Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is It Possible?
[] 
just planning to make my upcoming char teleport with an enemy when grabing him,just wanted to ask u guys if thats possible??
My Releases (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
matters do you want to tele port like this
red is you. green opponent

<< -------------> <<

or to nearest opponent

the first is possible with dvx/dvy/dvz(dvz is optional)
second only possible with 3 chars (you need 1 to grab and one to tele to)
Thanks given by:
If you just wanna teleport randomly, you can use dvx/y. itr/k:8 might work, too (as in: big itr, which covers the entire screen so that you'll be moved to a place pretty much randomly); however, I don't know if that will make the exe crash...
You can try using state: 400/1 while still having a cpoint, but remember that some cpoint-things don't work if you're not in state: 9 (or 10, respectively)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
i know the dvx/dvy thing,but is it possible like woody..
ur way is great too BP:)
My Releases (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
I didn't try it yet, but I think using state: 400/401 will come out like this

U - You
E1 - Grabbed Enemy
E2 - Enemy you're teleporting to
1st: you grabbed him, using state 9
---E1U------E2---
2nd: you teleport with a cpoint, using state 400
---E1-------E2--U
3rd: you're using state 9 again
------------E2E1U

you see, while you're using state: 400, the enemy will remain at his currently position but you're teleported, when you use state: 9 again some cpoint function are reactivated so the grabbed enemy teleports after you...
well, I didn't test it, but I had that problem while using other states

oh another thing what can happen: you're actually teleporting to the enemy you've cought instead of the "free" enemy you want to teleport to
Thanks given by:
(06-17-2009, 10:27 AM)Angel_Adam Wrote:  just planning to make my upcoming char teleport with an enemy when grabing him,just wanted to ask u guys if thats possible??

yes . it does just yesterday i tried that using a clone that catch the enemy and teleport back to his owner. ik3 cpoints state 400 & 401
and state 9 bla . real simple .

if you are asking about teleporting to an enemy with caught enemy character?
am gonna try that too.

Edit : you cant use state 400 to teleport to the enemy with caught character.what nave said is true. you teleport to ur caught enemy .
you could try could what Azriel suggested below my post.I tried that & it does work cause u take ur caught enemy far away so hes not the closest enemy and you are able to teleport to another enemy.

Teleporting to an enemy also work with cenetry x 10000. only cenetry x can also allow u to run with the caught enemy to most distant enemy character in the map even if ur next to ur other enemys.it could be useful in stage mod.it has the same problem like the cpoints method.

now u can teleport with caught enemy to most closest or distant enemy/ally .
Thanks given by:
you could have a "buggy" solution:

make ur cpoint x: -100000,
teleport (the caught char is really far away)
cpoint normal.

problem is, you'd teleport to the side of the screen if there's only 1 enemy.

I'm not sure whether the teleportation distance takes into account y and/or z axis distance. my point assumes only x axis calculation

Azriel~
Thanks given by:
I made myself a deep ball like that (you know for those hard to reach places :) ). Works similary to what Nave said. Totally possible, but the opponent might not tele to the right place.
Thanks given by:
Try giving the first caught frame a next:somethingelse, then that frame leads to a state 400 frame.
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by:
Try this:
Opoint a ball.
The ball catches the character and goes into a pickable frame.
The character grabs it the same way he would during a run-D (I forget how)
The character teleports.
The ball lets go of the character. At the exact same time, the character grabs him.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by: