Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aiden
(11-01-2013, 10:55 AM)Nyamaiku Wrote:  ahh...seems like i misunderstood something about the "D>A umbrella hit" thing
you mean the projectile send the enemy too high, not the hit of the umbrella itself right? edited
I was talking about the umbrella itself. I don't see the logic in making your opponent fly up when you swing the umbrella down.

Quote:and i think you can make a video for now...this char is almost done except the face pic and maybe the umbrella sound
Will do.

Edit:
(11-01-2013, 10:55 AM)Nyamaiku Wrote:  little question for those who tested this: can you all manage to do the special moves link from run attack?
i guess those who are familiar with woody's basic combos should be ok with it
I'm familiar with it because Dennis works pretty much that way. Aiden requires fast fingers for it to work, so I thought to extend it a frame. Try out Dennis and see what you think.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by: Nyamaiku
Quote:I was talking about the umbrella itself. I don't see the logic in making your opponent fly up when you swing the umbrella down.
i tested it quite a few times...but when did it hit up? u can check the data file...there are just different values but all of them will hit the enemy down
can you show me in some way? at least i haven't seen it hit enemies up before

====================================================================
note: i remember seeing a rule like "thou shall not double post", so i can only edit this post as a new post :s
anyway...
after all this time, i finally manage to draw something thats not crappy! yay! :D
actually, i can draw(in anime style)...but it was a lot harder to draw with a mouse compared to a pencil
this is for those who wants to help me with the face pic...(seems like only MoragWan is willing to help for now)
the pic size is 320x320, if it is ok, the back of the hair may also need some editing, it just isnt "aiden" enough :(
im not good with colouring, this is what happened when i tried colouring it...and i dunno how to shade(the scarf looks horrible)
so now i can only hope someone will help me colour it...
or maybe someone will make a better one to replace this *some brown stuff*
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by: Dragon5
Looking good so far. I'm uploading a video to show what he can do. It's not my best work, I'll admit, but I managed to show enough.

My only other idea is to make sure none of the other flying projectiles can hit the ground wave except for arrows, stars, or wind. I really like how it can go under projectiles. It's not cheap since most of the time doing that means you'll trade hits with your opponent. That's especially dangerous against Firen and Freeze.

I'll edit this post with the video when it's uploaded. Internet's being slow for some reason...

Here:
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
Thanks given by: Nyamaiku
Quote:My only other idea is to make sure none of the other flying projectiles can hit the ground wave except for arrows, stars, or wind. I really like how it can go under projectiles. It's not cheap since most of the time doing that means you'll trade hits with your opponent. That's especially dangerous against Firen and Freeze.
that may be quite hard...but i actually prefer it to be able to hit some of those balls...since aiden does not have *forever flying/unlimited range/you cant hide from me,muahahaha* kind of long ranged attacks, and he doesnt have much combos up close either...even though that his wave can cancel other peoples balls, the wave would not travel as far when it is hitting other things or attacks

about the sound of the umbrella...i gave up...nothing seems to fit...maybe i will just stick to using 037 then

and maybe i will change a bit of the D^J control...because the AI cant use it properly...if im not wrong, just deleting the 'press D to stop floating' part should do the trick...if i change it then the control would be 'press A or J to stop'
Thanks given by:
The AI mashes random buttons when stuck in a state like that. That's why you see the opponents randomly roll backwards on Fanpai. I had Firen able to cancel his Fire Run into his running attack, but I removed it since he kept doing that instead of running. I don't know why Marti made the AI do that.
Thanks given by:
The AI moves in mysterious ways.
(I dunno if this is a used quotation in English too)
To this Aiden guy. This move which i expect to be done with d<j :D shouldn't you enable it to cast it diagonal? It kinda reminds me of the Tigerdash. Making it just on one line could enable the same problem as with the d<j of Bat. It looks to be not very usefull in Stage Mode as far as i see it. Even if you can hit people you will get punished afterwards, so it's probably not worth casting it :P If you make it diagonal you could prevent getting hit after casting it, and you could hit enemies a lot easier. The combinations with it look cool though.
I didn't test him but he looks weaker then the other Heroes. But that's still better then stronger :P
[Image: 78f0db68c4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 04:14 PM)Bat Tamer Wrote:  I had Firen able to cancel his Fire Run into his running attack, but I removed it since he kept doing that instead of running. I don't know why Marti made the AI do that.
It's not random. It's simple. If an enemy target is within range press attack. Not determined by the characters current state because it's not required - if you add a hit_a to an attack the AI won't be able to decide it should rather go on with the attack than perform the other you have added.
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 06:56 PM)Dr.Death Wrote:  The AI moves in mysterious ways.
um...not really. its actually quite predictable.
maybe except the press J or when to run though, that is quite random

(11-04-2013, 06:56 PM)Dr.Death Wrote:  This move which i expect to be done with d<j :D shouldn't you enable it to cast it diagonal? It kinda reminds me of the Tigerdash. Making it just on one line could enable the same problem as with the d<j of Bat. It looks to be not very usefull in Stage Mode as far as i see it. Even if you can hit people you will get punished afterwards, so it's probably not worth casting it :P If you make it diagonal you could prevent getting hit after casting it, and you could hit enemies a lot easier.
are you talking about the D>J rushing attack? it CAN be control along the z-axis.
if you are talking about the D^J, this too CAN move along the z-axis.

(11-04-2013, 06:56 PM)Dr.Death Wrote:  he looks weaker then the other Heroes
not really, he may lack combos but he can punish enemies in his own way. wait till i finish the ddraw AI for him and you can test it. im still stuck with the AI for D^J for now

(11-04-2013, 07:27 PM)YinYin Wrote:  If an enemy target is within range press attack. Not determined by the characters current state because it's not required
actually, the AI sometimes spam pressing A if their state is 3 or 301
Thanks given by:
i know this is double posting, but i have to say:
Aiden is finished:D equipped with his faithful umbrella and AI, he is now ready for action!
release download was updated in first post

the admin of LFE can move this to release section
Thanks given by: Dragon5 , Jester , AmadisLFE
bump, coz reworked Aiden

changes:
-tweaked AI
-nerfed his D>A and D>J coz they are pretty bullsh*t
-changed his DvA into a 3 hit combo
-new D>A shockwave that looks tons better, here is the new shockwave sprite:
[Image: fs0nZm6.png]

and heres the download link for the reworked version, also updated first post to include rework version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cntik7u1o9...eworked.7z

if anyone can update the dl link in main site to the reworked version that would be great
Thanks given by: STM1993