Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #20: Tournament
(05-06-2013, 08:14 PM)Everisto Wrote:  Here we had a random opponents and it was not until the end of the fair.
In my view, the first system is the best. Since winning the best player who eliminates all. This system is the best indicator of the player's skill.
Therefore prefer The Classic system.

Are you serious? I agree that this was too short (in terms of rounds) to determine a proper ranking, but a classic system fails even harder. Just imagine the actual two best fighters facing each other on the first round, the result would be worse than this.

Also look at this:
Omega beat Kevin
Kevin beat Azriel
Azriel beat Omega

A classic system wouldn't be able to account for this at all.
Thanks given by: Dragon5 , Som1Lse , Kevin , A-Man , qwertz143
System Swiss is almost the best system to rank the players in as few rounds as possible. In the real system, we use the players' ratings to determine the seeds. Here of course we used a totally randomized seed, but the system is still clearly more effective. Other than not being able to see the next opponent and play the next round beforehand, this system has in my opinion no downfall compared to the elimination mode.

Elimination system works pretty well with seeds. I saw C2 tournament used double-elimination system because they have the ratings of every player. But here we don't have such thing, so I personally agrees that System Swiss is the fairest system.

Besides, System Swiss isn't that rude to just kick out half of the players after just one round. Even weaker players will have the chance to enjoy the full tournament.
TEMPE
Thanks given by: John Fighterli
Quote:Just imagine the actual two best fighters facing each other on the first round, the result would be worse than this.

Maybe so, but then the best man win, and you will know who deserves a promotion. In addition, the system can make the classic division between the so-called "group, which found that the theoretical tournament favorites, and they could not to fight with each other in the beginning. And you can also divide the players into 8 groups and, like the World Cup in football play. then everyone would fight at 100% and would be more excitement.

The Swiss generally would be good, but it should be taken into account:
-a small points, the winners / losers fight (3-2,4-1,5-0 this gives us balance 12-3) Because if you play two players have the same high points (win matches) then we take into account who has a more positive balance.
-To be fair, in this tournament, each player would have to play with everyone, but it would last a very long time. But it can also be tedious, because by this time the inactivity of many players that have been disqualified.

Moreover, there is nothing in the way to make two tournaments. For example, in football you have more than one tournament. :)

Actually, I'm open to providing such long leagues, even going all year long. But in general I am in favor of tournaments in which we eliminations.

[Image: img.php?im_id=106382]
Thanks given by: qwertz143
Oh! I was not able to join the tournament because when I said I join to Blue Phoenix, all the things got deleted in the Little Fighter Empire. So my participation also got deleted and after that, I was offline for many days. My network game still has some problems so there should be a good LF2 in which the network game works properly. As I can see, Lord Silva has won the tournament, well my favorite fighter from the whole tournament is Vincentius Kevin and he almost didn't lose any match. :p I thought that the sequence is 1st - Kevin, 2nd - YinYin, 3rd - Lord Silva. I know Kevin the most from them and I also know YinYin.

I think some of you are looking for my more LF2 recordings so I am going to post them in some of the sections of this forum but later when I will be online after some days or months. ;) I don't have the recording download links right now.

Well, I have heard about a next tournament in Little Fighter Empire, and also I have heard that suggestions for the next tournament is allowed so my suggestion is to make a survival stage tournament.

Thanks given by:
Quote:Well, I have heard about a next tournament in Little Fighter Empire, and also I have heard that suggestions for the next tournament is allowed so my suggestion is to make a survival stage tournament.
No, that's not a good idea as there has already been one and survival stage gets quite boring.

We should continue tournaments like this only, well because this is the official lf2 fansite. We must have regular tournaments!
[Image: Blaze340.gif]
Thanks given by:
I prefer combined system.
Fist we play some eliminating rounds with 1 match, to prevent odd number and a let a certain number of players example 10. Then there are played 9 rounds or more or less depend on player number and then the first play against the 4th and the 2nd against 3rd, then the final and maybe the a match for 3rd and 4th place.
If there are like 16 players there could be followed a system like in champions league or any other football competition with qualifying rounds, group stages and knockout stage. <-this one would be better, coz is more complex and is better to determine winner.
Thanks given by: