Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alf2: current state - insights
[Image: xbznzl.gif]
these will only appear in stage mode to not clutter the vs mode with too many objects
creating this was actually much harder than the other two

next up: item crate part 3 or a deep combo
Thanks given by:
Well while we're already at it, i'll choose item crate part 3. :)

Looking at the sprites, Julian seems to be the only one difficult to make a heavy attack for. Knight could get a nice shield bash and if you'd switch LouisEX' hand position (which is pretty easy to handle), he could perform a pretty cool spear swing.

Also, I guess the reason that you have to block, after you destroy the armor-crate is because you used Louis' original transform state (was it a state? I don't remember) to create the armor? If I remember correctly, that state also create two palm attacks.
Thanks given by:
(08-29-2011, 10:59 AM)Lauli Wrote:  Also, I guess the reason that you have to block, after you destroy the armor-crate is because you used Louis' original transform state (was it a state? I don't remember) to create the armor? If I remember correctly, that state also create two palm attacks.
Yea,state 9996.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 17shvc.gif]
stage mode only
no more spare bottles being scattered around and opponents stealing your milk when you wanted to save it for later
as long as these boxes aren't broken you don't have to worry too much

next up: explosive crate or woody knee dash
Thanks given by:
Let's see Woody's knee dash ;)
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Explosive crate!
Let's fill this with crates.
  • [Image: 33ys5ch.png]
EDIT: OH NINJA! NOW I CREATED THIS PIC FOR NOTHIN'
EDIT2: His hand looks like a pe-...
Thanks given by: YinYin , Bamboori , bashscrazy , Jahvansi , LutiChris
[Image: 2d18l76.gif]
>>+JA(simultaneous)
useless for combos
good for hitting multiple opponents

next up: stage 1 places or stage 2 places
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2ajb6n6.png]
Haha, okay. Ragebuilder is fun.

The knee dash is nice I think. Just that he switches his position way too quickly. It needs to be smooth. Smooooth.
I don't know, maybe if you take this sprite and rotate it a bit, it might fit perfect for a quick transition frame.

Explosive crate.
Stage 2 places.
Thanks given by: YinYin , Bamboori , LutiChris
[Image: 14lq9u8.gif]

next up: a guessing game!
each of these stages will feature a hero as the boss and army character(s) helping him out

guess who they are for each of these three sub stages
also choose what you want to see next:
explosive crate, john JA action or a deep combo
guess the most characters right and your pick will be posted
(hint: one boss doesn't need any minion help, so you only have to guess 5 characters)
Thanks given by: Ariel , LutiChris
Whoa whoa. Whoa. Awesome background adittions! Transition is nice! Cool titles!
Whoa. Whoa.

How about adding an additional tree-row to the bottom of Lion Forrest?
  1. [Image: sqkrgi.png]
I think that helps to sell the fact that you're actually in a forrest, and not on a grass road with dense-as-fuck trees to the left and right.
Also, if you don't care about parallax scrolling too much (which I think you do a lot) you could change the sky setting to a mix between the highway-red and the forrest green/blue.
I don't know, it bugs me that there's such a sudden change in sunlight.

Hey are you going to add special entrances to the enemies? I could imagine someone climbing up the sides of the highway, or even some Hunters hiding in the trees, haha.

Okay, my guesses are...
Bat on the Highway, Henry with Hunters on the Mainland and John with Sorcerers in the Forrest.
And now you take a wild guess what I want to see next, haha.
Thanks given by: YinYin