Poll: What is/are your favorite background(s)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Alectric: Ducktopia
13.89%
20 13.89%
MH-Razen & Apocalipsis: Olympia
17.36%
25 17.36%
Blue Phoenix: Acherontic
19.44%
28 19.44%
lf2TimmE1: JulianCave
4.86%
7 4.86%
LutiChris & Bamboori: Scientist's Lair
7.64%
11 7.64%
Marshall: Vallenfyre
16.67%
24 16.67%
Monolith: Sunset at marina
3.47%
5 3.47%
mundvoll_: Crystal Cave
4.86%
7 4.86%
Reaper: Troll's Awakening
3.47%
5 3.47%
YinYin & Chishio: Toad Stool
8.33%
12 8.33%
Total 144 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #16: Background challenge - VOTING
Now that Monolith has mention some feedbacks. I think I play these BGs with some other bgm if it fit, like julian cave fits to the 3rd bgm from RN-LF2. BP fits with the bgm boss1.........
I think I'll vote tomorrow.
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Thank You All and Farewell
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
Ducktopia by Alectric
It's a nice bg,but i don't see where is BOSS.Also nice drawings.

Olympia by Apocalipsis & MH-Razen
I have to say great words for it.Sky looks magic.It's really awesome.Mountains looks good,while Gods looks fantastic.
DC techniques are advanced and they create an exciting atmosphere.A small critic for them: before they appeared, a shadow is appeared in the field.

Acherontic by Blue Phoenix
Good at drawing part and nice DC trick in that bridge.When i opened the dat file then i understood how you did it.

JulianCave by lf2TimmE1
Very related to the topic,but i dont like stones.You have't draw them very well.

Scientist's Lair by LutiChris & Bamboori
Maybe this bg is related more with a funny topic rather than final boss.There are nice drawing of doctors and other weird stuffs in there.But still nothing fantastic.

Vallenfyre by Marshall
You leave the forum for about 1 week and then you come with an amazing entry!
Atmosphere of this bg fantastic.Also you could make z-area a few more wide in down area.

Sunset at marina by Monolith
Ground is nice but sky is just one picture,so it doesn't give a emotional atmosphere.
Also i dont see the relation with "boss" topic.

Crystal Cave by mundvoll_
That cave is awesome in the first moment,but when i walk or run,DC problems are appeared.And again i don't see the relation with "boss" topic.Maybe it that there is place where boss live?

Troll's Awakening by Reaper
That hand effect is a good idea but that's the only thing that can make the rating high.Drawings aren't the best.Also you could add catching with that hand.

Toad Stool by YinYin & Chishio
Drawing is very well and that bee is boss which attacks you.Related to the topic and good idea.

General view:
BG-depend actions is becoming popular.3 of 10 bgs used it,which means 30%.
The last bg contest had only 2 of them,in 9 entries,which means 22%.

In most of bgs drawing quality was good.Sometimes entries was "a few" off-topic.
Anyways good entries in general.

I couldn't participate,because i was busy,even i did half of the work.Maybe a day i will finish my bg and present it.

And after thinking which is the best bg,i decided to vote for Olymiia by Apoc & MH and for Volleyfire by Marshall.
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2011, 04:16 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  Sunset at marina by Monolith
Ground is nice but sky is just one picture,so it doesn't give a emotional atmosphere.
Also i dont see the relation with "boss" topic.
sorry,then u havent read that
Quote:this is Rento Background
U see,boss bg dont need to be dark,crazy place,some boss have calm places,
Quote:sky is just one picture,so it doesn't give a emotional atmosphere.
how many sky pictures u want from me,5?realy...
when u fighting vs boss u need to control ur emotion,if u let emotions to control u,then its deadend for u

@v~Dome~,thats what im trying to say,but in other meaning...
Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2011, 04:41 PM)Monolith Wrote:  
(11-09-2011, 04:16 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  this is Rento Background
U see,boss bg dont need to be dark,crazy place,some boss have calm places,

thats crap. if you argue like that, every background can be a boss background.

However, I voted for:

Ducktopia
Olympia
Acherontic
Scientist's Lair
Vallenfyre

Every entry was great though!

My favorite one is Olympia. The athmosphere you created is just amazing! Especially the sky in the back is so well sprited and animated. Awesome job you two did here :)

I wanted to participate too, but I had too much stress lately. Well there is always a next one :D

[Image: Link.jpg]
| Arcanis | Dome | Kai [-finished-] | Drawings |

active again.
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Apocalipsis , Electric2Shock
whoever wins this contest - I`ll submit every background from the contest to LFE Mainsite. Like Marshall said - the quality of the entries is really great :)

PS: WOuld just be nice if I get help with the descriptions from the creators, just pm me :)
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock
You know what, I voted for everyone. The quality of each one of the BGs is really good. However, even though Monolith has given an arguable excuse for his calm BG, I still dont get the relation between his BG and how a boss lair SHOULD look, actually.
I am not saying his background is bad. I really liked the quality but because of the theme specifications, I didnt find it satisfactory.
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
that bee remind me in bg this waps [Image: wasp.png]-from spriter resources
Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by:
My votes went to
Olympia for great sprites (god, I thought that one statue from the screenshot was awesome, then I saw the other ones and the serpents), an atmosphere that really befits an epic boss fight and interesting and gameplay enhancing dynamic effects. + The sky animation, omg
and
Acherontic for a great atmosphere and "mood" and all those small details like the spiked mountain, the swinging skeleton, the glowing citadel and the bridge.
Major probs to YinYin and Chishio for creativity and Marshall for general awesomeness (sadly I just love lots of parallax scrolling)

(11-10-2011, 10:07 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  whoever wins this contest - I`ll submit every background from the contest to LFE Mainsite.
Not quite sure if I actually want to see my background on the mainsite :P. I just feel like I could (and should) do better.

Thanks given by: Apocalipsis , Silverthorn
My Vote:
Blue Phoenix: Acherontic
Nice idea with the unique cc, nice sprites, good theme, just a good background

Marshall: Vallenfyre
I just like the Marshall backgrounds, well made :)

YinYin & Chishio: Toad Stool
I dont vote because of the sprites, but the type 3 / id100-199 combination is rarly used, I remember it from Kate LF2, so a vote cause of this dc stuff
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: Silverthorn , Electric2Shock
Only for BP. It seems to be worth the gold medal, in my opinion.
Thanks given by: Silverthorn