Poll: Vote for your favorite(s)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
#1: mundvoll_
6.79%
15 6.79%
#2: EXG9
8.14%
18 8.14%
#3: koori-youkai
3.62%
8 3.62%
#4: Reaper
1.81%
4 1.81%
#5: Bla bla bla 44
1.36%
3 1.36%
#6: Jerkington XIII
1.36%
3 1.36%
#7: Kashif
1.36%
3 1.36%
#8: Whaat
2.71%
6 2.71%
#9: Sonic Boom
3.17%
7 3.17%
#10: The Lost Global Mod
6.79%
15 6.79%
#11: JoHo15
4.07%
9 4.07%
#12: XTIAN
3.17%
7 3.17%
#13: drako
2.26%
5 2.26%
#14: YinYin
10.41%
23 10.41%
#15: RtXaS
0.90%
2 0.90%
#16: Hero destroyer
1.36%
3 1.36%
#17: HvdstrCBfr
1.81%
4 1.81%
#18: Apocalipsis
15.38%
34 15.38%
#19: JustMe
1.81%
4 1.81%
#20: LutiChris
9.95%
22 9.95%
#21: qwertz143
2.71%
6 2.71%
#22: dubbleD
2.26%
5 2.26%
#23: A-MAN
1.36%
3 1.36%
#24: Blue Phoenix
4.52%
10 4.52%
#25: empirefantasy
0.90%
2 0.90%
Total 221 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #19: Spriting Challenge - VOTING
Oh they all look so amazing :-)
Thanks given by:
i liked the 7th one because he is more muscular than others
haahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha..........

Need more ppl who can sprite backgrounds and weapons
Our TLOK Mod Site: http://legendofkorralf2.shivtr.com/
Thanks given by:
I'm kinda disappointed from this contest. Seriously, i thought that you guys make something really special. You know, surely it's official forum contest. Even on revamped sprites i saw much better works. Nothing here isn't good enough to be later on main site. Luti said that my sprite could get 2nd or 3rd pace. LOL! I spritng from 2 months? maybe less? Some of you spriting by some years, and you can't make something better than me. Maybe somebody here is just lazy and you don't wanna make anything better because of laziness? Anyways i decided that i don't vote for nobody.

Just remember, i don't wanna offend you, these sprites are good, but not enough good.
The most I like 1# (mundvoll?) and 20# (Luti?), also like 10# (TLGM?) because it probably his best sprite so far.

But all i all - please make something better next time.

Thanks given by: Marko pro
this is because this contest was done by 25 people, not all spriters, some who are good, and other newbie spriters who are just trying their best
[Image: Blaze340.gif]
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2012, 03:34 PM)The Hari Wrote:  please make something better next time.
please give some helping comments on each - how to be better for you next time?
on the more simple sprites: where should the creator start to improve and how?
on the more complex sprites: what exactly is bothering you, how would you improve that?

edit: also i think most of our best spriters actually didn't compete here
Thanks given by: Apocalipsis , Bamboori , MnM
@The Hari
you´re expecting/complaining too much. most of the users even cant make their own char (see LFE Charlist, about 90% are recolored chars), and not everybody have time/mood to sit 20h on one sprite.
and yeah, your latest sprite was make on 200 pixel or even more, but these here are only 79x79. even you made a godly sprite, after resizing its only half as good cause of lack of pixel.
you´re spriting since 2 months? i´m prette sure your hobby/job is something with drawing so you got some experience about it. a experienced drawer without knowhow about sprites may be better than a spriter since 10-20 months.
besides experience you may have photoshop and tablet, some users still draw with mouse and paint.
you see, not every body have the tool/knowhow to be good as you like.
Thanks given by: The Hari , Gespenst , Sonic Boom
Ah, i said:
(06-06-2012, 03:34 PM)The Hari Wrote:  these sprites are good, but not enough good.
I don't see any irregulary in technical side. I just mean that i saw better sprites in his sprites threads. It's hard to say what exactly is wrong. As i said it's just my feeling, because i expexcted something more. Maybe something more in design. Damn... You confused me by your post, but you're right - i should explain my opinion. Seroiusly i don't know what should i say. There is lack of epicness, don't you have this feeling - when you looking at some sprite and you know that it have "this". Sorry i really try, but i can't explain what is missing.

but this part about our best spriter. it's true, but actually we don't have too much pro spriter on forum. apoc, luti, mundvoll, whaat, lf2timme1, You, (i think that you have works there) and who else? only DH, alectric and gad

@JustMe: thanks for c&c, i know i complaining tooooo much

Edit:
(06-06-2012, 04:39 PM)YinYin Wrote:  + siegvar, sheldee, prince_freeza, hell_fighter, chishio and the list goes on ...
OMGOSH, how can i forget, i'm an idiot, really sorry guys.
Oh, "Sheldee" - i don't know this guy

Thanks given by: Marko pro
+ siegvar, sheldee, prince_freeza, hell_fighter, chishio and the list goes on ...

count them all together - you'll get a good bunch
Thanks given by: Gespenst , LutiChris , Apocalipsis , Marko pro
The Hari Wrote:Luti said that my sprite could get 2nd or 3rd pace. LOL! I spritng from 2 months? maybe less? Some of you spriting by some years, and you can't make something better than me.

Implying that Luti can succesfully predict the results of the poll.
Imho, the sprite he was talking about is not really that epic (technically and design-wise). It would at most get to 4th place.

The Hari Wrote:Maybe somebody here is just lazy and you don't wanna make anything better because of laziness?

I just hope you have a sprite in the poll, otherwise I don't see why are you complaining about people's lazyness and/or quality of the entries. If you have one I should expect it to be top positioned, if the rest of us can't make something better than you.

Edit: Just want to clarify, that I'm not trying to be offensive. I just want to express that there's a difference between thinking that you can win and winning.
Thanks given by: Gespenst , LutiChris , Bamboori
I think it heavily depends on what you want. Sure, we haven't got any sprite like
for this contest. But to tell the truth, I have seen enough of those giant/epic sprites recently. I personally prefer a more simple, yet refined sprite for a change. Perhaps with a smooth animation like YinYin's. It might not blow your head like some of the oversized sprites, but it doesn't show any less of the spriter's skill.
You don't have to go up to eleven with your amp to make good music, or so to speak.

And yes, Siegvar, Chishio etc. have been missing as well.
Thanks given by: Apocalipsis , Gespenst , Bla bla bla 44 , MnM