Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
[Character] Nino
(11-01-2009, 03:10 PM)Evil Sonidow Wrote:  Make his clothing more detailed, like a dragon design in his shirt and stylized boots.

I thought of that, but that would take ages... I'm a pretty lazy spriter. I like data changing better.. So adding details would be fine, if it's something simple. Or someone else could do it xD But not me :P
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
(11-01-2009, 03:19 PM)Neocrypt Wrote:  I thought of that, but that would take ages... I'm a pretty lazy spriter. I like data changing better.. So adding details would be fine, if it's something simple. Or someone else could do it xD But not me :P

...and exactly that is the reason why there are so few spriters. Only a hand full of people have actually the will to continue working on those things for longer. And that separates the experts from the newbs.
If you fear working on a spritesheet longer than a week, then spriting is definitely the wrong thing for you. Either take the time and become one of the few spriters around or become one of the seemingly endless quantity of "pseudo-spriters". Your choice.

I can only repeat ES's point: add details. I don't care what you add but I do care that you add something.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2009, 03:27 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  
(11-01-2009, 03:19 PM)Neocrypt Wrote:  I thought of that, but that would take ages... I'm a pretty lazy spriter. I like data changing better.. So adding details would be fine, if it's something simple. Or someone else could do it xD But not me :P

...and exactly that is the reason why there are so few spriters. Only a hand full of people have actually the will to continue working on those things for longer. And that separates the experts from the newbs.
If you fear working on a spritesheet longer than a week, then spriting is definitely the wrong thing for you. Either take the time and become one of the few spriters around or become one of the seemingly endless quantity of "pseudo-spriters". Your choice.

I can only repeat ES's point: add details. I don't care what you add but I do care that you add something.

Experts, newbs... Well, if that is your point of view, fine. I can make sprites, but it would take months and I will probably not finish them, than, as it would bore & frustrate me endlessly (I'm not a great spriter or anything, this character is just made by recoloring and copy/pasting).

From my point of view, there are 2 options..

- One is to beg good spriters to make sprites for me, something that would rarely happen. So I didn't do this.

- The second is to make my own character sprites, even though I think it is boring to make them. So I'm not going to spend months of work on it. A few weeks max is enough. Than I'd rather be such a "pseudo-spriter", whatever that may mean.

However, I agree he needs some detail.. Something that really fits the character. A dragon image on the clothes would be great. But that would take very long to do, besides, I can't sprite anything good from scratch, so I probably wouldn't finish it. So I'm happy with a character that has pretty much avarage sprites.. The data is more important to me. However, if there is any spriter interested in adding good detail to the clothes, I would be very grateful :)

Some kicks I sprited 2 days ago:
The kicks: 1st = long kick, 2nd = knee kick, 3th = head aiming kick

This move is not complete, more kicks will be added and the sprites will be used in a diffirent order.. And I will clear some dirty pixels. This is just for show and making a start at the data :)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Could a mod please move this topic to projects? :)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
o.k.
if this is your first char,
it`s awsome.
[Image: joshexsigcopy.png]

Thanks given by:
(11-07-2009, 12:45 PM)JoshEX Wrote:  o.k.
if this is your first char,
it`s awsome.

It's my second.. Made another one in 2004.

What I'm planning to do:
- sprite some more, and add these sprites to the existing moves
- make the moves look flashier
- change the jump attack

Today I'm going to make some more sprites.

Oh, I thought I updated the video.. Well, I will show a new video when I changed something major. Untill then, thanks for the replies I've had so far.

Is topic bumping allowed when you got something to add? Or do I have to report my post or something (I never used the report button before on any forum ^^")
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
Quote:[08:16] <BluePhoenix> you see these happy-pringles-guys nice red clothes
[08:16] <BluePhoenix> and then
[08:16] <BluePhoenix> there is this....
[08:16] <BluePhoenix> hair....

No, but even though his hairs are undescribable weird, his kicks and all you made so far are looking really good.
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2009, 10:37 AM)Lauli Wrote:  
Quote:[08:16] <BluePhoenix> you see these happy-pringles-guys nice red clothes
[08:16] <BluePhoenix> and then
[08:16] <BluePhoenix> there is this....
[08:16] <BluePhoenix> hair....

No, but even though his hairs are undescribable weird, his kicks and all you made so far are looking really good.

Little update:

First 3 attacks:

* I will heavily modify his triple kick.
* The kick fury will need some changes, too.. You can combo very easily with it. On the other hand, the last thing I did was making it cost 180 MP. So maybe it's not really overpowered this way :)

Moves still have to get flashier, will do that when I think of a way to do this :P

And I will change dash/jump/super attacks. Probably the regular punching, too.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by:
id make the fury kick cost less mp and make less damage. combo attacks shouldnt have so high mp costs.
Thanks given by:
I am making a new standing for my character. However, I can't get it perfected. So, any opinions on the new stance, and ways to improve it? And how can I improve his hands, because they are supposed to be flat/stretched instead of a fist.

[Image: Untitled-3.jpg]

If it doesn't suite standing enough, I may also use it as first sprite for a melee combo.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: