Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Fighter 3. Hopes and expectations
(12-12-2015, 06:20 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Hero Quest started long time ago and is far from finished afaik;

Is that supposed to be an argument against "as there very much negative opinions on that one?". Because this has barely made a day. I can't exactly figure out what your replies are about.

(12-12-2015, 06:20 PM)MangaD Wrote:  LF2 is modifiable, so making characters is totally fine.
Is modifying the exe via reverse-engineering ('hexing') an okay things to do? If not, then on what basis are you judging what's fine and what's not?

(12-12-2015, 06:20 PM)MangaD Wrote:  it's stealing. It does not matter if you see the game as fan made or not. If U1 so desires, whoever was involved in the project will get sued.
I like how you're assuming that: the project has progressed more than Azriel's, we're stealing, and that whoever was involved will get a cease and desist sued.
I am afraid you're not being helpful at all. I am clearly being open for suggestions on what hasn't been worked on yet, and you already want this to stop :\.

(12-12-2015, 06:20 PM)MangaD Wrote:  But don't worry, soon after you start the project you'll realize that the progress is uber slow and that you were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above yourself. :woah:
Get a drink and watch us fail miserably then.

I think I just found what drives me most. Time to get to work.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
(12-12-2015, 06:43 PM)Faker Wrote:  Why not to ask for a permission to make a non profit fan game?

And if ain't getting a permission. We can always alter some names, and design elements but make it feel like LF3.

That would be a start. Now you make me wonder why Hero Fighter exists...

(12-12-2015, 06:43 PM)Faker Wrote:  
Quote:But don't worry, soon after you start the project you'll realize that the progress is uber slow and that you were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above yourself.
Have you ever done such project or it is because you stay with someone else(not member) opinion?

I have worked on a simple 3D game once using C++ and OpenGL Utility Toolkit (graphics). I have modified the HF Room Server written in Java, and want to rewrite it in C++ (network). I have made a simple databases project in which I had to design the whole database from scratch and interact with it via PHP (accounts). And I made Hero Fighter Empire. Also worked on other minor things that are irrelevant now.

My point is, from my experience, those small projects that I worked on already consumed way too much of my time. They may seem small, but for a single person who has a life (family, school, etc), they take a lot of time and work to get done.

If you don't want to base your judgment on a noob like me, then take a look at Marti. Very talented person, made LF2, worked at Microsoft, worked at free lance jobs, made other games, taught programming... here's his linkedin btw. And now made Hero Fighter. Hero Fighter took 7 years of development so far and it is still not finished. Hero Fighter is better than LF2 in many aspects, yet it does not captivate you guys and is no way near to be as successful as LF2 was.

Are you implying that you can do a better job than Mr. Marti? You know what I think? I think you guys are being disrespectful and ungrateful towards Mr. Marti's work. LF3? The arrogance...

If there is someone who wishes from the bottom of his heart for a LF3, that is none other than Marti himself.

(12-12-2015, 06:46 PM)A-Man Wrote:  
(12-12-2015, 06:20 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Hero Quest started long time ago and is far from finished afaik;

Is that supposed to be an argument against "as there very much negative opinions on that one?".

It is supposed to be an example on how difficult it is to make a game.

(12-12-2015, 06:46 PM)A-Man Wrote:  
(12-12-2015, 06:20 PM)MangaD Wrote:  LF2 is modifiable, so making characters is totally fine.
Is modifying the exe via reverse-engineering ('hexing') an okay things to do? If not, then on what basis are you judging what's fine and what's not?

No, it is not okay to reverse engineer (hex edit) LF2. If you read the "terms and conditions" upon installation you'd know this.

Terms and Conditions (Click to View)

Now if you are wondering why nobody got sued here, that's because Marti is a sweet. =P
(Same cannot be said about U1 Technology though, I heard they sued someone before)

(12-12-2015, 06:46 PM)A-Man Wrote:  I am afraid you're not being helpful at all.

It is for your own good. If you want to work on a game, go ahead. Just don't call it LF3.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: STM1993 , prince_freeza
Quote:If you don't want to base your judgment on a noob like me, then take a look at Marti. Very talented person, made LF2, worked at Microsoft, worked at free lance jobs, made other games, taught programming... here's his linkedin btw. And now made Hero Fighter. Hero Fighter took 7 years of development so far and it is still not finished. Hero Fighter is better than LF2 in many aspects, yet it does not captivate you guys and is no way near to be as successful as LF2 was.
AFAIK, LF2 was developed by Marti and Starsky in under that period, while they were studying. We still have the edge in the fact that I've given ~2 years in the engine's development. I realize the time it can take to make a game, and I enjoy all of it. Whether you get a complete game at the end or not, it's experience you gain. And no, I do not see myself as a practical person at all.

Quote:I heard they sued someone before
Do you happen to know who that is?

Quote:Are you implying that you can do a better job than Mr. Marti? You know what I think? I think you guys are being disrespectful and ungrateful towards Mr. Marti's work. LF3? The arrogance...
I am not implying anything. I don't know why I am disrespectful and ugrateful towards Mr. Marti's work. If you've taken sometime to read the other thread, you'd know that a name for the game hasn't been decided, so please don't jump to conclusions.

Quote:Just don't call it LF3.
Yes sir -_-

Thanks given by:
You do realize that when making Hero-Fighters, Marti covered all areas of development.
While one is working on engine, one can work on sprites. I made 3 sprites in a evening, I can make 6 in a day or even 9 if I get enough time. Some sprite parts can be copied or little bit edited. After having complete set for a character, it becomes easier because you can avoid doing custom sprite and can go with edited ones.

Quote:Are you implying that you can do a better job than Mr. Marti? You know what I think? I think you guys are being disrespectful and ungrateful towards Mr. Marti's work. LF3? The arrogance...
Saying that I can do better is disrespectful and ungrateful towards his work? Don't you think it's more of the challenging yourself to try harder? Is't this LF3 would be more like a tribute game? You are saying "Use LF2 and mod it, then call LF3 but don't make anything from the scratch because that's a bad thing to start from zero" But wait, maybe you are saying that all mods people try to make are disrespect.

We ain't stealing, we are trying to continue things. Don't you think that LF2 would get more attention than it is now?

Quote:Now if you are wondering why nobody got sued here, that's because Marti is a sweet.
That's not the case. We are his fanbase, why destroy your fanbase? If the game looses his players, it's not the game...

Quote:Just don't call it LF3.
BF3 = Big Fighters 3
Fighters Try?

You know that I feel disrespected when somebody says that "You won't make it" ,  "waste of time"
Useful
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak , A-Man , AmadisLFE
How about "Grand Fighters"?
Anyway, I am sending U1 an email, but just to double check, LFO didn't get an official English version right?

Thanks given by: Marko
(12-13-2015, 12:59 PM)A-Man Wrote:  How about "Grand Fighters"?
Anyway, I am sending U1 an email, but just to double check, LFO didn't get an official English version right?

Well, we can refer it like that, still, name can change :)
Useful
Thanks given by: