Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tutorial: Sprite centerx adjustment via GIMP
This is how I adjust the sprite frames to be in center.

I forgot to make inner grids layer invisible before exporting but it's not a problem.

A-MAN's method: (Click to View)
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: A-Man , Phenian
Interesting. But a bit long :P. I would like to show how I do it, but I am not sure if it is really appropriate to do it in this thread.
Good job dude!
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: mfc
(06-18-2014, 07:02 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  Interesting. But a bit long :P. I would like to show how I do it, but I am not sure if it is really appropriate to do it in this thread.
I say it is. Lets collect methods!
Thanks given by: Bamboori , mfc
(06-18-2014, 07:02 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  I would like to show how I do it, but I am not sure if it is really appropriate to do it in this thread.

D-D-D-DO IT!!!
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Alright XD

So we're going to pick the grid we need to put sprites on. I am going to use bandit_0 to show how I am going to align the sprites. Put in mind that each square in bandit's grid is 80x80. We won't have to draw any squares nor the 1 pixel difference thingy in the .dat file

1-We make sure the grid format is RGB:
[Image: 3eKOUVy.png]

2-We create a layer at the back, and we fill it with black:
[Image: zT2kWUi.png]

3-We get to the grid layer back, and "Color to Alpha":
[Image: QkTMrc3.png]

4-We pick the bg color (in this case its black; 0x000000) and Ok everything:
[Image: gFUVzxh.png]

5-Now we're going to start placing the sprites. We're going to realign the 1st 3 punch sprites in the 2nd row to the 3 free spaces at the bottom of the grid.
The first sprite can be put anywhere in the square, as the rest will follow its center values:
[Image: nR3CqIv.png]

6-The second sprite in the sequence is then moved to a position right on the previous one of the sequence; in such a way that it would animate perfect if one of them would appear sequentially at a time:
[Image: SRi0MWS.png]

7-From that position, we will start dragging the sprite to the next square while we watch the "Move: x, y" stuff at the task bar. Our goal is to move it until it is in the other's same spot in the square, but in its own square. Since a square is 80px wide, and we are moving it right, we move it until it says (80,0); now both are perfectly aligned with the exact center values:
[Image: VI3yBUP.png]

[Image: x384UDP.png]

Now suppose you would like to add have the 4th sprite aligned with the 3 we've got down, but placed in a square which is on an upper row:
[Image: 5TGTQcA.png]

And that's pretty much it XD. Save and exit.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: mfc , Phenian
I always kinda wanted to make graphics, and I finally got around to gettnig gimp to work. Of course, now I have no idea how to start. Does anyone know of any good tutorials for the basics?
Thanks given by:
(02-28-2024, 01:18 AM)VeronaJeank Wrote:  I always kinda wanted to make graphics, and I finally got around to gettnig gimp to work. Of course, now I have no idea how to start. Does anyone know of any good tutorials for the basics?
Welcome to the forums! Personally I’ve used those tutorials made by Gespenst:
https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10029
https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=10032

You can also check this thread for more specifics:
https://lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=8574
Thanks given by: