Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LF2 extended
Hi all,

Since I'm done with Goku & SSJ Goku, I'd love to start something new. What I was thinking about is an LF2 mod, but just a very basic one. Not many (if any) mods have been made and released since we got access to way more id-numbers in data.txt AND the possibility to make custom AI's, which allows us to do great things. 

Alright, here's the basic idea:

• to make a mod with all of the original characters still in it. The original characters' attacks and basic moves should be left intact, giving max 1 extra attack for every existing character + eventually some combo possibilities with this new move is okay;

• add the best of the custom LF2 characters to the game and revamp them, so everything is fairly HQ. Also make them a custom AI. This is a great oppertunity for anyone who'd like to revamp his own or someone else's project (of course, if you decide to revamp somebody else's modification, you'll have to try to contact the creator and ask permission);

• if you'd rather make a new character and add it to the mod, that's fine too of course! Besides, you're free to release him/her as an individual character as well;

• add a custom & original stage mode;

• create some original moves that require bdy's/itr's in the frames of every character. What this means is: you can create moves that you can't do if you're releasing an individual character

True, it appears to be pretty basic. So, what's so good about this mod?

Well, simple. I love the original game, and I myself really don't like to see the original characters heavily modified and presented as the new version of that character. What I do like, is cool game add-ons. You can still be your original LF2 character but with a minor twist, you can fight against new enemies in a new stage mode. Everything belongs together, characters can be balanced out in strenght. In my opinion, mods don't need to be very fancy to be enjoyable, the simplism of LF2 is what makes it so attractive to me.

What do we need for this mod? 

--> A minimum of 4-5 people, fulfulling one or more of the following tasks:
- At least 2 active people who want to manage this mod and take final decisions when necessary;
- A team of 4 or more (fairly skilled) people who want to edit the original characters a bit (spriting, data changing or both)
- A minimum of 2 AI scripters;
- Someone (or more people) who want to make a cool and original stage mode with a story about some of the heroes and the villain(s); 
- At least 10 custom characters;
- Everyone's opinion :) 

Please let me know:
- if you like the idea
- if there's anything you'd do diffirent, everything is still negotiable
- if you want to join

If you want to join, please fill this out:

Quote:Name: 
What character or other modification have you made before: 
Link to one or more characters or other modifications that you have made: 
What would you like to do for this mod: 

TEAM:
Code:
1)
Name: Memento
-
-
What character or other modification have you made before: I've been on the SWU-LF2 team but didn't do much for it and I've been working on the forum mod, but it was never completed or released. Finished projects: Entis (old & crappy, 2004), Nino and Goku
-
Link to one or more mods that you have made: there's a link to Nino and Goku in my signature
-
What would you like to do for this mod: organise, revamp existing characters (data and sprites), maybe add some moves to original characters, make data.

2)
Name: Ariel (DH)
-
-
What mods have you made before: none >.< but was working on the Lol mod
-
Link to one or more mods that you have made: i did make a char  :^ if u want a link Loden
-
What would you like to do for this mod: i do like to join for the spriting (make new attacks for the original chars)
and also for the story mode though not the data part - the background paintings and the enemies(bandits) dunno how to call them design if u wanna make new bad guys ^_^

3)
Name: Janis/Arcane

-
-
What character or other modification have you made before: nothing released (DCed), I made a char called Jeff (realy old and therefor low quality sprites), have made couple of stuff for the LoL-mod as well as one character sheet for NSLf2 (Leaf-Nin in my sig)
-
Link to one or more mods that you have made: Jeff , LoF
-
What would you like to do for this mod: helping with (basic) sprites wherever I can, helping with developing stage/story-mod -> sub chars, villians etc.

4)
Name: Mono

-
-
What character or other modification have you made before:  Rento (mostly not finished, yet.) I have made another character called Craig which is more like based on bat and had its own moves, I was not a lfe member then. Super robot wars mod which was when I was not on this forum. 3 characters that had finishing moves. Also, since those are stuff I made before I came here and I dont have any proof, its up to you.
Link to one or more mods that you have made: Do not have it since I actualy have not made any yet or atleast have it because some are lost files.
-
What would you like to do for this mod: To be a good guy who makes sprites, gives ideas for storyline, character designs, maybe basic DC. Draw face-pics

5)
Name: Rhino.Freak
-
-
What character or other modification have you made before:  Minor edits on NTSD (that's what I started with).. and then I began making new characters.. 1st one being Gai Sensei from Naruto (unreleased) and then made some for mods given below.
-
Link to one or more mods that you have made: Uhm.. well I have worked on All-star BoF mod. and did 1 (or 2) characters forOnePiece A-Edition 1.8 version.
-
What would you like to do for this mod: I'll basically like to help with story mode.. (DCing and Ideawise as well)
Also if time permits, I'll even Code a few chars so here goes.

6)
[u]Name:[/u] Jonathan / JoHo15

[u]Age:[/u] 19

[u]What character or other modification have you made before:[/u]
Started first with a original mod that I never finished...
and i have worked on the NSLF2 mod..

[u]Link to one or more characters or other modifications that you have made:[/u]
Some characters i tried to made: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=9318
NSLF2 mod: http://imgur.com/a/l99br

[u]What would you like to do for this mod:[/u]
I would like to do some sprites for new characters, moves for original characters or maybe char design..
but i am open to nearly everything sprite related :p
Last update: 
We got the first two characters in progress.

[Image: I52RS2j.png]Nino: a remake of my old character Nino
[Image: lHbDDWd.png] Wizard: this wizard is bound to the story as a protector of an icy mountain. He'll be the first villain. 
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Silverthorn , LutiChris , Gespenst , Marko , LeoGautama , A-Man
(09-30-2014, 10:00 AM)Memento Wrote:  - A small, free forum if this project gets a GO!;

That can be arranged ;)
I'm talking about a subsection of the Projects-forum.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Memento
Name: Ariel (DH)
-
-
-
Link to one or more mods that you have made: i did make a char  :^ if u want a link Loden
-
What would you like to do for this mod: i do like to join for the spriting (make new attacks for the original chars)
and also for the story mode though not the data part - the background paintings and the enemies(bandits) dunno how to call them design if u wanna make new bad guys ^_^
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Memento
(09-30-2014, 11:14 AM)Ariel Wrote:  Name: Ariel (DH)
-
-
-
Link to one or more mods that you have made: i did make a char  :^ if u want a link Loden
-

You're in, I guess nobody can complain about you being a part of this. A good spriter is something we could definately use! Welcome to the team :) 

@BP: that would be great, thank you!
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: Ariel
whos in the team right now?
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
(09-30-2014, 11:50 AM)Ariel Wrote:  whos in the team right now?

I started this less than 2 hours ago, so it's only us yet ;-) We'll have to wait for other people to join
Original character edits
Goku2021

idea sounds nice and im interested, tho first I wanna see which DCers are willing to join.
Dont want to be sitting on my spritework not getting DCed again. 
Name: Luti
  • I'm afraid I'm in the same boat with Ariel.
    Most of my projects are too ambitious and are left incomplete.
Link to one or more mods that you have made: What would you like to do for this mod:
  • I can provide some concept designs and some sprite animations of said characters. I'd also very much be interested in helping you guys work on dialogue (if there is a script) or just Story stuff in general.

Edit) Here's a list of members I'll name off the bat so I can start spriting them as soon as possible. Biraculously Bearded Bamboori, Phil the Purple Cat, theNave the other Cat, Sir Frog the Knight, Simon, Alectric the Duck, YinYin, and Handsomely Good-lookin' Lauli. Sorry for missing out on anybody else but right now I already know what I want them to look like in my head.

Edit2) If you take a look at Apoc's Page you'll find he sprited MH-Razen, Marshall, Prince_Freeza, Alblaka, Silva, and Seigvar. Also take a look at YinYin's Page

Edit3) Marti Wong would also be a nice addition
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
uhm did I miss sth?

I think this isnt supposed to be the "legendary" rep-char/ LFE-mod Luti... I might be wrong tho^^
Thanks given by:
(09-30-2014, 12:27 PM)Arcane Wrote:  idea sounds nice and im interested, tho first I wanna see which DCers are willing to join.
Dont want to be sitting on my spritework not getting DCed again. 

I haven't filled in a form myself yet, I will do so in a sec... but I'm a decent data changer (however not as good as Alblaka/YinYin f.e.). I know all the basics and quite some advanced stuff, I just don't know everything like they seem to do ;) 

If you got sprites for a character that I'm interested in, I can make you a promise and do the data. You can, of course, wait to see if a better data changer shows up. I won't blame you.

Have you made sprites for a character that hasn't been finished data-wise, but has been finished sprite-wise?

(09-30-2014, 12:42 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  Name: Luti
  • I'm afraid I'm in the same boat with Ariel.Most of my projects are too ambitious and are left incomplete.
Link to one or more mods that you have made:
  • Mario Mod and LF2 Pixel Mod. This one isn't LF2 related but if you're interested it was going to be a some sort of RPG Game
What would you like to do for this mod:
  • I can provide some concept designs and some sprite animations of said characters. I'd also very much be interested in helping you guys work on dialogue (if there is a script) or just Story stuff in general.

Edit) Here's a list of members I'll name off the bat so I can start spriting them as soon as possible. Biraculously Bearded Bamboori, Phil the Purple Cat, theNave the other Cat, Sir Frog the Knight, Simon, Alectric the Duck, YinYin, and Handsomely Good-lookin' Lauli. Sorry for missing out on anybody else but right now I already know what I want them to look like in my head.

Edit2) If you take a look at Apoc's Page you'll find he sprited MH-Razen, Marshall, Prince_Freeza, Alblaka, Silva, and Seigvar. Also take a look at YinYin's Page

Edit3) Marti Wong would also be a nice addition

(09-30-2014, 02:08 PM)Arcane Wrote:  uhm did I miss sth?

I think this isnt supposed to be the "legendary" rep-char/ LFE-mod Luti... I might be wrong tho^^

I don't know about that mod, unless you're referring to the forum mod of course, but indeed... this isn't the same thing. Would be cool to have you on the team, though :) Let me know.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: