Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[MOD]OnePiece A-Edition Demo 1.8 Download
(02-15-2013, 07:56 PM)YinYin Wrote:  The game does not accept Ctrl as a control key ...

edit: also even if it is a beta, please release such with the console less AI

edit:

One Piece A-Edition 1.5.exe.log

.\Little Fighter\OPAE1.5\One Piece A-Edition 1.5.exe\pyglet\window\win32\__init__.py:552: UserWarning: Could not set vsync; unsupported extension.

and
sprite\sys\jozu.bmp
Couldn't create art surface.

D:
Yea, that console is annoying... I will update it with fixations to your stuff ASAP.

Also, can you tell me what caused that "Couldn't set vsync" error?

And btw, I am 100% positive that Ctrl works and is accepted in that exe.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(02-15-2013, 08:42 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Yeah I just dropped a lot of stuff from the data.txt too and that helped as usual.
But then I had to live with my entered controls being totally scrambled (somewhere close to what I entered but not really right).
So I just copied the controls from my normal LF2.

Testing now.

edit: not fun :I

yea this version currently has lotz of bugs, but we are working and gonna release a new version (bug-fixed) soon. :)

Thanks given by:
(02-16-2013, 03:25 AM)A-MAN Wrote:  Also, can you tell me what caused that "Couldn't set vsync" error?
I can only tell you that I had a very annoying looping sound from starting the program to hitting ok on the error popup (halfway loading the data).

(02-16-2013, 03:25 AM)A-MAN Wrote:  And btw, I am 100% positive that Ctrl works and is accepted in that exe.
(02-15-2013, 08:34 PM)NinjaExplosive Wrote:  "Control" only works for the left control key.
Well I need the right one.
Thanks given by: A-Man
(02-16-2013, 08:38 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
(02-16-2013, 03:25 AM)A-MAN Wrote:  Also, can you tell me what caused that "Couldn't set vsync" error?
I can only tell you that I had a very annoying looping sound from starting the program to hitting ok on the error popup (halfway loading the data).
Its pyglet's problem with Avbin... The error is probably a result of the program "trying" to run the opening video for the game. Pyglet sucks.. I should've sticked to pygame.. Anyways..

(02-16-2013, 03:25 AM)A-MAN Wrote:  And btw, I am 100% positive that Ctrl works and is accepted in that exe.
(02-15-2013, 08:34 PM)NinjaExplosive Wrote:  "Control" only works for the left control key.
Quote:Well I need the right one.
My bad, I didn't notice that. Its just that LF2 recognize L_Ctrl and R_Ctrl as one button, 17. So I thought they both had the same value in reality :s
Will probably fix this.

Thanks for reporting the problems :)

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?8hd7bh38rr20nld
Fixed the CTRL thingy, and the surface error should not appear now. The AI terminal isn't there now as well. Enjoy Y'all!

Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak , Marko pro , NewToTheEra
awesome ! how about adding the link the first post A-MAN?
Thanks given by:
I did add it, didn't I?
Also i just noticed this post and felt like replying to it (don't know why i didn't c it before):
(02-15-2013, 08:42 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Testing now.

edit: not fun :I
The game is directed to One Piece fans. And for those who are, this game is a master piece (and its the only one which is still progressing).

Thought the game needs some explanation and more info about it, so here you go:

The in game characters are:
Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Ussop, Lucci, Jinbe, Ace, Enel, Aokiji, Kuma, Mihawk, Shanks, Whitebeard and a Pacifista. Not to forget mentioning the awesome sand bag by Yin Yin (thanks for letting me use it. I already mentioned you in the credits, but i still feel like thanking you again XD).
The first 3 characters are there when you start the game. The other 11 should be unlocked in the stage mode (check the "How To Play" option to understand how the unlocking works). There is also 4 enemy sets:
Enemy_Set_A which includes 15 sword marine soldiers, and this is there just when you start the game.
Enemy_Set_B which includes 15 rifle marin soldiers, and this needs to be unlocked in the stage mode.
Enemy_Set_C which includes 10 KungFu Dugongs (the ones found in Arabasta lool), and this needs to be unlocked in the stage mode.
Enemy_Set_D which includes 1 single Pacifista. It needs to be unlocked as well.

Items:
Food: Each kind of food heals some amount of HP
Den Den Mushi: Hit this to randomly summon a support character which attacks the opponent and then disappears.

Thanks given by:
i loved that denden mushi thing
Thanks given by:
My name shall be:
ZinZin
qwertz all the way.
I cannot enter numbers or spaces for the name.

Loading worked without interruption!

So the player 1 controls work, including right ctrl.
However the others are yet again scrambled:
For example I used ^ (top left - next to 1 on my keyboard) as attack, instead I get Ö (right to L on my keyboard).
I think you should change the way you read in the key codes upon setting controls.

Starting a fight crashed the game ... - I had no random character selected though, so I guess it must've been an evil background.

Second try I started a fight on Lee on Road hoping that would not fail.
Crashed again.
One last chance: I will try stage mode as I did last time (when vs worked too - but I wasn't sure of how many things worked correctly as I had to mutilate the data.txt).

Stage mode started up and greeted me, like last time, with a ton of dead soldiers. Splendid.
I am again using Zorro and abuse the given free time until I GO-> to test him a little.
First of all only one of the three moves he performs on his basic attack actually looks like he could hit someone (the first).
The second looks more like a ground stab finishing move that will otherwise be useless.
And the last looks like he is just tackling others with two sword hilts.
I understand that Zorro is an uber fast multi sword wielder, but on his special moves I can see his swords flashing around.
If that third attack is supposed to be a qick sword slash then please add some effects that will make it look like it.

Not to mention that all three of them don't allow any movement at all making it the most static straight line, uncontrollable basic attack I have ever used.
Add some well tuned dvz values and it will feel and work a lot better.

All the other attacks suffer similar problems, I will not bother to analyse them in detail.

running == walking? This looks damn weird as the characters move too slow for that, and moving straight up or down makes this animation look even worse.
If you don't have a universal movement animation that suits all directions I would suggest you to try and add some dvx directly inside the walking frames.
That way you will give the characters more angles and speeds to walk at and at the same time disable the extremley weird looking z only movement.
(always going a little forward even when only pressing up/down may be a little weird too though - but at least look better than this)

Onwards! Let's hope i will not die too soon.

It rains many more dying soldiers (did the latest archive not include a fixed data.txt? Is it still leaving out things?).
And I get shot out of nowhere by a huge guy from far away! Fun!
The huge guy is distracted by not being able to pick a boulder :D my chance.
A snail, wtf. Ahh the snails summon support characters? Well I didn't win this fight on my own then ...

Onwards!

Fighting myself, again snails doing most of the damange.
Two big guys killing my just aquired ally copy, all snail support and myself.

That was that.
In my defense I do know one piece. But this is just so much more fan service than quality.
It could've also been naruto, bleach or even something that I would truly be crazy for (zelda/metroid related stuff)
the theme/setting would not have made any difference on the fun factor.
Thanks given by: A-Man , Rhino.Freak
A suuuuuuuuper thanks for that high quality review.

So:
Yes, the data.txt in the so called "fix" version had everything in it (it was a "some big sprite sheets" problem).
Quote: but I wasn't sure of how many things worked correctly as I had to mutilate the data.txt
Does this mean there were some problems with the loading? was it an art surface error?

Quote:Stage mode started up and greeted me, like last time, with a ton of dead soldiers. Splendid.
Lool! Did they fall dead? or is it that you're pointing out that they are very weak?

Quote:I understand that Zorro is an uber fast multi sword wielder, but on his special moves I can see his swords flashing around.
I didn't make up any of those effects. They are all from the anime itself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUdpRqrJSn0

Quote:If you don't have a universal movement animation that suits all directions I would suggest you to try and add some dvx directly inside the walking frames.
That way you will give the characters more angles and speeds to walk at and at the same time disable the extremley weird looking z only movement.
(always going a little forward even when only pressing up/down may be a little weird too though - but at least look better than this)
You're right.. I've always thought about that when i worked on the game, but me getting used to it made me look over it. Will hopefully fix this.

Quote:Not to mention that all three of them don't allow any movement at all making it the most static straight line, uncontrollable basic attack I have ever used.
Add some well tuned dvz values and it will feel and work a lot better.
Hitting it on the spot again. A mistake I did is that I started working on this game just when i discovered datachanging. So you can find a lot of low quality work. Sorry for that.. Imma do wat you said and try to make the game more flexable.

Quote:running == walking? This looks damn weird as the characters move too slow for that, and moving straight up or down makes this animation look even worse.
If you don't have a universal movement animation that suits all directions I would suggest you to try and add some dvx directly inside the walking frames.
You're right again Shock

Quote:The huge guy is distracted by not being able to pick a boulder :D my chance.
I am getting what you mean. It looks dumb. I should either remove the boulder from the game, or make the AI ignore it or act with it according to the game mechanics.

Quote:Fighting myself, again snails doing most of the damange.
Two big guys killing my just aquired ally copy, all snail support and myself.
Support characters can die too. Hit them just before they start attacking. But still, you're sorta right. Gonna decrease the damage these support characters do. And maybe make them appear less frequently.

Again, thanks a bunch for this ultimately useful review. Gotta start working on what you said. Next update shall clear all the problems above.
Totally appreciated.

Thanks given by:
Quote:Does this mean there were some problems with the loading? was it an art surface error?
On the previous version as I posted.
Quote:Did they fall dead?
Yes. I didn't fight a single soldier.
Quote:Support characters can die too. Hit them just before they start attacking. But still, you're sorta right. Gonna decrease the damage these support characters do. And maybe make them appear less frequently.
Yeah I killed one myself and saw several getting killed.
Quote:Again, thanks a bunch for this ultimately useful review. Gotta start working on what you said. Next update shall clear all the problems above.
Totally appreciated.
Try to track down some problems on your own.
Thanks given by: A-Man