Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different stage for each character
When it was 2008 (I think) I thought about that: each character have his stage.Mean if you play with woody you will have a story of woody,but if you play with davis you will have a different story in stage.
I didn't know about stories in stage and I had an imaginary LF2 with:

Vs Mode
Stage mode
character stage mode (I never found a name for that)
1 on 1....

Now,as I know this can be release in normal stage mode,maybe with stage chose.
Maybe it is very hard to create story stages for each char but,just for 5 heroes,while other heroes and other characters can see "unauthorized character ".

What do you think about that?!

Released.
Read this post to see how it works (with a bug): http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...#pid125310
And this post without bug: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...#pid130293

Here is an study example: http://www.mediafire.com/?77uov1h1vrce9wp
Thanks given by: Sonic Boom
Well thats possible [for me] by both HEXing and DCing. You have to make 5 [or how much stories you want] different stage.dat files add one more feature named Character Story Mode. Add a new column in the Match Options and Specific things in the Resources. Well though if you are thinking to do it then all the best!
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
(04-27-2011, 12:00 AM)empirefantasy Wrote:  When it was 2008 (I think) I thought about that: each character have his stage.Mean if you play with woody you will have a story of woody,but if you play with davis you will have a different story in stage.
I didn't know about stories in stage and I had an imaginary LF2 with:

Vs Mode
Stage mode
character stage mode (I never found a name for that)
1 on 1....

Now,as I know this can be realized in normal stage mode,maybe with stage chose.
Maybe it is very hard to create story stages for each char but,just for 5 heroes,while other heroes and other characters can see "unauthorized character ".

What do you think about that?!
Yeah Its really a good idea!
But, wouldn't it take too much of time for loading the game?
And Why are you only saying about 5 chars there are 9 heroes I think so the remaining 4 will be kinda isolated from the story.

Thanks given by:
@ sonic
have you seen Advanced DC in mainsite,stage chose? There are just 2 choses,so number 9 scared me.
This would not take too much time to load the game.
5 playable chars may be woody,davis,dennis,rudolf and henry,others are devi,so tag "this char is not allowed" is appeared when you play with them or with multi characters.Go and whatch it in ADC stuffs in mainsite.
Thanks given by:
Hey if you don't want to get too fancy with story or anything, you can actually DC all of it.

Not an entire stage mode of course, but the survival-stage could do the same job I guess?
Thanks given by:
(04-27-2011, 05:03 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  @ sonic
have you seen Advanced DC in mainsite,stage chose? There are just 2 choses,so number 9 scared me.
This would not take too much time to load the game.
5 playable chars may be woody,davis,dennis,rudolf and henry,others are devi,so tag "this char is not allowed" is appeared when you play with them or with multi characters.Go and whatch it in ADC stuffs in mainsite.

Hey Plz Plz Plz Add Freeze to the character selection.
Thanks given by:
Make all 9 main heroes story,because then some will be main chars and others be secondary chars not main
Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by:
@Monolith
first of all,LF2 has 10 heroes +1 template.

I need to find a way if I it is possible how to do it,maybe 20th June,when school end.Then I will create a MOD with your preferences and you will play it all this year.(this would be the most awesome and unusual stage!)
Thanks given by:
(04-27-2011, 05:33 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  @Monolith
first of all,LF2 has 10 heroes +1 template.

I need to find a way if I it is possible how to do it,maybe 20th June,when school end.Then I will create a MOD with your preferences and you will play it all this year.(this would be the most awesome and unusual stage!)

well firen and freeze i counted as one,because they can fusion in firzen.i don't counted template.well if you won't make that mod until years end then i will be angry,and world domination plan :) (about plan i think)
Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by:
This will take serious time and effort, though feasible.

The actual hard part is probably coming up with the individual stories rather than getting the thing to work. See, if you do the individual stories, you're looking for making more backgrounds and possibly more characters. Instill a friendly rivalry, intertwine several stories into one another, causing two or more characters to react, finally leaving them to the main stage.

You could call it 'background stories', or 'background stages' as a name, considering it's got character backgrounds and such.

If you DO end up achieving this, make sure the stories are long enough to survive a playthrough and aren't too repetative. I would hate to play through several characters, containing the same storyline or even a short storyline that could be finished in one scene...

Oh and if you achieve this, be warned... people will end up asking you to do the other characters like Julian.

Obvious mixes of storylines as someone mentioned earlier, firen and freeze. Rather than have the same beginnings, leave the endings more similar, a work together kind of thing. Say, Firen and Freeze have a great rivalry from the start, Firen was attacked by sorcerors casting ice spells for example. Land of frost (background needed) would then have Firen wage war to get revenge, eventually targeting freeze. Eventually, as they both go to run at each other in combat, BOOM. They become the mightiest warrior ever seen, a fusion of two powerful elements, such as ye olde lore had foretold.

If you need storyline help, you can message me, I can give you several idea's, if not write out complete stories for characters.

Good luck to you, I'm pretty sure that anyone else above has explained how you could go about achieving this task.

Yours faithfully,
Eddie
One day, I shall become, TUTORIAL-MAN: Superhero of writing overly long, overly annoying tutorials which most people probably won't read, but will give it a stab at the first 5 lines!
Thanks given by: empirefantasy , John Fighterli , AmadisLFE