i will put some animations and ofc download link to test it in battle :)

So lets begin with his Fire Blast attack (bigball):
https://imgur.com/NucGdlR
I change sprite a little bit and after explosion groundflames spawn different way. I also change mana cost for 100 and damage is now 75 for hit and explosion deal extra 75 dmg

Fire Beam now returns to game without any fire glitches and cost mana like firzen cannon, dealing 135dmg (main ball) and next balls deal 26 of hp:
https://imgur.com/GSCvyTq

Heat Wave got some graphic changes when it disappear and also cost half of mana (250) and deal 100 AoE dmg but i changed it a little bit what i mean. I mean heat wave isnt dealing damage on last sprite when it got max range but now if you cast it and someone is close to you then you dont need to wait it will deal damage immediately when opponent is in range - maybe gif will explain better :D
https://imgur.com/BXy4p7Q

Fire punch now function as a run attack. Cost 20 mana and deal 60 dmg. Graphics changed completly and i decided to delete groundflames
https://imgur.com/oZnFsBf

Super punch is now a fire kick deals 65 damage
https://imgur.com/rP3MMSs

Dash attack is now a fire kick also but a with 70 damage and different animation (cost 20mp)
https://imgur.com/7ALmrt8

As previous if you can please write what can i change more, some new ideas would be great because im already out of it :)

Download
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MRJUDk...c6lY35E7DM
Meele look boring, but super attacks were cool! A fireball and heat wave, they are interesting~
Think about close combat. Try to do so that the character was treated for fire, it would be strong, but interesting. Add a firing blow with a jerk, like a trick, not a hand-to-hand attack.
Welcome back.
Fixed your post formatting a bit since its annoying to have to click a spoiler and then click a link and there isn't a way to embed mp4 files.
Also you can use LiceCap for making gifs. If you want faster feedback for small tweaks you can try joining us in the Discord.

Gave Hao a quick go. Noticed his moveset(especially in the old version) is similar to Hero Fighter's Heater.
This boss character has a simple special move ego AI, though download does not provide the ddraw.dll.

You can fuse your firen_flame & hao_wave data into hao_ball or hao_ball2 itself, he doesn't need to use so many ids.

For a boss his physical stats feel very slow/weak, even though when I looked at data its actually above average, so might want to increase his speed.

The D>J fire beam shouldn't be using effect 2(or at least not for the continuous portion of the beam), precisely because this will happen:
[Image: Hao2.gif]
One combo kill btw. Use effect 21 instead.
Also check to make sure someone can't just spam the head of the D>J over and over again for a combo against the wall, because Firzen can do it too.
Personally I wouldn't keep the firebeam attack, it actually weakens his AI strength overall(his D>A is way more dangerous) while also being potentially very broken when paired with another attack hitting at the same time, plus there isn't a way to remove the shadows without affecting the way the beam works. But that's ultimately up to you.

D^J is surprisingly fair since you can actually block it & doesn't hit too hard. The main complaint I have with it is that the sprite doesn't clearly indicate which part of the explosion you need to stand in to block it. For an attack it actually seems pretty weak, could lower the mana cost to 200 or 225.

Btw, burning state, groundfire & punch will result in this:
[Image: Hao1.gif]
That's a 1-combo kill using D>A btw, he's already dead when I threw him.
Note that this groundfire combo isn't really your fault(Firen can do it intentionally too!), but you can make this combo harder to do intentionally by changing the explosion.
Instead of a single itr with effect 22, split the itr into two halves(one on the left, one on the right), and use effect 2 for each. The right itr should be the 1st entry, otherwise the game will prioritize the left itr and tend to send enemies flying backwards isntead of forward.

Dash attack >>JA animation could be better. I was hoping frame 91 & 92's sprites will flicker back & forth so that the fire will look more animated.
i can't download.
1. it changes the link to c3 something .com
2. my mcafee web advisor blocks this site. can you upload it to another site please, like mediafire ?
STM1993 thanks for editing my post i will do better job next time with your advice :)

Now about character. Im rly greatful to you because your post gave me so many ideas, also i like how you explain almost everything!

' Wrote:Gave Hao a quick go. Noticed his moveset(especially in the old version) is similar to Hero Fighter's Heater.

Yeah i know about that and i decide to change him to make him more unique but i think its not enough, thats why im asking for your help :)

' Wrote:You can fuse your firen_flame & hao_wave data into hao_ball or hao_ball2 itself, he doesn't need to use so many ids.

Yeah i thought the same way when i start to upload him so i will change that for sure.

' Wrote:For a boss his physical stats feel very slow/weak, even though when I looked at data its actually above average, so might want to increase his speed.

You mean that he is not so fast in hand to hand fight? I think his dmg is ok. Maybe you are talking about his mobility? I mean speed of walking, dashing, running etc?

' Wrote:The D>J fire beam shouldn't be using effect 2(or at least not for the continuous portion of the beam), precisely because this will happen:
One combo kill btw. Use effect 21 instead.

Oh sh*t! I tested him and i didnt get anything like this but now i see what he can do with this fire beam :O That is so op! Im thinking about this firebeam ofc shadows sucks and as you said it conflict with his fire blast attack for AI. Your read the AI file so you know what i did here. When he is closer he will use fire blast but when he is further he gonna use firebeam but its not that great as you can see. I dont know but i will need to make a new attack to replace this hmm.

' Wrote:D^J is surprisingly fair since you can actually block it & doesn't hit too hard. The main complaint I have with it is that the sprite doesn't clearly indicate which part of the explosion you need to stand in to block it. For an attack it actually seems pretty weak, could lower the mana cost to 200 or 225.

Well it doesnt matter which way you stay you need just to click defend. And if you are standing close you cant defend it i mean hero will get a few hits so it will break his bdefend and he will fall but if you are not in epicenter of this heat wave you can block it. I will reduce the mana cost.

' Wrote:Btw, burning state, groundfire & punch will result in this:
That's a 1-combo kill using D>A btw, he's already dead when I threw him.
Note that this groundfire combo isn't really your fault(Firen can do it intentionally too!), but you can make this combo harder to do intentionally by changing the explosion.
Instead of a single itr with effect 22, split the itr into two halves(one on the left, one on the right), and use effect 2 for each. The right itr should be the 1st entry, otherwise the game will prioritize the left itr and tend to send enemies flying backwards isntead of forward.

Well did i need to say i didnt know about combo like this? :D Ok i will change it in this way and make this combo harder to hit.

' Wrote:Dash attack >>JA animation could be better. I was hoping frame 91 & 92's sprites will flicker back & forth so that the fire will look more animated.

What do you mean by saying that "sprites will flicker back & forth"?

Have you any idea to make a new attack to replace firebeam?

(12-05-2017, 05:58 AM)Sam Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]i can't download.
1. it changes the link to c3 something .com
2. my mcafee web advisor blocks this site. can you upload it to another site please, like mediafire ?

Here you can download from the other site:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/rl2lcs
(12-05-2017, 10:45 PM)rez93 Wrote: [ -> ]1) You mean that he is not so fast in hand to hand fight? I think his dmg is ok. Maybe you are talking about his mobility? I mean speed of walking, dashing, running etc?

2) (D^J) Well it doesnt matter which way you stay you need just to click defend. And if you are standing close you cant defend it i mean hero will get a few hits so it will break his bdefend and he will fall but if you are not in epicenter of this heat wave you can block it. I will reduce the mana cost.

3) What do you mean by saying that (dash attack) "sprites will flicker back & forth"?
1) His speed in general, both mobility(most importantly walking) and his punching speed(which is the same as the average character instead of fast like Freeze, LouisEX, Julian or even Firzen).

2) That's what I meant, the epicenter is not clearly indicated. The circle is just one flat colour throughout its expansion, it doesn't change from gold to dull red as it expands for example.

3) Like burning sprites for example. Currently what you have is just pic 91 wait 2, then pic 92 wait 2, and then end of dash attack.
What I'm suggesting is something like pic 91 wait 0, pic 92 wait 0, pic 91 wait 0, pic 92 wait 0... and then end of dash attack.
I know this will use quite a number of frames but you do have frames to spare and it makes the move look a lot better.
Or even better, you can opoint some fake fire effects around the foot instead of relying purely on the sprites.

For new attacks I have no idea, though I would not suggest any homing attacks(3/4 of the LF2 bosses have them & they are very overpowered lol), at most placing mines on the floor. The whole point of such homing attacks is area control afterall, forcing players to move in a certain way.

Forgot to mention:
There is a very silly mana bug with >>A & >>JA which also affects Louis/LouisEX. If you do >>JA, with both JA buttons at the same time, the MP cost will atually be charged twice: once for >>A and second from >>JA itself. The fix would be changing >>A itself - either by making the 2nd frame use negative mp, or making the first frame have wait 1 with hit_a that leads it to a frame that does charge mp normally.

Personally I don't see a need to make Hao's >>A/>>JA as they currently are cost any MP.
(12-06-2017, 02:23 AM)STM1993 Wrote: [ -> ]1) His speed in general, both mobility(most importantly walking) and his punching speed(which is the same as the average character instead of fast like Freeze, LouisEX, Julian or even Firzen).

2) That's what I meant, the epicenter is not clearly indicated. The circle is just one flat colour throughout its expansion, it doesn't change from gold to dull red as it expands for example.

3) Like burning sprites for example. Currently what you have is just pic 91 wait 2, then pic 92 wait 2, and then end of dash attack.
What I'm suggesting is something like pic 91 wait 0, pic 92 wait 0, pic 91 wait 0, pic 92 wait 0... and then end of dash attack.
I know this will use quite a number of frames but you do have frames to spare and it makes the move look a lot better.
Or even better, you can opoint some fake fire effects around the foot instead of relying purely on the sprites.

For new attacks I have no idea, though I would not suggest any homing attacks(3/4 of the LF2 bosses have them & they are very overpowered lol), at most placing mines on the floor. The whole point of such homing attacks is area control afterall, forcing players to move in a certain way.

Forgot to mention:
There is a very silly mana bug with >>A & >>JA which also affects Louis/LouisEX. If you do >>JA, with both JA buttons at the same time, the MP cost will atually be charged twice: once for >>A and second from >>JA itself. The fix would be changing >>A itself - either by making the 2nd frame use negative mp, or making the first frame have wait 1 with hit_a that leads it to a frame that does charge mp normally.

Personally I don't see a need to make Hao's >>A/>>JA as they currently are cost any MP.

1) Yeah its true his speed is average and should be superb for a boss. Im gonna change that thank you!

2) Oh i understand now! So your idea is to make this circle like for example small yellow circle is the epicenter of this so it will hit no matter what you cant defend it will break your bdefend but the other circle for example red you can defend it. I like the idea its kinda good and will show more details about the attack.

3) To be honest i started with the same idea with more frames and less "wait" there was like 6 frames but with wait: 1 and it wasnt effective but maybe with wait: 0 will be better i will check it, and also i will try to make a fake fire effect with opoint, the idea looks good.

Homing attacks are op like firzen Overwhelming Disaster that is true. I will think about a new attack. since i have no idea yet i will keep the fire beam attack alive but will fix this.

I will just delete the mana cost of Hao's >>A/>>JA then.
Pages: 1 2