Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steiner (STM1993 Version 3.00 beta)
Version 2.54: 22th April 2015, GMT +8 (00:05).
Minor AI update and new sprites for DvA by TheNave (he says it looks lame so...). Since the sprite change also involves a data change - STM's punches now have slightly longer reach. DvA now has more range towards the back (will launch backwards instead of forward in you are too far behind him), can destroy/reflect strong projectiles and lasts for the full duration of the effect sprite instead of only the 1st frame due to a careless mistake.

New DvA looks something like this:
[Image: xTiTnI6IBsz70Z4iw8.gif]
(gif by TheNave)
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza
Awesome character!
I like how you can warp up over and over till you're off screen lol.

And the AI always dodging attacks and then countering is annoyingly cool. Only problem with AI I have is the way it drinks.
Thanks given by: STM1993
Two old random VS match videos with 6 com players (including STM)

" LF2 Against The Evils", my first LF2 video series.
Check my channel :D :-

Litte Fighter Videos  <-- This is a link! Click This!
Thanks given by:

I had an online match with Pf today using STM1993. Here are all the fights minus a 2nd one from Deep since it was interrupted by a phone call. Note that we played in lag, about 1/8 speed?

Timestamps:
0:00 me as Dennis vs Pf as STM
1:29 vs Rudolf
2:49 vs Freeze
3:54 vs John (heavy weapon troll)
4:54 vs Davis
6:36 vs Louis
7:36 vs Woody (yeah, I played badly here)
8:14 vs Dennis
8:54 vs Firen (telescythe)
9:43 vs Firen (flawless victory)
10:04 vs Firen
10:54 vs Henry (teleport spam)
12:42 vs Deep

As you can see, STM's hadoukens aren't really all that great; even level 1 is very slow, predictable and easily blocked. At most you'd use them to finish up combos and occasionally get a lucky stun, but for stage mode charged hadoukens are key to clearing out entire groups. His dash attacks aren't that good either and damage is generally low. However, his ability to roll in any direction and teleports(even out of roll, but not from flipping) are very dangerous for positioning (teleporting towards air is hard to do). His >>A/J+A is good for sniping foes who are between teleport range and punching range. STM is notably deadly with the scythe weapon(and ice sword) for his fast and long weapon swing. DvA is a deadly counter/combo starter not unlike Deep's DvA + z-axis, probably overpowered especially since you can chain it when enemy is against a wall. Regular punches have good in-range. Super's 2nd hit can actually be avoided by flipping, but timing between the victim's flip, distance from hit and STM's press of A is crucial.

Notable Combos:
DvA D>A - This is good against blocking enemies, but if the enemy is sent falling, chances are the D>A will miss if the enemy flips; best you can do is delay the D>A but even then, no guarantees.
DvA J AA - This combo is quite safe and works even if the enemy is against the wall, but the timing is rather strict.
AAA AA D>A - Most basic combo. If enemy flips there is a chance he lands on the ball and gets sent into DOP for a grab.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by: Marko , prince_freeza , Ariyan , Deep
I tried this character an it looks well balanced. have some nice combos, he is weak then some fighters during normal punching in the other side he has some nice combos. Also DVA is very useful it help in every situation :D
Sprites looks good in general i dont carry about them :p

Good character in general :)
Thanks given by: STM1993
Giving it another update, because I notice the character still has some flaws that can be fixed. Download in 1st post.

Pardon the video quality.

List of Changes
STM is now called "Steiner". Renamed to fit in with other characters' names.
  • AI doesn't stay in mana recovery running phase as long, so AI should be slightly more aggressive.
  • Punch itr lasts 2 TU instead of 3, vrest 9 instead of 8. This makes punching multiple enemies smoother and also forces more precision on punching.
  • Super Punch tweaked.
    • Super punch combo is now considered 1 attack, but you can cancel out between 1st & 2nd hit with D>A, D>J or DvA.
    • 1st super punch now has fall 1 instead of 60 and takes 2 TU longer to hit, ensuring that it doesn't become useless by flipping like Davis' super. This creates some new combos when paired with the cancel mentioned above. 2nd super punch has slightly more dvx/y to compensate for 1st hit no longer having as much dvx/y from the fall change.
  • >>A and rolling now have less dvz movement.
  • Removed some itr effect 4s from >>A and normal weapon attack. The defense it provides is too powerful and also makes it awkward when hitting heavy weapons, especially normal weapon attack.
  • Start and end of normal weapon attack and end of run weapon attack no longer hits with the weapon. No more mindlessly spamming A to win or hitting behind the character at the end of the swing.
  • Steiner drinks even slower, but you can still speed it up by spamming A. This is a side-effect from making walking out of drinking more responsive. Not like slow drinking speed is a problem for a character who can walk & drink as well as instantly teleport from danger.
  • Fixed some wrong moves in Grab. Removed D^A uppercut from grab for balance.
  • Nerfed DvA. Less range, no longer have zwidth, mana cost 50->75, damage 55->45. Slight animation change, cannot be done from running and cannot be moved during state 7 frame. My only regret is that I can't remove the DvA wall infinite without making huge changes to the character.
  • Hadouken expanded but nerfed.
    • Hadouken mana cost nerfed. D>A now costs 75 instead of 80 mana at start, but charging takes 10 mana per interval instead of 7. Jump attack mana cost raised slightly from 30 to 35.
    • D>A now has a total of 7 levels - uncharged, charges 1-6. Charge 1 is now a fast energy shot instead of same as uncharged. Uncharged ball now moves at dvx 8 instead of 9. Charge 6 deals 10 more damage, explosion damage fades off over time
    • Nerfed fire D>A (charges 2-5). They now deal only 16 damage per hit until the end of its timer(10 TU per charge) where the last hit deals 50 (same as 1st 2 levels). 5th charge no longer stays in state 3006 indefinitely, but will change to state 3000 out in 40 TU. Dvx values increased to allow charge 5 to hit 5 times instead of 4.
    • Cancelling Super punch 1 and DvA with D>A now uses charge 5 (5-hits) and charge 3 (3 hits) respectively instead of charge 2 (2 hits).
  • Fixed some issues with teleport and added a new input.
    • DJA is now another input for teleporting on the spot (D^/vJ). Tweaked some inputs to prevent clashing with combos. Not allowed to cancel with DJA/D^J/DvJ for super punch 1 to prevent potential infinite DOP exploit.
    • Fixed teleport inertia. Now teleporting into the air will retain a bit of dvz movement instead of nonsensically always having forward momentum; D>JJ will still have forward momentum, but D^JJ/DvJJ should only move sideways. DJAJ should also only teleport straight up with no momentum whatsoever.
That's all for now.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by: Bamboori
Amazing job! But, unhapply I can't charge the hadouken attack... I press < button but it simply launch the first, simple ball.
Claw Crush!
Thanks given by:
(08-17-2015, 08:01 PM)Pandamon Wrote:  Amazing job! But, unhapply I can't charge the hadouken attack... I press < button but it simply launch the first, simple ball.

Did you use F6 by any chance? Because F6's "unlimited mana" also disables using < button to "cancel "an attack (into hit_d frame) that uses mp: -x. That means you won't be able to use < to cancel Firen's D>J or to charge the hadouken.
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Thanks given by:
:( 
(08-18-2015, 12:36 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  
(08-17-2015, 08:01 PM)Pandamon Wrote:  Amazing job! But, unhapply I can't charge the hadouken attack... I press < button but it simply launch the first, simple ball.

Did you use F6 by any chance? Because F6's "unlimited mana" also disables using < button to "cancel "an attack (into hit_d frame) that uses mp: -x. That means you won't be able to use < to cancel Firen's D>J or to charge the hadouken.

Thanks! It worked now.
Claw Crush!
Thanks given by:
Oh wow, you changed his name.
'Steiner' seems great! How did you came up with this name?
" LF2 Against The Evils", my first LF2 video series.
Check my channel :D :-

Litte Fighter Videos  <-- This is a link! Click This!
Thanks given by: