Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developing a story for a game/comics/book/etc.
I created this topic to have a discussion about "How to develop a story", "What helps to develop a story", "How to be original"
And yes, this is not related to LF2 - Extended mod progress or any thing that comes from my pocket to you soon.
This might also help other members to develop their story :)
Useful
Thanks given by: Marko
Do a lot of brainstorming.

"Bravely" discard whole developed concepts; if it doesn't serve any purpose to the story you're trying to tell, it shouldn't be there. Always ask yourself why you personally like an idea, if it's really necessary, how far you can abstract (?) it, if you can give it any other "shape", etc.
Try to see your story from the eyes of an unexperienced reader, how can you keep him interested, how can you "manipulate" him, how far can you go without confusing him.
Make sure to develop your own system of organizing your ideas and thoughts, you'll eventually lose track of a lot of things. Always refreshing to go back to older ideas and how they fit in your current concept.
If you want to take inspiration from any other artwork, be very careful what you're referencing and how you're referencing it. Try to see the big idea behind it, rather than the immediate form of it.
Try not to make things up as you go along, finish your concept first, then start with giving it a "shape".

That's more or less what I've learned so far, I'm not guaranteeing for any validity.

Edit: Wrong subforum?
Thanks given by: Marko
TVTropes for the win!

I would also like to add that it depends on how you intend to present the story. If you are writing a story for a video game, then it is in fact best not to a detailed story set in stone beforehand because how easily/frequently things may change and how players may not go about it the way you want. If you are writing a story for a film, then you need to keep in mind that there you'd have to condense things in a time limit.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
In this work I may say that,I'm really good in making Stories.
New Member Just Joined "2017"
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2015, 08:21 AM)DARK-EVIL Wrote:  In this work I may say that,I'm really good in making Stories.

cool, tell me
Useful
Thanks given by: Lauli