Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about tablets and traditional drawing
? 
Hy,im a long fan of this game and this comunity and ive been trying to learn how to draw and i think im on my way to spriting and animating but theres a huge problem,over the course of years ive been trying to adapt to my graphic tablet but its just unconfortable my hand hurts and i cant seem to get good precision with it either,for me drawing a caratcter on paper lasts like maximum of a 1 min depending on the complexity of the caracter but when it comes to my dear graphic tablet i have to undo and redo over and over again and its just a mess.

Is it my fault or is it because the graphic tablet is just crappy?i mean i didnt spent a ton of money on it i bought it for like 50$ plus minus,i know i cant expect much from it but the experience im having with it is just crappy and i cant animate with it because animation takes precision to a whole new level.when it comes to ilustration it does its job preety normaly but i feel like if i had photoshop on my papers i wouldve definetly animate better but i cant get anything done.Any sugestions?

ps ive come to this comunity as i know i can count on you guys.
Thanks given by:
Hey Juliano, welcome to the forums.

I understand your difficulty. Mostly if you want to reduce time and speed up the process ( talking about creating a character ) , according to me it's better if you could get more accustomed to the tablet because it lowers the hassle of scanning and then re-drawing and stuff. However scanning and re-drawing could be awesome if you are doing a stand-alone sprite.

I know tablet can be a little pain in the butt at the beginning but when you are get used to it, you'll be doing pretty much everything in tab. Probably you can adjust your tablet setting? ( There are two options like pen mode and mouse mode. Pen mode is preferred for drawing. You might want to take a look into it ) . A cheaper tablet does have it's own limitation. Getting the base version of wacom tablets might help you a bit if you are worried about pressure sensitivity and stuff.
a.k.a firzenx or X.
Deviantart| Arts |sprites|FaceBook
Thanks given by:
(11-17-2017, 11:04 PM)MnM Wrote:  Hey Juliano, welcome to the forums.

I understand your difficulty. Mostly if you want to reduce time and speed up the process ( talking about creating a character ) , according to me it's better if you could get more accustomed to the tablet because it lowers the hassle of scanning and then re-drawing and stuff. However scanning and re-drawing could be awesome if you are doing a stand-alone sprite.

I know tablet can be a little pain in the butt at the beginning but when you are get used to it, you'll be doing pretty much everything in tab. Probably you can adjust your tablet setting? ( There are two options like pen mode and mouse mode. Pen mode is preferred for drawing. You might want to take a look into it ) . A cheaper tablet does have it's own limitation. Getting the base version of wacom tablets might help you a bit if you are worried about pressure sensitivity and stuff.
ty for reply,my tablet is from wacom its called one.and it may be just me trying to get used to it even tho im trying it for like years xD.im planing to draw things scan them and than get it on pc so i can work with it on tablet.again ty for reply i knew i could count on you guys
Thanks given by:
what can be irritating is not directly seeing what you draw where you draw. this can be solved with tablet pcs or drawing tablets with a screen, but be sure to try thos out in a local lectronics shop display to see if that's actually whats bothering you. i for myself can draw much better on my tablet pc than on the drawing tablet, but it's still a very different experience than drawing on paper.
Thanks given by:
If you plan on getting serious with digital drawing/painting, you might want to invest a few more bucks into a good tablet. Doesn't have to be the latest (I myself still use a Wacom Intuos 3 (pre-pre-pre-predecessor of nowadays' "Intuos Pro") that I bought back in 2008), a model from a few years back is just as good while being much cheaper than a brand new one.

Generally, a good tablet with a display (which, of course, seems more natural to use) is several times more expensive than the non-display counterpart. However, it just takes a bit time getting used to not look where you draw but at the screen instead. I know about several professionals who use non-display tablets exclusively and still earn their bread with those. Just a matter of practice ;)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
When i started drawing with tablet it was terrible XD so if you feel more comfy drawing with paper, draw with paper.
If you have the possibility to scan your drawings (or take a picture with your phone), you could start by coloring your drawings with tablet, when you are more used to the usage of tablet, maybe you can start sketching with it too.

Atleast that's how it was for me : 3
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
If you are just starting with tablet - I'd recommend buying a 100$ huion. These work pretty nice for a start.
Wacooms are very expensive and buying it just for testing is kinda useless. Especially that for 100$ you can't get any real toy, only the ones that are not bigger that your hand, which makes no sense.
Thanks given by: