Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
[Char] Jules
hm ... do you think you could make it possible to aim with the d>a?
i know the dvz way wont work because of the way youve set up so many opoints
but maybe a few clever hit_Fa and dvx/y combinations can create a little auto aiming

ive just had this idea for an automatic locked health regain feature that would suit him very well as some kind of a boss character

basic idea is this
on low hp and full mp he will automatically pop out an energy skull for a head and heal himself back to close to full hp, maybe also rising his stamina for hes more close ranged

DC-Code:
<frame> 60 punch
   pic: 10  state: 3  wait: 2  next: 61  dvx: 2  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 42  centery: 79  mp: 6 hit_a: 300

<frame> 65 punch
   pic: 12  state: 3  wait: 2  next: 66  dvx: 2  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 26  centery: 79  mp: 6 hit_a: 300

<frame> 300 head_pop_ani
state: 8xxself mp: 500
opoint: selfhit -fall/bdefend -injury

works quite well and can also be tweaked everywhere
the mp in 60/65 defines in which range the hp has to be (due to the regain)
and the mp of his other moves can make it more or less likely for him to have 500mp at some point

only problem is that normal punches use some mana now just like henrys and rudolfs do

and i think you wont like the design change he would go through :p

haha
Thanks given by: Lauli
Aiming with D>A... I've tried it once. I gave the acid-emmitter in its first frame state: 3000 so it could move up/down the z-axis. (I could play around with dvy: though, that might be useful)
For some reason, the acid-pond isn't forming a diagonal (?) line, but more some sort of arrow. I'll post pictures when I have time.

However, the automatic locked health regain feature sounds pretty sweet! I guess it could be pretty useful for the Railway Bridge and maybe some other project (which I haven't even started yet, haha) too.
I have some questions though.

Does this also work in stage mode, when jules would be a npc? Because as far as I know, the npcs don't have a mana limit, or something. Meight be wrong tough, haha.

I don't really understand the mp: 6 here. How would that mp: tag define if the character has low hp now? Doesn't it more have to do with... oh I don't know... mp, and not hp?

What would happen if I change the mp: 6 to, let's say, mp: 1 or mp: 20?
Thanks given by:
(07-15-2010, 07:58 AM)Lauli Wrote:  Does this also work in stage mode, when jules would be a npc? Because as far as I know, the npcs don't have a mana limit, or something. Meight be wrong tough, haha.

they do as far as i know - same as everyone else: 500mp
if they didnt julian would instantly kill you with more soulbombs than anyone could ever handle (you can try with the new cheat and F6)

(07-15-2010, 07:58 AM)Lauli Wrote:  I don't really understand the mp: 6 here. How would that mp: tag define if the character has low hp now? Doesn't it more have to do with... oh I don't know... mp, and not hp?

What would happen if I change the mp: 6 to, let's say, mp: 1 or mp: 20?

mp: 1
would probably make this available at 500hp already as mp regains fast enough for the hit_a to use 500mp
mp: 20
might make it fully impossible to ever activate it as even with 1hp the mp wont regenerate fast enough to 500

edit:
(07-15-2010, 07:58 AM)Lauli Wrote:  For some reason, the acid-pond isn't forming a diagonal (?) line, but more some sort of arrow. I'll post pictures when I have time.

actually i think that arrow looks great
it makes it look like the acid really is sprayed from straight to diagonal - like when you empty out a bucket of water in an arch
also i think its because of the order and distance you spawn the single objects in

only weird thing is the spawning point - as it moves away from the neck and the acid appears next to him
Thanks given by: Lauli
Ah, okay. I get the method now. Pretty clever actually.
  • [Image: things.png]
Makes the straight one look a bit boring, haha.

EDIT:
Actually I think I'll use the thing with Up/Straight/Down. Such a Up/Down-D>A would have a bigger area of effect.
Which is kinda cool I think :)
Thanks given by:
maybe try to shade it to make it look less boring?
just my opinion.
[Image: 2aGKf.png]

My Sprites

Signature Made By DesignHeaven
Thanks given by:
Hey, so I can't seem to find a download link for Jules that works.
Anyone care to re-upload it for me?
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ba4yby.../Jules.zip
Thanks given by: LutiChris , Lauli , STM1993
Really beautiful!
Thanks given by:
umm guys hi i am new here any one can tell me about jules char id?
Thanks given by:
Place "Jules" folder in sprite.
id: 741 type: 0 file: sprite\Jules\jules.dat
id: 742 type: 1 file: sprite\Jules\jules_ball.dat
Moves are D>A and DvA. Can't be bothered to check if he has other moves.
The char's id is not important, but the ball's id is.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Master A