Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
VDC v1.5
(04-11-2015, 07:16 PM)MangaD Wrote:  If I start scrolling through the frames with the up/down arrow, the program will run out of memory and an unhandled exception is thrown.

I do not know how memory handling is done in C#, but there seems to be memory leaks here. Make sure the objects are deleted when no longer needed, though this might slow down performance since the frames that were loaded already must be loaded again. I guess it is memory vs performance. :p

I've tried to do the same, but problem did not occurred. You have to buy more RAM xD (just joking)

To solve this- do You think that 11 frames loaded in same time would be enough?

My idea would be like:
5 (for going up).... current ....5 (for going down)
(moving up or down is loading the new frame, and unloads the last one)

I will try to look into code (not earlier then in next weekend), maybe we could solve this problem.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2015, 05:43 PM)Kim_Bo Wrote:  I've tried to do the same, but problem did not occurred. You have to buy more RAM xD (just joking)

To solve this- do You think that 11 frames loaded in same time would be enough?

My idea would be like:
5 (for going up).... current ....5 (for going down)
(moving up or down is loading the new frame, and unloads the last one)

I will try to look into code (not earlier then in next weekend), maybe we could solve this problem.

Already solved it.
It's because Bat has half a sprite sheet (_1.bmp) and the unused dash defend uses a picture from that empty area.
Eventually did have to try catch the line that crops the currently viewed frame, in case it tries to crop out of range.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2d314a800e6df82cccfea3a78a1bef5d.png]

Well...
What i did in wrong way? ;D
There is no sprite appears...
Thanks given by:
I just downloaded it right now and tested it myself. In my DBZ LF2 Mod folder it doesn't work either.
I tried on my original LF2 folder and it works fine.

I did numerous tests and figured out the problem.

You need atleast 1 lf2 EXE in your folder, modded or original named lf2.exe

Should fix it.

EDIT:

(04-08-2015, 03:59 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Updated to v1.1

(04-02-2015, 11:33 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  couldnt you make the txt documents just use a different file ending?
You can do that. Assign the program to a custom filetype of your choice and open/save these like any other txt file. Vanilla LF2 won't be able to load them though.

(04-08-2015, 01:03 PM)DARK-EVIL Wrote:  How do u guys open Pics By this Dc engine.
I Have tried But couldn't open the images.
This program is not made for opening images.
It will instead retrieve the bitmaps noted in the <bmp_begin> of a data file if everything is in the same or sub folder of an lf2.exe to display them inside the frame viewer (Alt+V).

Apparently YinYin already mentioned that earlier
Thanks given by:
Update
(04-02-2015, 04:19 PM)YinYin Wrote:  v1.2
Fixed the bat.dat crash. Added move and resizing controls to bdy and itr areas. I did try my hand at proportional resizing, but I don't think I'm gonna keep trying. Also had a go at encrypting files to add an "enable .dat saving" option to a future settings dialog, but that once again ended up in a big clusterfug - if you are interested in having that any time soon head over to GitHub to download the source and implement it yourself :p. On that note: what kind of settings would you use if any? (custom monospaced font/size/background colors/highlighting?)
(04-13-2015, 06:44 PM)Archer-Dante Wrote:  What i did in wrong way? ;D
You tell me.
(04-09-2015, 10:29 AM)Deep Wrote:  Its re-directing me to the same page again and again after clicking Authorize Download.
Is this still a problem? Does that always happen on mediafire?

edit:
(04-13-2015, 08:45 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  You need atleast 1 lf2 EXE in your folder, modded or original named lf2.exe

Should fix it.
Well aware. Will do once a settings dialog is in allowing you to specify the lf2 directory. Else I have to go by something to track it down automatically.
Thanks given by:
Oh lol, I wasn't saying that you should fix it but it would fix the issue of no images appearing lol
Thanks given by:
Oh right. I should probably add a notification for when the lf2 directory is unspecified either way.
Thanks given by:
Quote:You tell me.

Ok, now i'm figured out what's wrong.
VDC sprite viewer doesn't work if in native game folder exe isn't named as "lf2.exe"
that's weird~
Thanks given by:
few bugs found on my side:
1. Don't know which function i should use- open or import?
Scenario:
I open *.dat file, make minor change, then save as same *.dat file. Import different file, and then import the first file- it seems like file is still encrypted.

2. Some exception occurred when trying to zoom in and out with bigger frames using mouse scroll. VDC stopped and Mouse -1 exception showed.

3. In Frame Viewer Ctrl+Z behaves weird. Sometime scales itr, sometimes goes to different frame.
Thanks given by:
(04-14-2015, 04:33 PM)Kim_Bo Wrote:  few bugs found on my side:
1. Don't know which function i should use- open or import?
Scenario:
I open *.dat file, make minor change, then save as same *.dat file. Import different file, and then import the first file- it seems like file is still encrypted.
The program currently only decrypts files via the import. Else it works entirely in unencrypted .txt format. What you did was save unencrypted text into a .dat file and then tried to decrypt that unencrytped file (you can do the same with a normal data changer: rename any .txt file to .dat and open that with it).

(04-14-2015, 04:33 PM)Kim_Bo Wrote:  2. Some exception occurred when trying to zoom in and out with bigger frames using mouse scroll. VDC stopped and Mouse -1 exception showed.
Full detail of the exception would be nice.

(04-14-2015, 04:33 PM)Kim_Bo Wrote:  3. In Frame Viewer Ctrl+Z behaves weird. Sometime scales itr, sometimes goes to different frame.
That's a problem with how I update the text box from the frame viewer. I currently look for lines that contain changed data, delete them and reinsert them with the respective strings replaced. In turn every updated line has two undo steps, which is rather awkward. If anyone can find out how to modify the undo stack of the fast text box or replace a line in one step that'd help.
Thanks given by: