Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to write code?
Quick newbie question. Where to write code, in which program, and how to save it as ".as" extension?
As far as i understand... ddraw file reads scripts inside AI file and scripts have ID number of char as their name, but here i came up with problem where to write code....

I read tutorials, but i didn't understand them quite well, i must missed something, so would be someone so nice to explain me in few quick, newbie steps how to create AI from scretch?  You know like, open this then will show you this you write it there and save it as that.. :)

EDIT: Why is there no solved button? :O
Thanks given by: Gespenst
As far as I know, any text editor will do. So you could even use notepad. Just when saving, make sure to click Save As... and then select "All Files" at Filetype options, and then add the extension ".as" to the filename manually.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Marko
(05-18-2015, 07:14 PM)Marko Wrote:  Quick newbie question. Where to write code, in which program, and how to save it as ".as" extension?
Any program that can edit text files will do (Notepad, Notepad++, my Data Changer). In order to save files with a .as extension all you have to do is add .as after the filename when you are saving a file. My Data Changer has an option for this as well.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Marko