Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alf2: current state - insights
ah i see, my bad I have misread it.
To fire/ice affinity: where is the downside? I am sure you have thought about it. Fire gives Ice more damage and on the other hand Ice gives Fire less damage. naturally. Pretty sure you have taken that into account, so are you going to implement it or are you leaving it out, if so I would like to know the reasons.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
(07-28-2011, 11:43 AM)Phil Wrote:  ah i see, my bad I have misread it.
To fire/ice affinity: where is the downside? I am sure you have thought about it. Fire gives Ice more damage and on the other hand Ice gives Fire less damage. naturally. Pretty sure you have taken that into account, so are you going to implement it or are you leaving it out, if so I would like to know the reasons.

Well, if you wanted to implement a Pokemon-like system of resistance/weakness, you would need to have more elements than just Ice and Fire.
If Fire gives Ice more damage and Ice gives Fire less damage, then Fire is obviously at advantage since it has no weakness. You'd need to introduce f.e. Water to give a weakness to Fire, then Lightning to give a weakness to Water and finally Earth to give a weakness to Lightning etc. etc.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2uz58xu.gif]
that fourth kick gets powered up if you press the opposite direction and then has a chance of bouncing the enemy if you were attacking him from the front
which allows you to add a fifth kick

otherwise the shrafe stays normal

next up: louis power up
Thanks given by:
well. It acquires a good deal of timing. You have to hit him with a ice ball shortly before he starts his arctic vulcano. then he gets frozen but still executes his moves and deals himself damage.
I myself haven't been able to do it yet but ramond has been able to do it a couple of times.
to the woody issue: indeed you are right.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: YinYin
Are you showcasing the new features in any particular order?
Which other characters have an attack that makes bouncing possible? (I could imagine Deep with a stronger version of D^JA that makes a character bounce. That would... visually enhance the strength of the attack. Eh, whatever.)
Are there any gameplay features that you thought about, but never could completely add it to the game without bugs, whatsoever?I like this thread, especially the part with asking questions about the mod!
Thanks given by:
the bounce reminds me of a gif you recorded and posted long ago of Julian's hammer fist and the opponent bouncing :D
you don't want to see this (Click to View)
the other by xFire
Thanks given by:
I love the tiny technical stuff you're doing with these characters. That's the kind of natural evolution I expected out of LF2's successors.

Really though, sometimes I feel you're better off if you were a programmer, and weren't limited by only doing mods.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Eddie
This all is based on data changing?

(07-29-2011, 08:42 AM)Siegvar Wrote:  Really though, sometimes I feel you're better off if you were a programmer, and weren't limited by only doing mods.
Well, if we had a source code of LF2 there would already some nice upgrades, and I bet Yin would take a part in upgrading too.
We all regret that it's not possible (yet?).
By the way, has anybody ever asked Marti or Starsky for the source code?

Thanks given by:
(07-29-2011, 08:58 AM)Gad Wrote:  By the way, has anybody ever asked Marti or Starsky for the source code?

AFAIK yes, and I believe they were denied.

Anywayz, since Marti sold the rights to U1 Techonology, the source code is officially off-limits for mortals like us.

Thanks given by:
[Image: 2v7xpwo.gif]
input: JA (simultaneous)
1 power up is roughly one more normal punch the armor can take

@Phil: thats awesome, it should still work
@Marshall (Click to View)

next up: a deep combo
i think i will never run out of those

edit: @Gad: yes
Thanks given by: