Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Applications
Yeah :P
[Image: ZHkICNr.png][Image: adGT3Xm.png]
Thanks given by:
We got 2 more application (3 actually, if you count the one by thelf2fan, which was incomplete and not very promising :p)

I'd like to discuss nhatnamyugi and Apocalipsis.

Lets start with nhatnamyugi:
He applied for stage data changing. We have to keep in mind that Rhino Freak also joined our team for stage data changing so I think we can only let him join if Rhino agrees.

I made a video of Nino in stage 4, so you don't have to download the mod but can simply watch this to see if you think it is good enough:

I haven't done any stage mode data changing as of yet, so I wasn't sure how hard this was to make. I asked YinYin and got this reply:
Quote:That didn't look difficult in any shape or form.
I've noticed no zero placers - the one text bubble didn't stick to the right of the screen and the frozen characters weren't interacting with you (blocking your path or getting hit).

With YinYin's reply, its a 'no' from me.

Second, Apocalipsis. He is one of, if not the most, famous spriters in the LF2 community. However, he can't do much because he's busy with his studies. What he'd like to do is comment on the sprites we have, and perhaps we can convince him to help with making character skins or moves, but that is unclear as for now. So the main question is: would it be enough if he's on the team for commenting mainly, or would he have to do more for you to be on the team?

Apocalipsis: +1 from me. Even if he would only comment on the sprites, it would already be a help. And I hope he'll get more interested in the project and decides to make sprites for the mod anyway (he might be interested in making skins/moves for the originals and character sprite concepts)
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
Getting help from Apocalipsis would be fine I think, he's experienced like you said, and having him in would mean no harm so why not?
He can let us decide stuff too so that's always a plus.

About the stage-mode guy.. well, I want to say first that stage mode isn't a very tough thing to code, its basically planning of what should come and in what quantity..
Though I must say, he does know how to do some things which I have to look into while doing.. but afaik its nothing too complicated.
The character speeches and the part where the frozen characters appeared was good.. he has the skill.

I personally have no objections in him being in, though I would like to say that if any one of you feels the team is being way too cluttered, then its alright in not letting him in too as I can handle the stage mode when the time comes.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2015, 01:14 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  I personally have no objections in him being in, though I would like to say that if any one of you feels the team is being way too cluttered, then its alright in not letting him in too as I can handle the stage mode when the time comes.

I just had a talk about this with YinYin. Having more people on the team could mean more progress, but it becomes difficult to oversee what everybody is doing. Also, if we have to make decisions as a team (meaning >50% agrees), it would take a 'yes' vote from at least half of the members, which means 5 people :p usually, not even that many people reply unless I spam you guys with PMs and stuff.

We might say: everybody can share their opinion on new ideas, but if you don't reply, decisions will be made by 2 people: the topic leader (f.e. Mono in Wizard) and me (not because I think I'm more important than you guys, but I think I have the most experience in actual LF2 fighting, thus understand the game mechanics best). This way we can make decisions a lot faster and we still have a democracy ;)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
+1 for apoc , I have a lot of respect to this guy.
just having him on the credit would get even more people interested in downloading our mod.
And getting an actual help is even better.

About the stage guy

Quote: I can handle the stage mode when the time comes
I think we can settle this down with what rhino just said.
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
I cant believe apoc is interested :O
He always was like a mighty god-spriter to me, being able to have him on the same team now gets me exited :D

I leave the descision of nhatnamyugi to you guys, as DCing is none of my business^^

btw Nino look awesome and fun when u play him, I truly suck at playing LF2 xD
Thanks given by: Ariel
+for Apoc

For nhatnamyugi, let Rhino decides
Thanks given by:
I informed both:
Apoc will be a member as of now;
nhatnamyugi won't be a member

Edit:
I also had a chat with Gad. He lost interest in LF2 and won't thus help with the mod
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Housemate

http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...#pid197484

a Yes from me
Thanks given by: Memento