Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[MOD] Little Space Fighter
[] 
Comming soon!

previous post (Click to View)
Mech trooper?boss?
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
Wow awesome! I really want to try this stage out.
Your work always impress me :D I downloaded all of your char pack and never get tired of them, even they are not yet finished.
Well, this remind me of Starcraft II and Starwar. Let's make Medic and Sabotage xD (maybe?)
I think trooper with Light Saber will suit this map.
And about boss, even i haven't watched Starwar, i will still suggest making a char with Gravity power or a giant robot with heavy armor like the Golden Armor in R-LF2.
Thanks given by:
Interesting! That's more of a "harness the power of my super spriting style" stage! It would be epic to see a whole new mod based on that style!! (which pretty much doesn't differ from LF2's IMO). Keep up the good work!

And how about some light saber's equipped minions whom are mainly melee fighters. These should be fast and pretty much combo-able.

Edit: Or perhaps some giant slow orks equipped with very strong high-tech bazooka's. These bazooka's need some time to charge though. Perhaps, they should have some sort of Knight's armor.

Edit2: Aaand UFO units!! Pretty much like Kirby's UFO form. They are fast and annoying but they die on a single blow.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
pretty cool i would realy want to try that stage ^_^
here are few suggestions for troops:
[Image: bjHRD1R.png]
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Gad
how about making a special weapon that makes the player wear a space suit of some sorts?
or at least space weapons like a beamsword and a laser gun.

oh and also make a beamsword melee troup ;D
Thanks given by: Gad , LutiChris
On the moon? What are they fighting for there? That thing has no value what so ever.
Not to mention there is no atmosphere to allow that kind of awesome flame thrower to work (looks neat though).
I think you might wanna change the earth in the background to some other planet and pretend that this asteroid has an atmosphere that allows burning things (could still be toxic or too thin for those helmets to make sense). Also consider some kind of ore mining being done there so they got something to fight for. (maybe in the background or in the stage or both - background first I'd say)

Do these guys have lower gravity too? (a bit like lf one over two?)

Could you upload them without AI already so we can test them?

Can you add some visual effect to a human camouflage trooper so he doesn't get lost like Rudolf? (since this is his only speciality)

Considering the mining theme another trooper would of course be a drill trooper. Either small drills on both hands or a single big one - maybe like bio shocks big daddies or the hero from knight fall.

The boss would of course be some kind of space monster if you are playing as the troopers. (one that could actually oppose two different trooper parties: yours and the usual team 5 stage enemies - so everyone fights it)
Thanks given by: Gad , LutiChris
First of all:
NO MONSTERS or UNEXISTING CREATURES.
I hate this theme.

Second:
Just found a boss.
Space-suit Julian for the win.
He was meant to be there anyway.

(08-15-2013, 03:11 PM)DesignHeaven Wrote:  here are few suggestions for troops:
[Image: bjHRD1R.png]
I'm totally in with the slow heavy armored suit.
If somebody will help me to add the armor in DC.
And who would hire a girl? Goddamit, they're weak, as long as they can't use magic.

(08-15-2013, 02:14 PM)Jester Wrote:  Let's make Medic and Sabotage xD (maybe?)
I think trooper with Light Saber will suit this map.
Worth considering.
(08-15-2013, 04:07 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  how about making a special weapon that makes the player wear a space suit of some sorts?
or at least space weapons like a beamsword and a laser gun.
That'b awesome.
I may be not so good in Dcing a blaster though. If someone's willing to help, then ok.

(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  On the moon? What are they fighting for there? That thing has no value what so ever.
Ask Julian. In first stage he runs away from his castle with weird portal.
Let's say he has found some unique magic power right there.
If you're brave enough to walk through it I'll understand that you're on the moon.

(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Not to mention there is no atmosphere to allow that kind of awesome flame thrower to work (looks neat though).
Not to mention that you need a material to warm up to create a fire, and Firen creates a fireball out of nothing.
Anyway, we're living in LF2 world, where Hunters with sunglasses use bows. Makes sense, right?

(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  I think you might wanna change the earth in the background to some other planet and pretend that this asteroid has an atmosphere that allows burning things (could still be toxic or too thin for those helmets to make sense). Also consider some kind of ore mining being done there so they got something to fight for. (maybe in the background or in the stage or both - background first I'd say)
Well. I could change the moon into other-dimensional planet, so the conditions are kind of unknown and unpredictable.
And helmets doesn't really need to be a protection, IMO.
As you can probably see, I was inspired by Mandalorians

They wear a suit, like an uniform, not because they need it. Helmet would save you from loosing teeth while you fight with Davis.

(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Do these guys have lower gravity too? (a bit like lf one over two?)
I was looking for a way which could change the gravity on the map for every body. Looks like there is no method. We could eventually change gravity for whole exe.
And the low gravity working only for spacemarines would look pretty weird. Don't you think?

(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Could you upload them without AI already so we can test them?
Soon. Not right now. Tomorrow or today's evening.

(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Can you add some visual effect to a human camouflage trooper so he doesn't get lost like Rudolf? (since this is his only speciality)
That's a good idea. I'd need another 'invisible' character for it. Right?
I'm thinking of transforming into invisible character that will stay hidden as long as it doesn't attack or is attacked.
It would still leave a shadow, what actually would made him targetable.

(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Considering the mining theme another trooper would of course be a drill trooper. Either small drills on both hands or a single big one - maybe like bio shocks big daddies or the hero from knight fall.
Perfect.
I'm thinking of creating Robot-drill machines and fcking up their AI, so they are like stupid, but powerfull robots.

(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  The boss would of course be some kind of space monster if you are playing as the troopers. (one that could actually oppose two different trooper parties: yours and the usual team 5 stage enemies - so everyone fights it)
Yess.
I will be in need of three additional bosses.

Adding description of each stage to the first post.
Thanks given by: betitngoan
(08-15-2013, 05:30 PM)Gad Wrote:  First of all:
NO MONSTERS or UNEXISTING CREATURES.
I hate this theme.
(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  The boss would of course be some kind of space monster if you are playing as the troopers. (one that could actually oppose two different trooper parties: yours and the usual team 5 stage enemies - so everyone fights it)
Yess.
I will be in need of three additional bosses.
Isn't that a little contradicting?

(08-15-2013, 05:30 PM)Gad Wrote:  
(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Not to mention there is no atmosphere to allow that kind of awesome flame thrower to work (looks neat though).
Not to mention that you need a material to warm up to create a fire, and Firen creates a fireball out of nothing.
Anyway, we're living in LF2 world, where Hunters with sunglasses use bows. Makes sense, right?
Well obviously this guy has a fuel generator (mp bar). And little fighters are able to create energy with their bare hands so there's no problem creating a plasma out of thin air which could of course burn (O2 and N2). (it'd create a bunch of highly toxic nitrogen oxides but who cares - it's possible)

(08-15-2013, 05:30 PM)Gad Wrote:  
(08-15-2013, 04:32 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Can you add some visual effect to a human camouflage trooper so he doesn't get lost like Rudolf? (since this is his only speciality)
That's a good idea. I'd need another 'invisible' character for it. Right?
I'm thinking of transforming into invisible character that will stay hidden as long as it doesn't attack or is attacked.
It would still leave a shadow, what actually would made him targetable.
No, you could just have him constantly spawn shadowless objects that only display a small illusive part of his sprite - it wouldn't be visible when he is because it's the exact same pixels - but once he's invisible they still are visible.

About complex stuff, items, armor, gravity, etc ... I'd say you should do and polish everything simple first - if this unplanned project lasts beyond creating one stage you can consider turning it into a mod with more cool stuff.
Thanks given by:
if that is a continue of the normal lf2 plot and just the fight happens in the space, y dont u make instead of the troops
a new version of each LF2 fighter that will suit his attacks to another planet also could give them an armor like u showed
i would say that will be more awesome instead of like making new fighters that will fight again against julian
if u dont want to make the the national fighters than think again if u wanna add julian to ur mod
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: