Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
graphical chronology
I do sprite pretty often
but if I do I usually sprite for a whole sheet (and I am not really going to show off that third injured sprite I just made - woah look at that!)
or I just fail pretty hard on a new design, which then again does not even get a week of existence on my hard drive - let alone land here
also I already have way too many designs with a full concept requiring their share of a 140 sprites sheet to keep doing single sprite designs that would just spark more ideas I cannot realize with my time (and thats more than the ones you can see here because they are not always my design/character/sprite to begin with)

(12-16-2012, 12:20 AM)LutiChris Wrote:  what on earth is his left arm doing?
the index finger is pointing outwards and the rest of his hand has the fingers lowered a little from a clawed like position keeping the crimson sphere afloat
I also noticed it looks pretty akward as a still at this resolution because you cannot really make out the shape of his hand at a first glance (or if you just don't know)
if it still looks weird inside the animation later I will fix that but so far it actually fits if you know the frames around it
Thanks given by: drako
Who's best lf2 spriter?
This thread keeps me in my words.

And I don't get how you keep every graphic that you post that 'fresh'.
Thanks given by:
update
Thanks given by:
well, you said you sprite whole sprite sheets, does that mean Celsius also has a full sprite sheet? would like to play with him.
also who (or what) is the Julian like guy?

(if im not wrong, the guy with blue hand and red orb in the other is called Celsius?)
back from the dead.....kinda
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2013, 03:35 PM)Nyamaiku Wrote:  well, you said you sprite whole sprite sheets, does that mean Celsius also has a full sprite sheet? would like to play with him.
(if im not wrong, the guy with blue hand and red orb in the other is called Celsius?)
There is no full sheet, but he is planned out like Frena. Not as sharp yet (all basic and special moves being decided), which is why I never posted what I have planned for him. His general personality/fighting style/specialities are pretty defined though.

(12-03-2013, 03:35 PM)Nyamaiku Wrote:  also who (or what) is the Julian like guy?
That is in fact Julian, fully consumed by his mask:
[Image: b9828928e8eca8f7f2108d8d8f26414e.gif]
The plan for him is to be an enhanced Julian you would fight on the Brokeback Clif, maybe with a damaged Forbidden Tower in the background. I've had trouble doing the whole sheet because of his cape though.

The move set wouldn't differ at all (would actually use the original data with a secondary sprite sheet accessed via state 8052). So the irks that make him more powerful lie elsewhere.
Thanks given by: LutiChris
(12-03-2013, 03:56 PM)YinYin Wrote:  There is no full sheet, but he is planned out like Frena. Not as sharp yet (all basic and special moves being decided), which is why I never posted what I have planned for him. His general personality/fighting style/specialities are pretty defined though.

well.. awesome!
i hope to see his full sheets one day, i dig the sprite concept so far and the lf2 fashioned sprite gets me drooling to sprite something haha.
anyways, could you tell me more about this fella?
Quote:His general personality/fighting style/specialities

my next artwork should be about him (idk why dont ask me i just feel like drawing him lol) so any extra info would be appreciated (;

also, good luck on the character i do hope to see it finished one day.

[Image: B5PGcCR.png]
[Image: knTTal3.gif]
| SPRITES | BLAZE |

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 11:10 AM)onikage Wrote:  anyways, could you tell me more about this fella?
Quote:His general personality/fighting style/specialities
my next artwork should be about him (idk why dont ask me i just feel like drawing him lol) so any extra info would be appreciated (;
[Image: celsius_by_yinyin_falcon-d5r155s.gif]

I sprited him for a contest with the theme "fusion" and took elements from Deep and Louis. Now I would consider him to be a separate character and not a fusion though.
He is slightly taller than an average little fighter, but not as tall as Julian or Knight.

One of his arms is fully cladded in tight fitting armor (as opposed to Louis armour pieces that leave several gaps). It may be covering a larger part of his shoulder and chest below the shirt, but its main purpose is not extra defense. His other hand constantly toys around with a small crimson stone. The same material as the red gem on Louis' trident armor and Johns amulet. His special ability is that as long as said mineral isn't already magically tied to an object or person he can levitate small amounts and upon contact modify the shape and draw energy from it.

He mostly transforms the sphere into a light blade as seen in the gif above. Even though his body shape suggests him to be a rather slow and powerful fighter (which is true as long as he uses his bare hands), his sword play is faster than that of Rudolf.

For more powerful attacks he fuses the crimson sphere into the inner side of his armored elbow (there is a dent in the armor design for it to fit).
"Crimson Palm" or "Crimson Punch" may describe attacks he can perform that way. For this to work the unarmored hand needs to keep in touch with the armor, else the crimson sphere will emerge from it.
Thanks given by: onikage , Jahvansi
interesting.. the whole crimson stone/john/louis/julian thing is just interesting! reading every line makes me even more curious haha
i presume this is all a theory of yours? unless its official cause i haven't read it before..
also, this would make an awesome comic or lf2 mod idea i might add.

anyways, thanks for the much needed info now i got a clearer image in my head on how the artwork should be, you certainly create you characters with style YinYin, looking forward to see more from you (;
[Image: B5PGcCR.png]
[Image: knTTal3.gif]
| SPRITES | BLAZE |

Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 03:28 PM)onikage Wrote:  interesting.. the whole crimson stone/john/louis/julian thing is just interesting! reading every line makes me even more curious haha
i presume this is all a theory of yours? unless its official cause i haven't read it before..
Nothing official, just my personal headcanon. I think LFO events for example heavily conflict with it (and it's not like Marti wasn't present as this was created). Julian is portrayed way different there (also taking off his mask).
(12-04-2013, 03:28 PM)onikage Wrote:  anyways, thanks for the much needed info now i got a clearer image in my head on how the artwork should be, you certainly create you characters with style YinYin, looking forward to see more from you (;
Thanks. I'm looking forward to pictures of Celsius!
Thanks given by:
höhöhö I made you use the word headcanon °▽°
[Image: 9iIBpSl.gif]
Thanks given by: