Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Mod: DBZ LF2 (beta v0.2.8)
Wondering could you fulfil goku ss moveset with some attc.. doesnt have to be ultra awesome original move. Something like jack leg kick (d^a). Now basically he have only kamehameha and ball wave.. kinda boring and its ruining gameplay. I mean you dont have to literally stick to anime attacks. Make character fun to play and multifunction (if thats good word to describe it haha). Close range, long range...
Also did you consider making goku counter bit different. Like he teleports in the sky and kicks enemy. Something more gokuish.

Have an Idea bout kaioken attc to make it as temporary trans thing..not practical but could work. O.o what do ya think?
Thanks given by: Memento , A-Man
(08-13-2014, 08:40 PM)Marko Wrote:  Wondering could you fulfil goku ss moveset with some attc.. doesnt have to be ultra awesome original move. Something like jack leg kick (d^a). Now basically he have only kamehameha and ball wave.. kinda boring and its ruining gameplay. I mean you dont have to literally stick to anime attacks. Make character fun to play and multifunction (if thats good word to describe it haha). Close range, long range...
Also did you consider making goku counter bit different. Like he teleports in the sky and kicks enemy. Something more gokuish.

I'm totally with you on this one.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Marko
(08-13-2014, 08:40 PM)Marko Wrote:  Wondering could you fulfil goku ss moveset with some attc.. doesnt have to be ultra awesome original move. Something like jack leg kick (d^a). Now basically he have only kamehameha and ball wave.. kinda boring and its ruining gameplay. I mean you dont have to literally stick to anime attacks. Make character fun to play and multifunction (if thats good word to describe it haha). Close range, long range...

Have an Idea bout kaioken attc to make it as temporary trans thing..not practical but could work. O.o what do ya think?

hmm, Yeah I guess I can add a little melee attack, maybe even add his homing energy beam he used against Pikkon so he shoots a ball that chases the enemy and never stops chasing till it blows up.

As for Goku's counter attack, it works like Vegito's. It can be used anywhere because of instant transmission and it's not aerial though, it's a side kick, the one Super Vegeta use's for his DJ counter.

Also Kaio-ken will be for Saiyan and Namek versions. hmm, yeah I was thinking about a short transformation, but I think it will be better if it was used for combo attacks instead, combo attacks that use a little bit of HP!
Thanks given by: A-Man
(08-13-2014, 08:40 PM)Marko Wrote:  Wondering could you fulfil goku ss moveset with some attc.. doesnt have to be ultra awesome original move. Something like jack leg kick (d^a).

I am very pleased with the results and the moves are extremely enjoyable to use imo.
Thanks given by: Memento
(08-23-2014, 04:18 AM)bashscrazy Wrote:  
(08-13-2014, 08:40 PM)Marko Wrote:  Wondering could you fulfil goku ss moveset with some attc.. doesnt have to be ultra awesome original move. Something like jack leg kick (d^a).

I am very pleased with the results and the moves are extremely enjoyable to use imo.

Great work! Will the other characters have some melee moves as well?
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
(08-23-2014, 09:16 AM)Neocrypt Wrote:  Great work! Will the other characters have some melee moves as well?

Other than combo moves probably not.
But there is SS2 Goku's Meteor Blast, It's a combo move that can be used anywhere anytime through instant transmission. Teleports you above an enemy where you shoot straight down with a knee and start the combo chain: DvA D>J D^J
Thanks given by:
Changelog Informations (Click to View)
Crappy Trailer (Click to View)
Download Link
Thanks given by: Memento , Marko
A new version, cool!

Some things I noticed:
- Some sounds go on for too long or are too great in volume. Goku's charging yell for example
- Sometimes, there's no bdy where there could (should) be one
- Kamehameha hitting looks weird because of the head that stays. Perhaps you could do this thing that was suggested in a recent data changing topic of mine (the one about the attack slowing down on the x-axis)
- Some inputs just aren't logical to me. It's hard to figure out without the readme :P

F.e.: Instant Transmission Super Kamehameha, D > JA, D > A. Wouldn't D>JA + DvJ be better?;

+:
- Counters attacks, most sound effects and combos are cool!
- Great work on the defence system
- Good looking exe file
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: bashscrazy
-I found some shorter sfx recently and voices, I'll try to swap them out (like I already did with Big Bang Attack :) which also resulted in faster execution of the attack)
-could you tell me about the missing bdys other than transformations. Those are done on purpose. Some of the bdys might be missing though or not correctly done. If you can recall which ones that would be greatly appreciated!
-For the Kamehameha, I'll look into that method,

I did D>J D>A for instant transmission Kamehameha because I wanted a choice for which direction you want to teleport. In front of enemy or behind. With DvJ I would also need D^J and then it might be hard to remember where on the enemy which one will take you. If you know what I mean. I originally had it as D>J D>J but then the AI would use instant transmission Kamehameha nearly all the time.
Thanks given by:
Nice!
Goku is awesome.

I found a bug with SS3 Son Goku he can do kamehameha with DJA,J too
and Vegitos normal form combo (Super Punch, J, A, A, A,) last hit doesn't teleport to the enemy like usual.
Thanks given by: bashscrazy