Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Char] Dan
All right, this character may seem familiar to some of you, because it used to be Stripe. However, I've made it into a new thread because a) it has changed a lot since the original, b) I decided to change his name to Dan, and c)... Everyone stopped posting on the last thread.

[Image: Stripe-2.jpg]

Clicky> Video <Clicky

D>J: Energy Ball
D>A+A: 360 Back Kick
Roll + D: Spin Kick
D^J or J while jumping or rolling: Flipkick
D^A: Uppercut
DvA: Split Kick
DvJ: Teleport Slash
Uppercut + A or Jump + D^A: Fists of Spaz
J after FlipKick: Follow Jump
A after Follow Jump (+A,+A...): Air Punch
DJA: MultiPunch

Please tell me what you like about it, what needs to be improved, etc.

Attached Files
.rar   Stripe.rar (Size: 320.21 KB / Downloads: 299)
Henry David Thoreau Wrote:
Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine.
Thanks given by:
Release Dan as a download, it's very hard for us to rate a character by a mere video.
From what I've seen from the film though; rather messy sprites (e.g. standing pose), choppy moves (e.g. instantly extended leg) and 'stiff' character poses (e.g. image below)
[Image: firstmove.jpg]
I'm interested in the moves themselves though.

It's just a project for now, but try to release 'beta' versions for us to try so we can give better advice and help you out ;)

Edit: By the way, nice face pic ;p
My projects:
=> Comet - LF2 ver.1.9/1.9c skin.
=> CRE - ComboRegenerativeEnemy.

Contact me if the links to my projects become unavailable.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2009, 12:22 AM)JossuaDC Wrote:  Release Dan as a download, it's very hard for us to rate a character by a mere video.
From what I've seen from the film though; rather messy sprites (e.g. standing pose), choppy moves (e.g. instantly extended leg) and 'stiff' character poses (e.g. image below)
[Image: firstmove.jpg]
I'm interested in the moves themselves though.

It's just a project for now, but try to release 'beta' versions for us to try so we can give better advice and help you out ;)

Edit: By the way, nice face pic ;p

Oops, heh heh... I forgot to add the download... Also, the animation issues are just because of the camera lag.
Thanks given by:
'Stripe.rar'
Might wanna change that...
I'll give him a shot.
My projects:

Thanks given by:
Well if u forgot to give download than why not give now ? The char it's self looks interesting to me by looking at the vid , I got propably ... let's say , 30% top to the judging meter for this char. The download should raise the remaining 70% so we can REALLY judge the char.
[Image: 6578m8.png]

Join the fun .........

Thanks given by:
(03-09-2009, 04:25 AM)zero_legends Wrote:  Well if u forgot to give download than why not give now ? The char it's self looks interesting to me by looking at the vid , I got propably ... let's say , 30% top to the judging meter for this char. The download should raise the remaining 70% so we can REALLY judge the char.

Umm... I did add the download... right after I said that I forgot... :D
Thanks given by:
Uhm... You made a mistake in the dcing part...
Take a look at the teleport frames and the location of tele.wav (I had to fix it manually)
Also: Lol @ some of the frame names.

Testing him out right now.

Edit:
Well... There are combo's... *rapidly mashes A* Maybe a little overpowered, but ok.
There's a move that catches the enemy and sends him to frame 1000 (aka. the not-dead-but-deleted-zone)... Well, it's fun when you're experimenting - but it's a bad thing to add to a real project...
I've seen worse characters. Dan's not poorly made - but he's not that great either (at least I'm honest ;)).
If it makes you feel better, I'll upload the first Bandit edit I've ever made to this forum so you can have a laugh at my DCing (of 3 years ago).
My projects:

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the constructive criticism... Dan is a work in progress, I don't think the character will be done any time soon, but it's been close to being done for quite a while now XD. I thought I removed the call it had for tele.wav, my apologies for that. I don't plan on removing the next: 1000 catch, but I definitely plan to make it much harder to pull off, and more streamlined. Lol, I'm glad you noticed the frame names. I figured that it didn't affect the character, and someone like you would find them. Congratulations. :)
Thanks given by:
;)
I really like to see well designed moves that can link into combos that players can experiment with themselves.
I mean;
Various moves that the player can connect themselves (e.g. pressing hit_Fa: during a many_punch will lead to dash_attack and pressing hit_Fj: will lead to a 'singlong').

You've made combos that exist of mashing A to complete and have no alternative 'routes'. Sure, it's pretty - but it will add a lot to the actual gameplay if you were to apply something like I've described above.

It's just a suggestion though ;)

Dan's not a bad character at all (even in this unfinished state), so good job and good luck.
My projects:

Thanks given by:
All right, when I get back to a windows computer on Monday, I'll do that. Also, did you notice/what did you think of the moves he can do while rolling? (press j or d while rolling)
Thanks given by: