Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock it because it serves no purpose, maybe for activity...[Sign a petition]
Eating meat is one thing and the there's this which is, in my honest opinion, inhumane.
Boiling alive dogs and killing them like this is horrible.
There should be a proper way of doing things.. sigh.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by: Gespenst
If it doesn't kill me, it is food. To me, the reason why dogs are considered taboo to eat is really because it is seen as a betrayal or waste of its companionship - in other words we already placed a value on something that would otherwise be just simple food. I don't entertain the idea of eating dog meat either, but I won't bat an eye for a chicken for this very reason. I'd go as far as to say that the animal is going to suffer regardless and would soon be too dead to care anyway.

I think the bigger problem is a matter of efficiency and waste as Memento pointed out. We started eating meat for the necessary calories that also facilitated our brain growth. Now food has become a luxury, and if we're going to keep wasting food, we'd end up needing to kill more than necessary and possibly exhaust the food supply before it can be replaced in the long run.

EDIT:
I'd also like to point out that there are many abandoned dogs out there because of irresponsible dog owners not knowing what they are getting into, and often if these dogs aren't adopted within a time period, they'd be euthanized.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE , LutiChris , A-Man , Gespenst , Ariyan
Going to ask you something real.

Dogs are suffering each day = Petition.

Chickens are suffering each day = Ooh, can i have another one please?

Seriously lets start a campaign to save those chickens which you (we all) eat everyday.
Thanks given by:
Even if it sounds as attempt to convince you, I am not since you already stated your opinions and I respect them but I had to answer them.

(06-20-2015, 09:50 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  but because they have a different culture than our own and attempting to join in on something to change the way they live would just be wrong as I would never want anybody to do that to me. If China was to make a petition to stop us from eating Americanized Chinese food and it reached more signatures than this is trying to reach, would I stop eating it?
Culture and tradition should not be used as an excuse for brutality. Why not to change the world? Now it's almost the same situation like when there was no human rights.
"Hey, there are no human rights, let's make them our slaves"
"Hey, there are no animal rights in some countries, let's eat them because we need to have a festival"

hellblazer (Click to View)

Simon Wrote:No petition can change this crooked world. Maybe only an extinction of our species would.
Yes you can. JUST DO IT! "The more often you do it, the more light there will be"
If you will do nothing and wait for the time to do everything for you then why do you even exist?

Quote:Dogs are animals as much as cows or pigs.
Human is the bigger animal and lower class than any of your's mentioned.

Quote:Why are dogs so different from chicken? No, I am seriously wondering.
We do not eat our friends, we live together with our friends.

STM1993 Wrote:often if these dogs aren't adopted within a time period, they'd be euthanized.
It's better to be "put down" than suffer and be eaten. It's a  bad thing that somebody else is deciding what lives and what don't. Atleast if you want somebody to leave, don't cause them pain.

p.s. one day your dog or cat can get eaten by the people who like to celebrate dog and cat meat festivals.
The end.
Useful
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
(06-21-2015, 05:52 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  To me, the reason why dogs are considered taboo to eat is really because it is seen as a betrayal or waste of its companionship - in other words we already placed a value on something that would otherwise be just simple food.
Adopting that opinion since it explains a lot about why we feel so.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Whilst I find this topic worthy of discussion, sensationalism and appeal are not the way to go. Also, are we discussing "eating animals" or "torturing animals"? Because I don't really find a connection there. In any case, signing some weird-a** petition sounds just too suspicious. What is going to be done about it? Nothing. Leave these matters to those who have the power to change it (and support if you like), instead of falling for some scam or whatever. If the intention is discussion, however, I don't see a problem.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: Jernemies , LutiChris
For anyone who wants to read my following responses click the spoiler bellow, it's a doozy :P

Warning:Long Post (Click to View)
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
(06-20-2015, 09:50 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  Where do we cross the line?
I draw the line at yeast, in case anyone is wondering.
That applies to any use as 'product/object' in general - not just 'food'.
All I can do is trying not to cross it to the best of my knowledge.
(06-22-2015, 04:57 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  What about all the other animals that thrive off of other species.
Some species are true carnivores that cannot survive on their own otherwise - much unlike us. Just always start with yourself. That you can do.
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Rhino.Freak , AmadisLFE