Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Sketchbooks
Some feets or foots

[Image: uf8kq2k.jpg]
Useful
Thanks given by: Bamboori , Gad , Marko , koori
Don't know if I have posted this one or no.
[Image: 12079226_1510970652548309_33965252283968...e=57459260]
Useful
Thanks given by:
Did some quickie with two covers for my comic series. Both are just ideas for chapters, none of the pages are actualy made so far.

So, here they are.
[Image: tLaWLIA.png]
Some brief plot about chapters.

"7" - don't mind phrase "4Directions"
In this chapter the guy on the cover is looking for the thug who run away and the guy don't know where to go.

"8" - In this chapter he already catched thug but the new challenger appears.

So, what do you think about these two? :)
Useful
Thanks given by:
I feel the composition is a bit lacking. The left one could benefit from some elements in the fore- and background to give it both a sense of scale and/or to emphasize his "where should I go"-stance. As for the right, you probably got quite heavily inspired from all sorts of anime/manga covers/posters, seeing that this kind of multi-character-placing is quite common. Again, try to mess around with the composition a bit, as there is a bit too much empty space for me at the moment. For example, the two people at the front could be placed a tad closer to the viewer in order to cover the white space.

So, basically, it looks quite interesting but try to build up a strong compo for ultimate awesomeness ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Gespenst , LutiChris
Thanks
So, as the 7 plot is at the park, so maybe I should try with a crossroad or adding some bushes and trees?

8. Yeah, something like that. As for this as you have already understood, I was trying to make the reader/vewier think "Who is this guy with no head?" "That 2nd guy, is he running or fighting"(That question might appear if you would know the context from the chapter 7) "Why That guy looks with no emotions) and stuff.
So, how about this then?
[Image: WwXeOki.png]

Useful
Thanks given by: LutiChris
Feels a bit right-heavy and having an odd contrast now. I hope you don't mind me scribbling a bit:

[Image: ys9VV3X.jpg]

The red line is a socalled "Fibonacci-spiral". Aligning things on this line looks aesthetically pleasing to the eye. By placing objects into the foreground, one can create depth in the image. Even if it's just a bush like in the left image. The left tree has been placed to stop the viewer's eye from wandering off the image whereas the character is put between two trees (not in front of it to prevent overlapping shapes). Additional leaves here and there for a bit more green-feeling.

As for the right, similar principles apply. I would show the backside of the headless dude just because it looks nicer and makes more sense in my opinion. As an additional idea, I thought it would look quite cool to place "Mixture" behind the characters. It should still be readable, even though the bottom right number (which, itself, serves as a method to prevent the viewer's eyes wandering off the canvas) implies that the reader should know by now what this is all about.

As a general rule of thumb, try to oppose darks with brights. Contrasting elements usually go quite well together. With your last version, this is not necessarily given. The second guy is much easier to notice in front of the dark building than the foremost character. Giving objects a stroke is not enough for balancing; having contrast is crucial for scene-buildup. Also, the overlapping shapes form weird lines between front dude and third chap. Try to avoid those as much as possible.

Hope these tips help a bit ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Jahvansi
selfie
[Image: fMR9lwI.png]
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: Gespenst
Good pose but I think that she kind a look flat, not boobs or anything but somehow flat, mostly the side where her arm is down,
Useful
Thanks given by: Ariel
I've been sketchy sketch sketching some stuffs

click img for full res if interested
a.k.a firzenx or X.
Deviantart| Arts |sprites|FaceBook
Thanks given by:
I took a picture last year with some guys selling some vegan sandwiches in the dc area. Here's some concept art i came up with

A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: Marko , Bamboori , Ariyan , koori