Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes a good LF2 Character?
go write a book please..

I think what we need.

Good sprites.
more combo attacks, no things like he charging, he running, he attacks, he goes to 999.
good dc.
original things
Useful
Thanks given by:
You're free to not read it ;P (as you prolly did)
If you sum it up, i like balanced characters who fit to the others. Good Sounds and LF2 styled Sprites are important. And make it possible to see a difference between how good a player plays the character

And i think you should be carefull with original stuff because it can easily be too strong, annoying(like i saw a Deep sword hitting everyone in front of him all the time just like a running LouisEX does) or just bad because the time using the attack is too long.
[Image: 78f0db68c4.jpg]
Thanks given by: Ariel
actualy I read YinYin's post. didnt had time for yours
k I will show some examples of good and bad
[Image: maveric_oe_face.gif] this character is good. because it have good sprites, its fun to play with him. nice attacks
[Image: Frozen2_pic.png] for me. this is the 2nd best character so far. there was no better.
this is the best. [Image: FreeRo_face.gif] its original character. good sprites. nice dc. awesome moves.
stylish
this one. is stupiest char Ive ever seen [Image: Face.png] moves, are bad, he is not even planned. sprites suck
Useful
Thanks given by:
I think that Luti's idea was to learn what make a char "fun to play" - not that you all write "good sprites, fun to play", as I think this is the obvious.
I think that as you all, character need to be sprited good, not only in high level of spriting, but also in LF2 style, I hate to play with character that his sprites are took from other game, or just sprited in a differend style.
But, I think that what mostly made me like to play with a char, is mostly these three things - that he is smooth, no bugs, moves that you aren't waiting a lot of time for them to work, a character that can be played fast.
And the other thing, that wouldn't make the char fun in most cases, but will crash the potential of he, is the Diversifying, if the character moves are awesome, but all are same, or atleast too much similar, the character is bad. not that every character need a set of one-thousand moves, but diversity is really required.
That he is balanced. its really easy to make a char inbalanced, actually, its kinda hard to make your character balanced, atleast if he got the diversity and the smoothness. Its not the most important thing, I can really have fun with char that is inbalanced (not too much), but for making a char wear much slowly, you need balance.
Thanks given by: Ariel
Umm, dude?
But.
Do I need to tell anyone how awesome these chars are?
I bet most of the members in forum tryied frozen or maverick to know about good and bad thing.
Umm, if I would say what so special, it bit would be a spoiler.

Actualy. Everyperson have his own feelings about one or another character.

If you want to make a char. Go and be original. Dont be lazy, just dont be arrogant and try do not make chars which have dozens of versions already. Just like naruto, goku and stuff.

Have you ever played char called, umm idk about his name. Its greenish hair woody with two axes, deeps legs and bandits torso.

That one is cool.
Look at attacks. Its awesome. Original in its own way.
Useful
Thanks given by:
Of course you need to tell. If everybody knows these characters, and how awesome are they, they already know why these characters are so great , no reminder is needed - you dont have to say "these chars are awesome because of a reason that I wouldn't say here because it is a spoiler". You need to describe, atleast for you, what turn this character to so great one, not only that they are great, and everybody know why.
I didn't got what your saying in your's 3rd paragraph, about to be original - Why dont you like character with lot of versions? I think that even if character got lot of versions, it still can be better than the all the others (as it in most cases), anyway, I will glad to see Naruto true LF version (of sprites), there is one, but not really high level of spriting.
I think that the character you are talking about is LISO, I must say, that he is great char, he's sprites, are great (but wierd somehow), I must say, can be better, but still awesome, he got some diversity - long range attacks, any differnet from other, these crystals, his explosion- and these are all nice attacks, I dont really remember if he is balanced, but I bet that no, If so, I will not play him more then 15 minutes. (in the Reguler LF), it just no fun.
Thanks given by:
(08-13-2013, 11:15 AM)EXG9 Wrote:  go write a book please..
I have honestly already considered it. If I ever manage to write enough articles on my website I shall do it.
(08-13-2013, 12:07 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  actualy I read YinYin's post. didnt had time for yours
Essentially we said the same, except I used general concepts and he described more detailed aspects.
(08-13-2013, 12:07 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  this is the best.
I'd like to know what you like about Freero that much. I didn't really like him. Did I miss important parts?
(08-14-2013, 08:33 PM)TamBoy Wrote:  I think that Luti's idea was to learn what make a char "fun to play" - not that you all write "good sprites, fun to play", as I think this is the obvious.
Have you read anything in this thread at all?

Thanks given by:
freero is a very good modified character, but still it is not on my preferences :(
liso is probability the first on my list (tamboy mentioned already his awesome features)
frozen? what's so amazing on him? i dont really like the much him, except the sprites, which are splendid

now let's take a look on mainsite, in the character list, we can easily see that solar_flare is the most prefered character, according to hits number. i think i played him once and it want that great, or else i would remember better :p

so we can see that people like different things on characters and dont usually share the same preferences. i think its a few hard to determine what most of people (~80%) would say what makes a char good
Thanks given by:
(08-15-2013, 05:11 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  frozen? what's so amazing on him? i dont really like the much him, except the sprites, which are splendid
His ice mirrages allow him to become pretty much untouchable if you master them (you can do them while running, landing, defending, holding an opponent ... they are a great escape and combo setup - there is no other character like this).

(08-15-2013, 05:11 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  now let's take a look on mainsite, in the character list, we can easily see that solar_flare is the most prefered character, according to hits number. i think i played him once and it want that great, or else i would remember better :p

so we can see that people like different things on characters and dont usually share the same preferences. i think its a few hard to determine what most of people (~80%) would say what makes a char good
A download hit does not reflect more than it is - it does not tell you that x amount of people liked it - just that x amount of people were tricked into downloading it (that'll be a different reason on each of them: suggested by someone else, thought it should be good because it's the most downloaded character, sounded cool, looked cool, ... it may as well have been a let down for everyone)
Thanks given by:
[I will not talk about what the others said, and I am agreeing with all of their opinion]
If you want the char to be fully playable and fun to play, you need a new type of attacks and special moves, something that no one have seen before, or you just need something basic, something simple and easy to play, choose a way from those 2, and upgrade your char, and your char will be more than fun, he will be living, he will have a life, and you will always enjoy playing LF2!
Thanks given by: