Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Mine's Sprites
what i can do is that reduce its glow
[Image: bgnkalusqofmrayzo.png]
Thanks given by:
Lower the body's saturation, it so high around the edges, that or make the entire body the same color. Not the head or the hands though. Right now he looks like he is outlined in yellow. You should save a few different copies and mess around. What program do you use? If it contains layers You should use it. And is that the regular size you work at? I work at a higher scale then shrink it.

Not sure what look you want to give him either. If you're making a character its best not to just use a single color for the whole body. That makes it harder to create contrast for the arms and legs and all that.

[Image: bgnkalusqofmrayzo.jpg]

All I did was change the body's saturation, made the entire body the same color, and removed the saturation. All in about 5 mins using my laptop's track pad. Its really really easy to change saturations and stuff like that. Just select areas and adjust the hue/saturation, mess with the curves ect. ect. Colorize brushes work great in grey scales too.
[Image: 3rdslim.jpg]
[Image: DAslim.jpg]
[Image: Rocky.jpg]
[Image: Clidebanner.jpg]

Thanks given by:
i made another one i dont have faith in saturation it seems it destroyed it :(
This is also another crap think so:
[Image: bgnwt0x9rbakyczvo.png]
man no one replied! I made another one sprite but without head coz i am bad at drawing good shape heads:
[Image: bgoq0qh4sqamvjtes.png]
[Image: bgoq74xe6pi95vnok.png]
Thanks given by:
k now i rely made some good sprites i don care of this TP:
Dangerless:
[Image: bgoxdon7bdnezwiw4.png]
Scyther:
[Image: bgoxeov32oc50dv38.png]
Thanks given by:
You smudge blur burn dodge too much, its a good tool in photoshop but sometimes its better to have flat colors and maybe smudge the edge of it a certain points to blend it. Nice looking guy in red. The other two have a good color scheme, maybe not the green hair but thats just me. I dunno what's is up with all the spikes on the last dude though looks random and uncomfortable :) nice heads too, you said you're bad at heads but they look good

Thanks given by: Alectric
(02-14-2010, 12:12 PM)Trickityhouses Wrote:  I dunno what's is up with all the spikes on the last dude though looks random and uncomfortable

well what it is called as CREATIVITY! . Some have a clawed sword may be like a tiger CLAW!. U should be creatively thinking. this is not just to correct mistakes. U look the arts in the point of ur vision not my creativity.

Soory for being rude..
Thanks given by:
but with the armour you sprited for him he couldnt move his arm a tiny bit :P
Thanks given by: MnM
well then lets give him some freedom ::)
Btw hw abt my sprites BabooRi?
[Image: bgp1p49jmfiipng6c.png]
GAVE FREEDOM IN ! MINUTE... (thats bad for a colonial rule :))
Thanks given by:
(02-14-2010, 02:01 PM)firzenx Wrote:  
(02-14-2010, 12:12 PM)Trickityhouses Wrote:  I dunno what's is up with all the spikes on the last dude though looks random and uncomfortable

well what it is called as CREATIVITY! . Some have a clawed sword may be like a tiger CLAW!. U should be creatively thinking. this is not just to correct mistakes. U look the arts in the point of ur vision not my creativity.

Soory for being rude..

OK Let me explain. I'm not trying to be rude either.

There's a huge difference between creative thinking and then just coming up with random ideas and thoughts. I can smoke weed all day and do shrooms and then make what I see, it'll be crazy and unique and probably really cool but I didn't really THINK or CREATE anything.

It looks good and I usually think random things are cool.

But for something like sprites it just doesn't work. Random concepts and Ideas can work but not random objects. The point is, can you stick that on anything? Can't anyone come up with that? What's its purpose, its reason? You're not being creative you're just sticking things on him without thinking, not creating purposefully.

Most people think like kingdom hearts, random belts straps, buckles, big hair, crazy colors, pure insanity and it looks freaking cool, but to say creative, I don't think so.

P.S. I wasn't ripping on your creativity so don't rip on mine.

Thanks given by: MnM
why don't you just resize your sprites and make them lf2 size sprites?it looks good but a little thin.
Feel free to check out My Sprites
"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
Thanks given by: