Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disapiring ball
:[ 
Im trying to make a ball like dennis's chasing ball that will disapire after 15 seconds.
How can make it if i want it to deal 20 falling every time it hit someone and it will disapire only after the 15 seconeds from the start?
*I dont want it to make the enemy fall.

Sorry about my grammer
Thanks given by:
I'm a bit rusty, but you can try making it that frame 10 (the frame when the ball hits somebody) leads back to your normal chase frames (presumably frame 0). Depending on whether you want the ball to continue chasing people if the ball itself is hit by something else, you will need to change frames 20 and 30 as well.

And then use hit_a: 1 (or a similar value) in the normal chase frames and hit_d: xx (xx being a frame where your ball will disappear).
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2015, 10:55 AM)Ramond Wrote:  I'm a bit rusty, but you can try making it that frame 10 (the frame when the ball hits somebody) leads back to your normal chase frames (presumably frame 0). Depending on whether you want the ball to continue chasing people if the ball itself is hit by something else, you will need to change frames 20 and 30 as well.

And then use hit_a: 1 (or a similar value) in the normal chase frames and hit_d: xx (xx being a frame where your ball will disappear).

If Ill put the the in the hitting frame next:o it will restart the count of the 15 seconds.
Thanks given by:
Did you try next: 999? Because next: 0 will simply make it so that you never leave that frame.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2015, 10:33 AM)TheAlr Wrote:  Im trying to make a ball like dennis's chasing ball that will disapire after 15 seconds.
How can make it if i want it to deal 20 falling every time it hit someone and it will disapire only after the 15 seconeds from the start?

Sorry about my grammer

why don't you try putting 9998 on next eg, next: 9998 that's how I do to disrepair a ball and in order to make enemy unfall put this and fall: -1 and done
CLICK the pic to DOWNLOAD
[Image: Zepo.png]
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2015, 10:33 AM)TheAlr Wrote:  Im trying to make a ball like dennis's chasing ball that will disapire after 15 seconds.
Okay, so you want a homing ball that will not disappear even if it hits someone, don't want to make enemy fall, and last for 15s.

The ball should use "state: 3006" instead of the usual "state: 3000". This is like Henry's super arrow - it can only be destroyed by another 3006 attack or 3005 (shockwave) attack. If you don't want it to be destroyed even by those attacks, you can use "state: 15" like Julian's D^J column(under julian_ball2.dat), but be warned that means 3005/6 attacks are not destroyed.

For homing, it depends on the "hit_Fa:". You can refer to this page and look at the original LF2 data to see which type of homing suits you best.

You need to use "hit_a:" as the ball's timer. If I'm not mistaken, all balls have 500 "hp" which can only be reduced by using hit_a - the number used determines how much HP is lost per 1 TU interval. LF2's frame rate is 30, so 30 TU = 1 second. In order to achieve 15s timer, you need the hit_a number to be 500/15/30 which is about 1. When the ball has reached 0hp, it will go to the frame number listed in "hit_d:". If you need the timer to be more precise, what you can do is that at the end of the first hit_a timer, the ball opoints a new version of itself and then disappears, the new version would have a different hit_a.

I don't suggest using "wait" as the timer because the ball would actually last longer the more it hits a person and because it might not look good with sprites - see John's energy shield, Julian's big hadouken and Firen's fire for a good example of hit_a.

If you don't want to make the enemy fall, you need to experiment with various "fall:" values. Usually fall: 1 should be okay, you can use a negative number but it would only slow down the enemy and could potentially make them harder to knock down later on.

You should also make sure your itr uses "vrest" of a low number - this means the amount of time before the ball can hit the same person again. I recommend vrest: 7, but feel free to play around with the numbers.

This is a good page for most of the info you need. Look around the main site.

EDIT:
@Shino - 3001-3004 also works like state 15. I'm not sure if there is any importance to which state you use in terms of what happens if your enemy punches the ball.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock , A-Man
(03-01-2015, 04:29 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  
Okay, so you want a homing ball that will not disappear even if it hits someone, don't want to make enemy fall, and last for 15s.

The ball should use "state: 3006" instead of the usual "state: 3000". This is like Henry's super arrow - it can only be destroyed by another 3006 attack or 3005 (shockwave) attack. If you don't want it to be destroyed even by those attacks, you can use "state: 15" like Julian's D^J column(under julian_ball2.dat), but be warned that means 3005/6 attacks are not destroyed.

For homing, it depends on the "hit_Fa:". You can refer to this page and look at the original LF2 data to see which type of homing suits you best.

You need to use "hit_a:" as the ball's timer. If I'm not mistaken, all balls have 500 "hp" which can only be reduced by using hit_a - the number used determines how much HP is lost per 1 TU interval. LF2's frame rate is 30, so 30 TU = 1 second. In order to achieve 15s timer, you need the hit_a number to be 500/15/30 which is about 1. When the ball has reached 0hp, it will go to the frame number listed in "hit_d:". If you need the timer to be more precise, what you can do is that at the end of the first hit_a timer, the ball opoints a new version of itself and then disappears, the new version would have a different hit_a.

I don't suggest using "wait" as the timer because the ball would actually last longer the more it hits a person and because it might not look good with sprites - see John's energy shield for a good example of hit_a.

If you don't want to make the enemy fall, you need to experiment with various "fall:" values. Usually fall: 1 should be okay, you can use a negative number but it would only slow down the enemy and could potentially make them harder to knock down later on.

You should also make sure your itr uses "vrest" of a low number - this means the amount of time before the ball can hit the same person again. I recommend vrest: 7, but feel free to play around with the numbers.

This is a good page for most of the info you need. Look around the main site.

but I use 3001 in order to make unbreakable
CLICK the pic to DOWNLOAD
[Image: Zepo.png]
Thanks given by: