Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weird bug in r-lf2
I'm using lf2 2.0a, haven't tested this on 1.9c yet...but there is this extremely disturbing bug that I've been experiencing. I'm also using windows 7. During gameplay, the images (character spirites and move sprites) MOVE in the right direction, but they FACE the wrong direction. They will always face rightwards, regardless of what direction they're moving in. So your character could be facing right, but moving towards the left of the screen...same thing with the moves. Interesting thing is, if I replace the r-lf2 .exe with the default .exe, the default sprites load properly, but all the new sprites of r-lf2 (such as new moves), still face the wrong direction.

Anyone have any idea what's happening? :( It's really frustrating...
Thanks given by:
This is not a "weird" bug.
I'm pretty sure most LF2 players know about the mirroring requirement...
Read about it here: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=3322 .
Hiding users' signatures and avatars was the best decision ever.
4ye 6anDy (Click to View)
We're watching you... (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
So what must I do to fix this? Do I have to create mirrored bitmaps of all the r-lf2 moves? Also, why is it when I use the default lf2 launcher, it loads the default mirrored sprites? Is it because the r-lf2 .exe does not know how to load these new mirrored bitmaps? And this also means, in the future, every time I install r-lf2, I have to experience this all over again?
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2010, 09:29 PM)gleipnir Wrote:  So what must I do to fix this? Do I have to create mirrored bitmaps of all the r-lf2 moves?
Yes.
Ive made a program for that.
Find it here.

(02-10-2010, 09:29 PM)gleipnir Wrote:  Also, why is it when I use the default lf2 launcher, it loads the default mirrored sprites? Is it because the r-lf2 .exe does not know how to load these new mirrored bitmaps?
Yes.
The new features of LF2 V2.0a is that it can load mirrored sprites. This way it solves the problem with stupid sprite problems in LF2 on some graphic cards (like mine).
The previous versions didnt have to include this feature because all the graphic cards at the moment didnt have such problems

(02-10-2010, 09:29 PM)gleipnir Wrote:  And this also means, in the future, every time I install r-lf2, I have to experience this all over again?
Yes.
Unless you save the mirrored sprites in a different directory and move them to the R-LF2 folder if you reinstall it.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: