Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To Solve a DCing Problem
Recently, this forum has been flooded by elementary DCing problems. They're so easy that a link to the mainsite is enough. To be honest, I get sick of these idiotic askers. If you feel offended now, that's your problem, I didn't say your name. I'd just be pleased as punch if everybody could think BEFORE asking, it'd reduce the amount of redundant questions a lot. kthx.

Now, back to topic. You need an approach of how you can solve a problem. For unknown reasons, I'll just tell you how I do it (in case it is a harder problem). What you need:
# knowledge about DCing (duh!)
# pen and paper
# a comp to test your method out

First step: get off the computer. You don't need a comp to get the solution set up.
Second step: illustrate what your solution requires. Take advantage of these questions: How is the situation set up? What's the end result supposed to be? And most important: how do you get from the set up to the result? Many ways are possible.
Third step: Think of your way. Don't even try to express it in DCing-terms. Pseudo-code is something awesome. Write down your thinking steps. Think about it once again. Is your logic flawless?
Fourth step: After you got down your way of approaching the problem, it's time to think about the DCing matter. Imagine if you can realize these problems. Programmer's "if" can be realized with timers, itr/k: 8, or even mp. Think about it until you know THAT it is possible.
Fifth step: Now it is time to write down the code. The ultra-important steps are usually somewhere written down, the other parts are easy to imagine then. Depending on how much knowledge you have, you can omit more and more steps as they seem pretty obvious to you.
Sixth step: Smash the code into your computer. Actually, you just need to follow the guidelines you made in the previous steps and add a few things (for example a neat itr or something similar).
Seventh step: Testing. It's common that it won't work at the beginning. Is it a reason to desperate? No. Try to find the "corrupt" frame, think about your logic another time. Bug fixing etc.
Eighth step: Rejoice that the thingy is working, or, alternatively ask in the forum why it's not working.

That's it. Hopefully you'll follow these steps, especially if you're asking a lot without ever seeing a pattern in the solutions. Again, if you feel to be meant, that's your thing, I didn't say your name. And now stop asking dumb questions. kthxbye
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: skelguardian , Drahcir , KadajNoir , MH-Razen
wow these r realy usfull information...thnx
My Releases (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
My oppinion:
This tread will reduce the ampunt of useless treads by exactly 0,1%... In general, new members NEVER read such treads >.>
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: Lauli
See it like this: I have a generic reason to trash stupid DC threads now or answer with a single link >8D
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2009, 06:25 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  See it like this: I have a generic reason to trash stupid DC threads now or answer with a single link >8D

XD
K, great idea ^^

But i will still answer that guys if i'm faster then you :P Good way to increase postcount ^^ XD AND to learn... i often say wrong solutions XD

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
ah, hopefully this will work
thanks for speaking up, before i did!Twisted
it jsut makes so much sense, that i will constantly link use the link to this thread
for ANYONE
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2009, 05:25 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  My oppinion:
This tread will reduce the ampunt of useless treads by exactly 0,1%... In general, new members NEVER read such treads >.>

I readed it:D
-.-
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2009, 05:16 PM)Kraymel Wrote:  
(02-26-2009, 05:25 PM)Alblaka Wrote:  My oppinion:

I readed it:D

I said 0,1%, not 0% ^^

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
I readed it too, but why do i have to get of my computer, i can also write it in word, why the paper and pen....
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2010, 12:08 PM)David Wrote:  I readed it too, but why do i have to get of my computer, i can also write it in word, why the paper and pen....

Actually, i plan most of my char when im not able to reach my computer... f.e. in school or whereever.
And additional, you can keep a piece of paper always next to your PC Screen... but you can't keep a file with same content opened on your screen all over the time ^^

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: