Poll: Scope of the LF2 Stream
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep it the way it is (LF2 gameplay only)
13.33%
2 13.33%
Extend it to anything LF2-related (spriting, bg-making)
66.67%
10 66.67%
Also stream not-so-related stuff (painting, other fighting-games, ...)
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of the LF2 Stream
title Wrote:Future of the LF2 Stream
Dramatic title is dramatic.

poll Wrote:Also stream not-so-related stuff (painting, other fighting-games, ...)
Although would love to see you stream aoe2, not in lf2stream. It just wouldnt feel right.
But even though not lf2-related, seeing the painterly stuff of lf2 community even not
related to lf2 wouldnt be that bad.

Let our members stream! I want moar stream action!

It would be fun seeing maybe gad speed-spriting or yinyin power-dcing :3
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 09:25 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  
(02-01-2015, 09:21 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
(02-01-2015, 07:33 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  According to my understanding of the mechanics, everything that you'd stream to Twitch would be, as an authorized broadcaster, relayed to the LF2 Stream as well. This is why I'd
  1. only grant access to people who I deem reliable enough and
  2. wish that authorized broadcasters really just stream things that are in the field of what has been agreed upon.
A Twitch-account is mandatory, cross-streaming is, to my knowledge, not possible.
There is no opting in/out for authorized channels in case they stream other things?
I haven't found any setting that shoots into this direction so far. Here's hoping there does exist such a feature at all; I'll keep looking.
Ok, I dug a bit around. The people that become authorized broadcasters receive a special streaming-key that will allow them to stream to LF2Stream. It will not stream to the private channel

Any streaming-software that can connect to Twitch should have a field where you enter the stream-key (for example, in OBS it's located in Settings > Settings > Broadcasting Settings > Play Path/Stream Key (so many settings!)). Therefore, if one plans on streaming things that do not overlap with the general consensus, one should change the stream key accordingly ;)

(02-02-2015, 07:49 AM)mfc Wrote:  
title Wrote:Future of the LF2 Stream
Dramatic title is dramatic.
NEEDS MOAR DRAMA!

(02-02-2015, 07:49 AM)mfc Wrote:  Let our members stream! I want moar stream action!
EVERYBODY WANTS MOAR STREAM! MOAR DRAMA! MOAR STREAM!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
I can do not live lf2 videos
Useful
Thanks given by:
Okay, I think the poll results won't change that much anymore. As it turns out, the majority prefers the Stream to also show LF2-related activities. Only a small portion would like to see game-unrelated bits and an even smaller fractions wants to keep everything as-is.

I'd say that we (as in: everybody that has the stream key) should also kind of reflect this result on the streaming-activity. Keeping up with streaming gameplay with other LF2-related activities scattered inbetween and leaving unrelated stuff out unless it has a marginally relevant direction (ie. painting of an LF2-character).

Infos for those that would like to stream
  • The streaming platform is Twitch, so you'll need an account there
  • In order to stream to the LF2 Stream, you'll need the respective stream-key. For that, I'll need your email-address so I can add you to the authorized broadcasters. Of course, I won't give out keys to everybody; only if your reputation is high enough (in other words: you can be trusted), you'll get a key.
  • A few guidelines about what should be shown regardless of what is being streamed:
    • There is no way to tell who is streaming, so please add something along the lines of "XYZ streaming"
    • A small text describing what is happening on the stream is also good to let viewers know what's up
  • If you plan on streaming something different, please make sure to set the streaming key back to your private channel.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Azriel , Ariel , Bamboori