Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chase ball per enemy?!
is there a way a character can shoot chase balls based on how much enemies are around?! kind of like firzen's D^A

i also have another question, i tried opointing more chase balls in the D^A attack frames of my char and i noticed all balls chase the same enemy.. why is that?!

DC experts i would appreciate your take on this.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
Main site has ratio attack. Basically, the only way you can do this and get 1 ball per enemy is to modify the jan_chase.dat's frame 0 and give it an ITR kind 8 that reacts to a bdy in your character and thus transform into the ball you want.

The second one I have no idea.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza
(03-05-2015, 01:11 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  i also have another question, i tried opointing more chase balls in the D^A attack frames of my char and i noticed all balls chase the same enemy.. why is that?!
They all pick the closest target the instant they are created, which is most likely the same for each.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2015, 01:36 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Main site has ratio attack. Basically, the only way you can do this and get 1 ball per enemy is to modify the jan_chase.dat's frame 0 and give it an ITR kind 8 that reacts to a bdy in your character and thus transform into the ball you want.

great study example, and works great if adam's D^A was directly shooting the chase balls and not shoot a ball which will shoot balls wat as i understood from that example on the mainsite the ball shooting frames of the char must contain

Code:
bdy:  #change to ratio
      kind: 0  x: 0  y: 1079  w: 80  h: 100
   bdy_end:

but this does not matter here, since he first shoots a ball which will spawn those chase balls seconds after passing the frame that has that bdy.. current result is the floating orb spawns jan_chase.

i am considering dropping this attack and coming up with something else more "doable" :P for my level of dc knowledge.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
The reason it's spawning Jan's chase is because you have a ball opointing a ball.
Itr kind:8 only connects with bdys if the type of the object is 0 (character).

What you should try is to make your character spawn a character that will spawn the balls(instead of spawning a ball that spawns balls)
The fake chara you opoint will have an invisible picture with the bdy and will opoint the balls, just don't forget to put next:1000 in the last frame of the fake char :p
And Then Will There Be None?
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , Electric2Shock
(03-05-2015, 01:36 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Main site has ratio attack. Basically, the only way you can do this and get 1 ball per enemy is to modify the jan_chase.dat's frame 0 and give it an ITR kind 8 that reacts to a bdy in your character and thus transform into the ball you want.

I'd like to get something straight.
If any two characters would have the same modification to jan_chase.dat and I would have to get about using BOTH of those attacks, do I have both the itr/k8s on the same frame, but the x and y values adjusted?
Thanks given by:
(03-18-2015, 01:56 PM)Electric Shock Wrote:  

I'd like to get something straight.
If any two characters would have the same modification to jan_chase.dat and I would have to get about using BOTH of those attacks, do I have both the itr/k8s on the same frame, but the x and y values adjusted?
Yes, you can have separate ratio attacks from the same jan_chase.dat just by having different itrs with different the x/y values in the same frame.

However, there is a maximum limit, I think 5, because LF2 will crash if there are more than 5 ITRs in the same frame.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock