Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multishot question.
Actually i don't know what you mean with frames exactly...
Frame numbers can't repeat, since the code will just use 1 of the frames them. You can change the order of frames by changing the "next:"-values and you can add as many frames (0-398) as you like.
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
I attemped to copy julian's explosion to firen's D ^ A . But I wasn't sucessful. What I did:

I renamed julian_ball2 to firen_ball2
I changed some info in firen_ball2, I just changed the sprites directions
I opened firen.dat, and after every "hit_Fa: 235" I added "hit_Ua: 386"
I copied all the frames from the explosion skill from julian.dat , those were starting from 310 and they ended around 322~. I changed all numbers to 386 - 398 from the copied "explosion" skill and I renamed it to "Armaggedon" just as a temporal name.

First it didn't work because I forgot to open firen_ball2 "explotion" for "Armaggedon". Now it works ! :D . Still, I'm wondering something; everytime I use D ^ A firen jumps forward with a kick and then he uses armaggedon. Any ideas? thanks!

Edit: Now i have another problem. I changed graphics from firen_col2.bmp . They are saved. In the .dat file from the new Armaggedon skill, I wrote "firen_col2.bmp" and it's not working. The skill is still using julian_col2 's graphics. Any ideas? thanks
Thanks given by:
At the jumpkick: I guess you forgot to change the PIC-number from the move. Actually, Juliean uses different sprites then Firen.
The sprite numbers Julian is using fit to explosion, but same number causes Firen to show wrong sprites.

Therefore i recommended you to copy FIRENS EXPLOSION and then just change the opoint (which causes the explosion) to the opoint of Julian.

@2nd Problem: Since you just copied Julians move, you have still the Julian_col-oid in the opoint of the move. You need to change it to the id of your Firen_ball2

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
1) I guess I'll have to make a new picture for frames for that special skill ? and then add it to the skill
2) Thanks, I could modify the sprite :)

New prob: "Couldn't create art surface" when I start the game. I just opened the ad sprite and painted it all black, because the ads were annoying me. How do I fix this? :P thanks!
Thanks given by:
@1) Nope, you can just change the pic numbers. The bmp-files contain the sprites. Usual files have 70 pics (0-69, 70-139 and so on). You just need to change the pic numbers from the Julian-Explosion frames into something that doesn't look like Firen is jumpkicking etc. F.e. Replace the picnumbers with some numbers of his usual Explosion move. (Actually that's the reason why i told you to copy Firen Explosion and just change oid)

@ArtSurface: This happens if you delete pictures or you mess up the bmp-part of a data file. Dunno what it has to do with the ads...

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
1) I did it and it worked, thanks! though, a little tiny problem still. He jumps when he uses the skill (doesn't jump but he starts to float and he does the skill and goes back again)

2) When i start the game a new error window opens, and it's called "sprite\sys\ad0.bmp" so I guess it does have something to do with it :P but I'll try to figure it out myself

Thanks again
Thanks given by:
1) This is because Julian is 20 px bigger then usual chars. Therefore the center-y value of all his frames is +20.
Just reduce EVERY center-y-value in Firen's data to 79, that should do the deal ^^

btw: theres a THANK button below each post

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: [MarcoNecroX]
Thanks! it worked. Lol I feel to newb asking lots of questions. Don't worry, I promise I will start learning fast. It's just that I currently have no time for testing too much or trying to find things by myself with common sence.

Next question: is there a flying tutorial? (for dummies would help) just answer y/n . I'm starting to feel bad for asking so many dumb questions ^^ . However I habe subquestions for this: is just a transformation to the character with extra blank pixels in the floor ? or does he really fly and get hit only via flying attacks? is it possible to give it a constant mana cost while being transformed? yeah I again asked lots of questions, :P
Thanks given by:
Yes, there are some in the forums/mainsite, just search ;)
And they aren't transformations, they fly for real :D

And what do you mean by that constant mana cost question? Didn't quite get that...
Thanks given by:
that while transformed you loose X mana per second (until you end up in 1 mana and then you either get untransformed automatically (I wouldn't know how to do this) or you keep flying but your mana is always at 0)
Thanks given by: