Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gad's Sprites
Hooold on.
(03-31-2010, 04:11 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  DONT CRITICIZE THE DUDES SPRITING IF YOU CANT DO ANY BETTER!!

That's the point of critique. Film-Critic doesn't make films, but he criticize them.
Thanks given by:
(03-31-2010, 04:15 PM)Gad Wrote:  That's the point of critique. Film-Critic doesn't make films, but he criticize them.

that case doent really relate to this one at all, not even closely. i mean he can criticize like normal people, and not starting to act like ur sprite sucks and he can do waaay better job.
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
(03-31-2010, 04:11 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  
(03-31-2010, 02:44 PM)Hacker Wrote:  You disappointed me =(

(03-31-2010, 03:17 PM)Hacker Wrote:  C'mon gad don't let me hang down

come on dude thats really irritating cut the guy some slack . you see that what i really hate!
DONT CRITICIZE THE DUDES SPRITING IF YOU CANT DO ANY BETTER!!

i would like to see you make better pants that he did. which you totally wouldn't.
@Gad nice work i just know you can do better... its just that you probably didnt sprite for a while so you need some warmup to get this right thats all. thumbs up mate!

srry for acting like that but i had to say...

Argh i don't care if you give me another warning simon GFY!

I was just trying to point out that he has done way better sprites before and this sprite was not his usual quality!

So you say everyone who isn't better shouldn't critize?
How should that person then get better to be able to critize if noone (except people with natural talent [like gad]) is good enough to critize someone else?

and by the way

(03-31-2010, 04:11 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  
(03-31-2010, 02:44 PM)Hacker Wrote:  You disappointed me =( Cause i know you can do it better

(03-31-2010, 03:17 PM)Hacker Wrote:  C'mon gad don't let me hang down return to your normal quality
i just know you can do better...
I know it's difficult but try to read between the lines.
Thanks given by:
prince_freeza Wrote:can all this "fail" discussion be done here so we can get back on topic?
can all this "DONT CRITICIZE THE DUDES SPRITING IF YOU CANT DO ANY BETTER!!" discussion be done here so we can get back on topic?
So yea, prince. Hahaha.

Nice sprites, Gad.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 28cha4k.png]
Well, I guess that's kinda "miner".
Thanks given by:
niiiice one gad. rly smooth sprites dude. and i love that hair
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
the last one is kinda... plastic, I think the shading is too bright, try to use darker tones for the top layers of the shading "the shading contrast is too elevated for the eye apreciation" (i think that's how a medieval professional spriter would put it)
and his shoulders are too high close to the head, it looks like he has negative neck... try to put head a little higher or lower the shoulders and it will be fixed

(sorry about that, i'm not a spriter (bad hand for drawing) but i have good eyes)
[Image: bilxvzqm0a6dmcc6c.png]
by firzenX's graphics shop

my spriting attempts | Char: Boomer
odBearBecauseHeIsVeryGoodSiuHungIsAGo
chishio: "The only limitations in life, are those imposed by yourself and the laws of physics." - learn parkour or join the matrix (either will set you free from physics).
Thanks given by:
Well, thanks. I wanted this jacket to look kinda plastic and shiny. Gonna repair this somehow today :).
Thanks given by:
The hair looks too back heavy, and his shoulders are a bit too close to each other. I think the shiny jacket is okay, it might be leather ;P

@Critique 'discussion': None of you guys seem to be able to recognize criticism. What we want to achieve is something constructive, right?
Good criticism involves pointing out the flaws in the object or behaviour being criticised. The way to 'fix' the fault should be very clear, for an instance, saying "The eyes look like sh*t." isn't a very good way of criticising. Saying "Your picture looks like sh*t." is even worse. A good way of putting it would be "I don't like the eyes very much, they are way too dark compared to the rest of the picture."
So yeah, think twice before calling something you have written saying something negative about something critique.

TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Thanks given by: Simoneon
[Image: x3iv7l.png]
http://i44.tinypic.com/x3iv7l.png

TEH EDIT!
Thanks given by: