Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alf2: current state - insights
(08-25-2011, 07:06 AM)Lauli Wrote:  The Davis run charge in the first post, if I'm not mistaken.

You said you will create a new thread about "Louis run grap". What's so special about this one?
Also wouldn't it be totally cool if a Palm-attack could extinguish ground fire? I might even will try that out myself.

Ooh.. that's quite an interesting idea. I don't suppose it'd be that difficult either. A well coordinated bdy and itr group of tags between the two should do the trick. In fact, seeing as how palm-attacks are one of the very few attacks that hit weapons on the ground.. you could even simply put a low lying bdy tag to let it react as weapons would.

Although, this would mean stuff like Julian's soul bomb, firen's explosion, freeze's icicles etc all will have the ability to erase groundfire. Then again, that might actually be nice too. Just gotta check and see if there are any exceptions that don't really fit.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2whgfb4.gif]
DvA+D>A
actually not quite
if you try to perform it that way the opponent will drop too early to be hit by the palm
so its not that easy

next up: louis run grab or item crate part 2
Thanks given by: LutiChris
louis run grab
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
So are you using the sprites from 1.9? These LouisEx sprites look pretty dirty to be honest :P
You should clean those up.

Regarding the extinguishing:
I'd convert the ground fire to a weapon, add itr/kind: 10 or kind: 15 to the "projectile". The in_the_sky frames are the frames where the fire gets extinguished.
That way there is no hit lag for the palm attack AND there can be a nice animation for extinguishing.
Thanks given by:
the cleaning is already done - also 2.0 sprites weren't any cleaner

and i will not turn the ground fire into a weapon because that would require a new object
i will instead give an invisible tail to every palm which will kill all hp of any ground fire - thus blowing it out - the animation there is already fitting i think
Thanks given by:
also make freezes ww take it out :D
Thanks given by:
[Image: wt6lvq.gif]
>>DA

should he instead have an energy less thunder punch on this action similar to the dash attack? (see lowmpasdihnfaiowejfn)
or is this run grab better?
please vote here and tell me what you think

next up: john amulet power
Thanks given by:
John amulet power

Okay, will you add black bars? Those that additionally cover anything that reaches out of the BG. LouisEX' jumps or Julians column. There might be more.

(With "black bars" I actually meant clubs exlusively for people with dark skin. If one of the Little Fighters enters the BG, then the BG automatically spawns thousands of doormen that will try to kick you out. OMG, STAGE 5 IDEA!!!)
Thanks given by:
i have decided to spoiler this feature because i consider it to be of similar weight as the fusion or louisEX
all following features that are somehow tied to this will also just be named amulet power part 2, 3, 4 and so on
so if i have made you eager enough already and you can't wait for a release or don't care about spoiling yourself go ahead and view it (possibly just to be disappointed :p)

next up: firen diagonal fire blasts or john JA action
Thanks given by: Bamboori
firen diagonal fire blasts

I'm in a firy mood standing in the heat all day.
Thanks given by: