Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what new features would you like in lf2?
Because I'm doing this in game maker studio, all platforms supported by it will be available at some point (means when I have the modules).
So far I simply use the shadow sprite, but a projected one also came to my mind. I'll see if I can do that and how it looks. Maybe it'll stay exclusive to a sunset background or something :p

edit: so I am really eager to know whether you guys think 2 attack buttons would be good or bad :D
Thanks given by:
The problem with a new key move is, well... it won't feel like LF2 anymore. IMO, you should just improve the game's system, but not changing game mechanics that would affect the gameplay. It took me years to master the game, and adding new mechanics would ruin it to me.
On the other hand, making the stage more interactive with platforms and other stuff (raining projectiles that would hit the player, like the rocks falling from the sky XD) would be an intersting idea, and if you manage to do so, it would be awesome.

And are you sure you can't make the recording player more like a YouTube player? ):
Thanks given by:
that seems logical to me :p

but sorry, there are no recording functions in game maker studio yet. if there will be one in the future ill give it my best to implement it :)
Thanks given by:
1. There should be a new team command feature like herofighter.

2. A cool percentage or bar loading system.
[Image: i343198_load.png]
Thanks given by:
1: so you mean like herofighter battlemode? i never really played hf, but the description sounds fun.

2: will be a given :P
Thanks given by:
The team command on Hero Fighter is where you press a button and then a direction to control your AI followers (move, come close, or stay by the left or right of you). You can adjust it however possible, but that is what Marti has done.
And to fix the rolling input issue, why not have inputs reset when you get up from rolling? This would allow mid-roll moves while preventing any other special moves. It may be a little weird, but it's my only idea.

I like the idea of two buttons. It might be a little harder to grasp with a concept like LF2's engine, but as long as it serves a different purpose for everybody I think it would make the game interesting. I do understand why this idea may get shot down. Won't argue about it.

A-MAN: The color key used in GameMaker relies on the color of a pixel in the corner for each sprite. How the game will handle that in custom characters is beyond me, especially since GM does NOT handle sheets all too well.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
Interesting... very interesting.
I think everyone just said all that needed to be said about .exe options and all things which limited lf2..
I'll go up with a bit DC stuff..
- dvz in itrs should work
- there should be a different fall value that would hit falling opponents even though its less than 70
Thanks given by:
i dont know about that rolling input thing :p why not make a d>a in the rowing frames?

also about colour, i think you are talking about an old version of game maker. game maker studio can import sprite grids like a charm and you can use whatever colour youd like as invisible. i mean, like in gimp, you have a transparent background. its like that with game maker sprites.

edit:
@rhino.freak: dvz should be no problem :) about falling opponent hit: how about making that a new body type? so only special itr types will be able to hit it.
Thanks given by:
The idea of a fourth button isn't bad at all IMO. One can use it for a heavy attack, for attacking with a weapon you're holding or maybe for grabbing. A developer should be able to not make use of the 4rth button if he wants, but supporting it would still be awesome nevertheless.

I liked the idea of taking the top left corner pixel for the colorkey.

Edit:
Quote:about falling opponent hit: how about making that a new body type? so only special itr types will be able to hit it.
A new bdy type? Why restrict yourself with LF2's coding mechanics? LF2 wasn't made to be modded in the first place. Here is an idea:
a "flag:" tag which can be fed one or multiple values. Only an itr and a bdy having the same flag would interact. That would be a pretty good farewell to all the special bdys we've been doing.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
you wont need a top left pixel thing :p i mean you can even use partial alpha transparency in your sprites.

i really like the body/itr flag idea. they should still have a type though, for special effects, grabbing etc
Thanks given by: