Poll: Vote for the best
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Team 1
14.61%
13 14.61%
Team 2
37.08%
33 37.08%
Team 3
7.87%
7 7.87%
Team 4
0%
0 0%
Team 5
3.37%
3 3.37%
Team 6
17.98%
16 17.98%
Team 7
19.10%
17 19.10%
Total 89 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #14: Collaborative Spriting Challenge - VOTING
wow looks beautiful, the shading is just fantastic.
Nice entries everybody the all look amazing, i still feel sory for not collabing with doj (i just couldnt find the time) i wonder who he collabed with?

My fav ones r that big lion its pretty obvius who made it, the shading sais it all the way.
And tha reaper guy, team 1 is awesome to and that girl that looks like the one above ^
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Apocalipsis
I voted for:

Team 2- Words cannot describe the sprite's sheer awesomeness..

Team 3- Gave me a very much needed laugh.
If at first you don't succeed, you're probably not going skydiving again.
Thanks given by:
Team 1 - Whaat + ?
Dunno, It looks like Whaat's style.
Team 2 - Apoc + Chishio?
Obviously Apoc's shading style.
Team 6 - Alec + Prince_Freeza?
Obviously Alec's shading style.
Team 7 - Betin + ?
Obviously Betin's style.

Voted for 2 and 6.

And why aren't those sprites lf2-styled?
Thanks given by:
(03-16-2011, 12:29 PM)Gad Wrote:  And why aren't those sprites lf2-styled?

there's no rule that sais they hate to be, also i believe i said that i have withdrawn from this comp. So if any one else comments and tries to guess the team members, count me out.

Thanks given by:
I know that there is no rule. I'm just guessing, why aren't they? Aren't they supposed to be?
Thanks given by:
(03-16-2011, 01:07 PM)Gad Wrote:  I know that there is no rule. I'm just guessing, why aren't they? Aren't they supposed to be?

You probably have missed this trend during your absense. People have been deviating from the classic LF2-style and applying their own styles. Therefore, they have augmented their horizons, being able to implement tons of detail without any compromises.

And, adhering to the style of a game that has not changed its characters' design for roughly 10 years will not help in progressing. Going with the time, things get developed further and further. As an example, style-wisely, LF2 and HeroFighter-characters differ quite a lot. Marti hasn't stopped progressing either ;)

So yeah, the early contests had this clause because each individual's style differed way too much from the original. Nowadays, people have found their style; it's close to LF2, yet has an individual fingerprint. That is why it is useless to force them back to their track.

I definitely write too much...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , Apocalipsis , Alectric
(03-16-2011, 12:29 PM)Gad Wrote:  Team 1 - Whaat + ?
Dunno, It looks like Whaat's style.
Sorry if this is spoiling but i didn´t even take part to this contest xp
Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
@bp: exactly, why should we limit our abilities for lf2 style if we can achieve even better style. Dont get me wrong here. Lf2 style is awesome but lets say i entered this contes with lf2 style, i think i would have a 30% chance of wining. 50%maximum, and why u ask? Cuz it wont stand a chance against that lion for example.

Just had to prove my point.
Thanks given by:
Guys, I just wanted to say this is (or was) lf2 forum. I know only few users actually compares to original lf2 style.
I don't say it's wrong, but still this is lf2 forum so I tough sprites shouldn't be random-styled, at least in 'official' contests.
I don't force you to do it, but, you know my point.
Thanks given by:
The thing with LF2 style is that it's simple and gets the sprites done quickly. It's good for chars, but there is not much time/effort required to do them. I think Marti only needed a week to do one char without special attacks (or something like that). But if we are supposed to do just one sprite for a contest, it stops being just one frame of an animation and transform into a form of art, I think. Then it's obvious we will try to add as much detail and complexity as possible.

Edit: The double size rule also lures us into smashing even more details in.
Thanks given by: Alectric , Bamboori