Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 Stream... your opinions!
i know live fights are entertaining, but to cure the ingame lag issue you could comment lfr's.
that way you could also set a certain time to stream (if you can manage that irl, no idea how busy you currently are)
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2014, 10:38 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  i know live fights are entertaining, but to cure the ingame lag issue you could comment lfr's.
that way you could also set a certain time to stream (if you can manage that irl, no idea how busy you currently are)

I'd never comment a game @ 30fps. Just too many things happening so fast. I'd either have to talk at least twice as fast or stop mid-sentence to talk about something different :p
That's why the framerate during streaming will probably never exceed 15 fps.

Also, I personally find it much cooler to stream live-fights. The results are unknown and there is nothing to tell you how long the fight is going to be.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: LeoGautama
Streaming .lfr recordings? Believe me nobody will watch that :p it's like watching a football match on tape after it's been already played. There's simply no excitement to that. It needs to be a-LIVE!
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Conqueror
I'd watch them!! :D

Well, if I can watch the stream live, I'd prefer a real stream since I can also join the #lfe chat with the players there.. but most of the times I miss the livestream :// and then I'd much prefer lfr commentaries :P if the real fight was very laggy.
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2014, 09:47 AM)Kevin Wrote:  if the real fight was very laggy.

The more laggy a fight is, the easier it is to comment, really. Gives the commenter / me much more freedom in what to talk about in contrast to an overly streamlined "YO THIS HAPPENS NOW AND THERE IS ALREADY THIS GOING ON AND -- NEVERMIND, SOMETHING NEW ALREADY HAPPENED AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS AAAAA GAME OVER"
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Ramond
Good commentary never tells the viewer the things he can already see really ... regardless of how quickly things go on.
You can linger on commentary about a small detail that happened 20 seconds ago to catch up on the next interesting thing that happened in the mean time afterwards.

Not that I'd be any good at that.
Thanks given by: Kevin
I've been listening to commentaries on competitive tournaments and my only advice is to be familiar with how people play. The commentators tend to comment not just on the action, but the way they're playing as well. Some also raise information about the players and their styles before and after each match. Then again, this is a community where we all know each other, so it's kinda pointless.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by: