Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
The LFE IRC channel
Server: ircs://irc.libera.chat:6697
Channel: #lfe
Webchat: https://web.libera.chat/?channel=#lfe

old addresses, kepts for historical reasons (19/06/2021) (Click to View)

Entering the irc channel
To enter, grab any irc client, advised are mIRC, ChatZilla, XChat2, HydraIRC, etc.
---
We also offer a java based clientWebchat on this board up there that is browserbased and will directly go to the channel! This one is advised if you're very new to irc and only wish to pay a visit to the irc for a bit. It's not optimal for staying in there on the long-run and I advise getting a more solid client. You also need java to run it.
Since it reads the forum usernames, it sadly also has a bug: If your forum name involves invalid characters such as "~" it won't let you connect to the server, so try to avoid using those characters in your name! If you do have a name on the forums involving invalid characters and are thus not able to connect, contact an administrator such as MH-Razen to request a name change if you wish.
If that's the case just use freenode's java client as an alternative where you can set up your name for entering.

Other information
-> Netiquette applies as always. Just don't troll, flame or whatever, don't bother with illegal links, wares, etc. Please note that swearing in the channel can happen usually since it's rather lax compared to the forums, so take care!

Ops are staff that will join, or nice non-staff, depending, really.

You can obviously also ask for LF2 network fights here, however consider that when a person says "no", accept it and don't continue to bother them, please <: Also, instead of throwing your IP into the channel I advise PMing (yes IRC has a PM function per "/msg <user> <message>"), however that's a choice of your own to take and doesn't quite matter really anyways since we should be all nice in there.

So yeah, really, talk about anything here, and have fun. I recommend "lurking"/"idling", as in waiting for conversation to pop up by staying on the channel instead of quitting a minute after joining, there's a higher chance you'll get into conversation with people!

Oh yeah and hint: Have a look at irc guides, and if you're there to stay, I advise registering your nick and getting more familiar with the commands.

We hope to see you in there soon!
Thanks given by:
Aaah, I hope this works out! I'll try to be online as much as possible! :P
Thanks given by:
Yes, it's rather silent and small right now, but if we get people to check it out and lurk there everything's going to be great.
Thanks given by:
Why it doesn't work D:

Hey DON didn't you figure it out now - Cirno
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Yo, I'm on there most of the time so if you go there and leave a message I'll answer you :p (IRC is a great way to bug me and make me do something).
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
When I get onto irc.freenode.net, it asks for a user name and a password. What should I do?

Regards,
RectumHoward
Founder of the Hoods.

Thanks given by:
RectumHoward Wrote:When I get onto irc.freenode.net, it asks for a user name and a password. What should I do?

Regards,
RectumHoward
What client are you using, what exactly does it say?

..also, bumping this thread as the irc is pretty much dead unless I'm on.
Thanks given by:
A bump to drag attention to the irc, it now has a little icon up there on the top right of the forums that links to a browserbased java client just for you guys.
Thanks MH!

So yeah I added some information in the first post about it and restructured it, feel free to join in!

A short bump to attract some more attention, it's literally dead.
I'm on there most of the day when my laptop's on, so if you just lurk around and leave your client running or something I should show up eventually.

There's no way of getting activity into this without frequent lurkers, even the smallest one can help!
Thanks given by:
I informed marti about the existence of a LF2 IRC Chanel...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
MH-Razen Wrote:I informed marti about the existence of a LF2 IRC Chanel...

..oh wow, however at the moment it's incredibly empty usually, besides the occasional Sinow and the rare Silva + the frequent me, plus I don't think it'd be that significant anyways.

---
Also overall people don't seem to understand the idea of being a regular
Check it up.
Thanks given by: