Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Representative Character Designs
(12-09-2013, 09:46 PM)Bla bla bla 44 Wrote:  I think that the rep char doesn't have to have the same name as the member. Lets say there is a member with a username such as mine. However for my rep char(Philip - you can add it to the list if you want to :3) i have used my real name which is still in a way linking to me.
That's acceptable of course. aPurpleCat, Harlequin and Tanooki are in because of this. They either use or used the character designs nickname somewhere online. So if I read it I immediately have the representing character come to my mind. It left an impression.

I suppose your character is the green haired dashing guy?

(12-09-2013, 09:46 PM)Bla bla bla 44 Wrote:  Targaros - MH Razen
Kenzo - Ascor
Rex - Hero Destroyer
Sukrit - davis60
4/12
Among those especially reading MH_Razen never brings up the image of Targaros to me. (He could've changed from MH_LF2 to MH_Targaros instead of _Razen - or call the character Razen - in fact he could still do any of that - unlike putting "LF2" into the domain name for better site ranking) The others work a little better as they haven't worked on or released as many things. But especially for Kenzo/Ascor I don't really see how the username for the character would be a problem.

(12-09-2013, 09:46 PM)Bla bla bla 44 Wrote:  There is no way i would call a character by that name.
So this raises another question: why would you name your character directly after yourself, but not your user account? Was that name taken? Would you change it to Philip, if you were allowed to (given you've got a good reason)?
Thanks given by:
i totaly get ur point yinyin, i also wasnt able to name more then 5 out of ur little list, though i gotta admit that that is linked to my missing knowledge about the creators of the chars, same goes for the list in your first post tbh.
If one wasnt active in the time those members where the names tell u nothing at all..

For my personal opinion, im not sure, but me myself, i also wouldnt want to name my rep char mundvoll_, this was more like a joke name, when i registered here i couldnt know i would stay for so long and it was just a random thing coming to my mind, this is the only site i use this name for ( well not true at all, i registered at 13th zone as well under this name).
Thanks given by: YinYin
(12-09-2013, 10:18 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Among those especially reading MH_Razen never brings up the image of Targaros to me. (He could've changed from MH_LF2 to MH_Targaros instead of _Razen - or call the character Razen - in fact he could still do any of that - unlike putting "LF2" into the domain name for better site ranking)

For the love of my life, I can't find the post where he once said that he wanted to reserve himself a spot for a rep-char. Situation: a guy wanted to create an MH-character. MH appeared and said that he would like him not to do that so that he can create his own rep char (which, obviously, never happened).

Honestly, I am in a similar situation; I wouldn't consider Ether my rep char... neither the maskman :p
[Image: 93hyV0Y.png]
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Ramond , YinYin
I don't necessarily see myself as LutiChris, even though yes- my past does reveal saying that he was already my rep char. If i hadn't been banned for being KaywonnJuto (excluding Jason_Wong, Mr. Pregnant...etc) i would have probably stuck with that character. Not that there is anything wrong with Luti but well... that's all behind me. The sprites i've associated with and my better behavior has branded my look for this current username. So im fine with having a handful of my sprites represent me, but you can guess i miss my kay.... oh-kay, it's just nostalgia and a slight physical likeness that i prefer. why would i associate myself with a dead account? because that's where it all began, a little piece of me, a little of my past and mostly because i can keep abusing that username over and over for other accounts. but yeah that's my take on my self-image of my lfe character

edit) actually the more i think about it, i don't miss kay that much.... hahaha almost forgot about him for the most part until i read your 1st post
to be honest i don't really care, i would like my rep char to be me in real life, which is why i even mentioned kay because i desired this old feel for the likeliness i admired back in middle school. those were the weird silly years. As for your goal for this thread: i kinda wanna re-design LutiChris during the holiday break, so that'll be fun
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 11:33 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  i gotta admit that that is linked to my missing knowledge about the creators of the chars, same goes for the list in your first post tbh.
If one wasnt active in the time those members where the names tell u nothing at all..
Yup, that's the point. You'll recognize a nick you have interacted with. Connecting it to yet another name that didn't pass you quite as frequently (if at all) is another step.
(12-09-2013, 11:33 PM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  For my personal opinion, im not sure, but me myself, i also wouldnt want to name my rep char mundvoll_, this was more like a joke name, when i registered here
What other nicks do you go by? Would they suit a character?

(12-10-2013, 06:35 AM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  I wouldn't consider Ether my rep char... neither the maskman :p
[Image: 93hyV0Y.png]
NOOOOO

(12-10-2013, 08:48 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  Luti [...] Kay
What's the difference between those two designs? I wouldn't deem it too wrong calling your character Kay as you've went by it long enough. I think I could name about 10 nicknames for Yakui. He's had that special ability making all of them fit his personality. Kay and Luti have the same impression on me - both connected to you.
(12-10-2013, 08:48 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  As for your goal for this thread: i kinda wanna re-design LutiChris
The light blue hair will be gone then? Or have you ever had your hair dyed like that for real?

Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 09:30 AM)YinYin Wrote:  What other nicks do you go by? Would they suit a character?

I'm used to the Nick "Arcane" which would actually be fitting quite well for a Char imo.
Furthermore i could also imagine naming my rep-char "Janis", which is actually my real name, some members of LFE already call me this way anyway.

Thanks given by: YinYin
I think they sound awesome together: Janis Arcane.
Thanks given by: Jahvansi
True that :)

I just questioned myself wether a rep-char should be desinged by oneself or by someone else.
Should it represent how a member/person sees himself or should it represent how a member is seen by the community?
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2013, 10:01 AM)mundvoll_ Wrote:  I just questioned my self wether a rep-char should be desinged by oneself or by someone else.
Should it represent how a member/person sees himself or should it represent how a member is seen by the community?
Yes. That's a reason why I am not yet fond of BluePhoenix in a suit. I'd much rather like to think of him as an actual phoenix or at least a guy with a bird mask or something. Still since Gad did a whole sheet that's what I think of first currently.

I'd say as long as the design fits the persons self image it doesn't matter who designed it. If it doesn't I guess I should take it off my list.
Thanks given by: