Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Representative Character Designs
Hmm is Marshall the representative of Marshall or just a char that made by Gad?

btw:P
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 11:07 AM)xmfcx Wrote:  Hmm is Marshall the representative of Marshall or just a char that made by Gad?
It's a design by Marshall, redesigned by Gad. (original had a scythe hand and no mask)
Thanks given by: mfc
im not sure, but i recall Darius being the rep char of pf

remade version:
[Image: 68pcg.png]
Thanks given by:
If only it were named Prince_Freeza. Or he was named Darius.
Thanks given by:
uhm is this a must have feature?

i found the thread where he titles Darius his rep char himself: http://ztage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7834 (scroll down a bit)

edit: i just messaged pf to clear things up, waiting for response ;)
Thanks given by:
I suppose my avatar represents me everywhere.
[Image: profile_picture_by_rtxas-d6spi3s.png][Image: styvis_bobis_minecraft_skin_by_rtxas-d6qdcy6.png]
[Image: hr-135-45.hd-190-10.ch-3030-87.lg-285-85...39ed0f.gif][Image: 08ee.png][Image: suli.jpg][Image: styvis_bobis_lf2_face_by_rtxas-d6mvze3.p...1379601002]
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 11:48 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  uhm is this a must have feature?

i found the thread where he titles Darius his rep char himself: http://ztage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7834 (scroll down a bit)
To me it is a must feature. Else they are just very hard to connect. Very few people would recognize them to be related.
(12-07-2013, 06:22 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Also member and character design need to have a strong connection. Means at least the name should match. (You can find a lot of 'representative' characters on LFE that don't share the name of their creator. That doesn't really work.)

We could argue about this, but the bottom line is: I won't add a character design to my list if the name doesn't somehow match up with the represented members nick (at some point in time or somewhere). edit: If it's his real name or he goes by 'Darius' somewhere it's definitely in. Just haven't seen that yet.

(12-08-2013, 11:52 PM)RtXaS Wrote:  I suppose my avatar represents me everywhere.
Pretty awesome!
Thanks given by:
hm alright then..

thats what pf said:

"yeah darius was and still is my rep character
you can post this on my behalf if anyone needs it"
[Image: 1sOFa1.png]

Thanks given by:
Hah - I knew that'd be the answer.

What does everyone else think about such situations?

Representative characters that don't share the name of the members they are supposed to represent (or are at least noticeable similar): Does that make sense or not? (I don't deny them being what they are - I just don't see them getting onto my personal list)

Also here is a game to go along with it: Which members of the forum are the following characters supposed to represent? (if you want to have some fun, guess without searching for them)

Targaros
Lex
BattleDennisEX
Moer
Cole
Ripoll
Sted
Kenzo
Troy
Daken
Rex
Sukrit
Thanks given by:
I think that the rep char doesn't have to have the same name as the member. Lets say there is a member with a username such as mine. There is no way i would call a character by that name. However for my rep char(Philip - you can add it to the list if you want to :3) i have used my real name which is still in a way linking to me. So yeah...

And about the game thingy:
Targaros - MH Razen
Lex
BattleDennisEX
Moer
Cole
Ripoll
Sted
Kenzo - Ascor
Troy
Daken
Rex - Hero Destroyer
Sukrit - davis60
[Image: double-jump-YinYin-base-1.gif]
This is an inspiration from:
-YinYin's Character Development guide, to be more specific i took one of those bases.
-Urban Rivals' clan Skeelz, I took their uniform
I hope it's good. ^^